• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Showdown season3 discussions - end of the seventh season and the start of the eight season

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
How many hours are you guys averaging to reach 1.5-1.7m fans?

141 quarters to superstar 3 this week for me (including 2 expired/forfeit), so it's a little under 2h/day.
Also, you and I both know that you like to start the week off slowly and come in at the last 2-3 days and make a killing and finish top 500

it's not going to be that simple tho. schedule is not helping :lol: and there are a bunch of other factors.

last week it all fit well. the available free time, the timing of the level-ups, even the weekend ads came at a convenient moment.

with 85 ovr last weekend I had an above average ovr for tiers like superstar-3. now i have an 89.3 or sth which puts me at the same level as most ppl at 89. And only chances of ovr rise are heavy investments I'm not willing to make - boosted PG + D.Rose.

Selling the 85 Don. Mitchell prize was also a bad idea. specially with the possibility of no 85 players in this week's prizes and the news of line-ups. I'm not going with any fan boosting player so there are others with that advantage.

Besides the issues with overly fast quarters that aren't helping my gameplay, I don't like to go for 3s-only, but score a lot with lay-ups in transition whenever possible, yet this week that's a bad idea because boosted AD is turning my 100% easy lay-ups into 71% miss or even 42% if Wallace is around. The amount of 91%+ lay-ups missed is also higher. So I'm having the need to adapt my gameplay and end playing worse overall in this scenario.
Whats ur fan total like.. maybe slow down till the ovr bonus goes if its affecting ur gameplay that much..
The way its going i feel maybe 1.8 to 2 mill will be required for the top 1000.

How many hours are you guys averaging to reach 1.5-1.7m fans?

141 quarters to superstar 3 this week for me (including 2 expired/forfeit), so it's a little under 2h/day.
Also, you and I both know that you like to start the week off slowly and come in at the last 2-3 days and make a killing and finish top 500

it's not going to be that simple tho. schedule is not helping :lol: and there are a bunch of other factors.

last week it all fit well. the available free time, the timing of the level-ups, even the weekend ads came at a convenient moment.

with 85 ovr last weekend I had an above average ovr for tiers like superstar-3. now i have an 89.3 or sth which puts me at the same level as most ppl at 89. And only chances of ovr rise are heavy investments I'm not willing to make - boosted PG + D.Rose.

Selling the 85 Don. Mitchell prize was also a bad idea. specially with the possibility of no 85 players in this week's prizes and the news of line-ups. I'm not going with any fan boosting player so there are others with that advantage.

Besides the issues with overly fast quarters that aren't helping my gameplay, I don't like to go for 3s-only, but score a lot with lay-ups in transition whenever possible, yet this week that's a bad idea because boosted AD is turning my 100% easy lay-ups into 71% miss or even 42% if Wallace is around. The amount of 91%+ lay-ups missed is also higher. So I'm having the need to adapt my gameplay and end playing worse overall in this scenario.

When you put it like this, I definitely understand. I almost sold my 85 card but it was Jokic so 1) probably wouldn't go for much, and 2) It's at least higher than drummond/wallace and gave a small boost but I guess they definitely add up! Some matches I get 10-12K fans, others I get close to 15K (with good margin from my AI of course). It never seemed like much, but that extra 2K can add up very fast and make a difference so I understand.

The good news is, in 18 hours the boost ends, so your layups will be more succesfull :D

I also wasn't a huge fan of the boosts. It was fun for a bit, but got kind of old fast. I'm guessing there will be some 86s on the top ends but mainly 85s again.

edlllpt

Pro 1
Whats ur fan total like.. maybe slow down till the ovr bonus goes if its affecting ur gameplay that much..
The way its going i feel maybe 1.8 to 2 mill will be required for the top 1000.

just the 1.085 of entering sup,3.

I can't slow down more than I'm doing :lol: I'm still with a positive w/l btw. it's not that bad.
I also wasn't a huge fan of the boosts. It was fun for a bit, but got kind of old fast. I'm guessing there will be some 86s on the top ends but mainly 85s again.

Completing the 88ovr achievement ends being one of the few positives of the boosting for me xD

in any case, there seems to be a lot more people trying to get to legend, so that's good for the game in general, at least.

I'm at the 1.35M mark and the pace of the top 100 has slowed significantly. I guess we're cannibalising each other with these two point losses.

Put me down as a fan of the boosts. It's gonna feel weird without a supercharged Ben Wallace. I must admit that guy was doing things on offense he could never have done in a million years in real life, but it was fun to watch.

Someone mentioned the 85 Jokic. Man is that card a handful. That card and Tip-Off Isiah give me the most trouble in SD right now.

betaman411

All-Star 1
I'm at the 1.35M mark and the pace of the top 100 has slowed significantly. I guess we're cannibalising each other with these two point losses.

Put me down as a fan of the boosts. It's gonna feel weird without a supercharged Ben Wallace. I must admit that guy was doing things on offense he could never have done in a million years in real life, but it was fun to watch.
I just made Legend. After my 5-8 loss, I went on a run for the ages. I think I made 225k-250k fans straight. So then I was only a couple thousand fans from Legend and the fun began. 7 or 8 losses in a row. Then I need two wins to make it. Sitting at 424 now and going to take a break while others catch up. Shouldn?t be too difficult to stay In Top 1000. I may even go for 2M just to be safe.

SD is definitely rigged though...it know when you?re close to the next tier!

Drowzy

Rookie 1
I'd estimate 1.75M for top1000

I'll probably have a hard time getting there as well. I'm around 900th and I don't think I'll be able to increase the pace

my win % is being mediocre this week and some connection issues aren't helping. the current 1-1-5 in ties shows that close games aren't going my way this time.

I'm not really enjoying these halloween-boosted days xD It's everyone with the same 4 boosted players and a point guard position that isn't diverse either.

btw, the first quarter I played in the boosted era I matched immediately with someone with Rozier. I lost, but I also found it easy to get a pair of steals.

don't you guys feel that some quarters are being run at excessive speed? It seems a random setting/problem of some specific quarters and not necessarily a matter of the boosted speed stats

For example, I've experienced these 42 total points in 150 seconds which is crazy in days without abilities and while it went my way, I'd rather have my players at their normal speed and not everyone being Usain Bolt. And there were missed shots in there.

Xp4zHV0.png

yes i cant wait for the their boosts to be over, it been feeling like there's no balance in the game, my win % has become very poor, and unlike other's views on them, the boosted player's miss a bit too much for me, switched back to CP3 as my main shooter and started getting better games..

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
I'd estimate 1.75M for top1000

I'll probably have a hard time getting there as well. I'm around 900th and I don't think I'll be able to increase the pace

my win % is being mediocre this week and some connection issues aren't helping. the current 1-1-5 in ties shows that close games aren't going my way this time.

I'm not really enjoying these halloween-boosted days xD It's everyone with the same 4 boosted players and a point guard position that isn't diverse either.

btw, the first quarter I played in the boosted era I matched immediately with someone with Rozier. I lost, but I also found it easy to get a pair of steals.

don't you guys feel that some quarters are being run at excessive speed? It seems a random setting/problem of some specific quarters and not necessarily a matter of the boosted speed stats

For example, I've experienced these 42 total points in 150 seconds which is crazy in days without abilities and while it went my way, I'd rather have my players at their normal speed and not everyone being Usain Bolt. And there were missed shots in there.

Xp4zHV0.png

yes i cant wait for the their boosts to be over, it been feeling like there's no balance in the game, my win % has become very poor, and unlike other's views on them, the boosted player's miss a bit too much for me, switched back to CP3 as my main shooter and started getting better games..
Same here.. spreewell just kept missing for me and wallace was just absent on defense.. switched back to klay and wilt..
Btw klay is great at shot blocking in the paint .. and wilt had great reach

I made it to Legend for the first time on global. Not bad for an old NBALM Asia campaigner like myself.

I am number 585 on the leaderboard.

aramwot

Rookie 3
Staff member
Founder
I'm @ like 6k at the moment with 484k fans.. It was easier to grind out in s2 for some reason.

I will aim for top 1k, but we'll see what happens..

Welcome to Global @commodjapan.

Ps..

I am going to work on making tagging with @'s a thing in the next forum software update....

Which is coming soon...

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
I'm @ like 6k at the moment with 484k fans.. It was easier to grind out in s2 for some reason.

I will aim for top 1k, but we'll see what happens..

Welcome to Global @commodjapan.

Ps..

I am going to work on making tagging with @'s a thing in the next forum software update....

Which is coming soon...
It used to 2 weeks and 100% bonus.. hence it felt easier..
Somehow im also feeling the grind this time..

Really hope they return to 2 weeks at some point..

dub365

All-Star 1
I liked the fact that it was doable in 2 weeks, no matter what your real life obligations we're. But I hated the wait for rewards. It was too long. As it is, if you can get top 1000 every week, you're making out like a bandit. One week for a top player plus an elite. But this is my last hurrah for a while bc it's too time intensive. I did it last week for Curry & said no more bc it was too much & now I'm back at it. But I'm burnt. They really just need to up the bonus to 100% & I think that would make it a bit easier & more palatable for a larger portion of the player base.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
I liked the fact that it was doable in 2 weeks, no matter what your real life obligations we're. But I hated the wait for rewards. It was too long. As it is, if you can get top 1000 every week, you're making out like a bandit. One week for a top player plus an elite. But this is my last hurrah for a while bc it's too time intensive. I did it last week for Curry & said no more bc it was too much & now I'm back at it. But I'm burnt. They really just need to up the bonus to 100% & I think that would make it a bit easier & more palatable for a larger portion of the player base.

Yup.. i remember being impatient for the reward.. but the constant grind is taking away from the enjoyment.. im waiting to if some people divert to legend program today..

Legend is crazy hard. It?s so hard that being able to eek out a meager 50k fans is the difference between 620 and 420. Even when you win you feel like you?re losing.

betaman411

All-Star 1
For anyone that makes top 10k but doesn?t reach legend, remember apparently they give you your elite if you contact them

Its a relief knowing that ill get sn 84 At least if i dint get into the top 1000

Exactly, this new system is MUCH better than s2 even if it?s only one week.

For some reason, this week wasn?t near the grind of last week. I felt like I played the same amount and I got to Legend 2 whole days sooner. Of course, that can?t be true but I?m sure I won more matches earlier this week. I may also be one of the few keeping my Halloween lineup intact! Won my first Legend match with them when I forgot to change my lineup before searching. I?ll probably replace Sprewell (Klay) and Wallace (Drummond or Wilt) though.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakito
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.