• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Black Friday Thread

Man, Brian had a bit of meltdown in Josh's discord tonight. He was yelling at everyone for exploiting and promoting the lack of a timer on the rep/coin packs. He even threatened to exclude coin packs from future promos despite the fact that it was their own fault.

I bought a few before the fix went out but didn't think it was worth blowing all of my coins on. I really dig the concept of this promo though. It's tempting to go all in on BF tokens, but I'm holding off and solely using them to speed up my progress on Curry and Tatum. I just hope enough people get Jokic for me to be able to get him off the AH.

Ya i dont get it.. most users wouldnt even know if it is a glitch or intentional.. lets hope he doesn't follow thru on his threat.

+1. There's such a small percentage of players that are apart of a community that is informed of things before they occur. Anyone else logs in, buys the pack, sees they can buy another and does so. If they don't follow Brian on twitter or aren't on this site or any other site, how in the heck could they know any different? It sucks, but they goofed. Sometimes you shoot yourself in the foot. It happens. Live and learn. They're just doing some more learning but hopefully it doesn't negatively affect the players. We didn't ask for this to happen, similar to a while back when EVERY shot went in due to some weird stuff that went wrong.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
Man, Brian had a bit of meltdown in Josh's discord tonight. He was yelling at everyone for exploiting and promoting the lack of a timer on the rep/coin packs. He even threatened to exclude coin packs from future promos despite the fact that it was their own fault.

I bought a few before the fix went out but didn't think it was worth blowing all of my coins on. I really dig the concept of this promo though. It's tempting to go all in on BF tokens, but I'm holding off and solely using them to speed up my progress on Curry and Tatum. I just hope enough people get Jokic for me to be able to get him off the AH.

Devs love to take out frustrations from their **** ups on the players like it's our fault him and his co-workers can't do things right for all we know it was planned that way to allow unlimited packs to be bought because they don't tell us everything and they do tell us often that the stuff they do tell us is subject to change so even those on platforms such as this don't know what to completely expect because they change things at the drop of a hat

aramwot

Rookie 3
Staff member
Founder
In some ways, there is a positive EA doesn't rain on us here... torment us up close and personal for finding ways to advance in the game that they themselves create by not being thorough with minor details.. :D

Let's blast the users why don't we :D

This coming from me, I had no time to do this you lucky people, you..

jcrou82

Rookie 1
What I want to know is what happened to the Tourney and Food packs. I was counting on those 10 Tourneys to get to 89. I think the math comes out better with BFs but having 30K per day vs 105K per day was easier to manage. I was hoping they'd keep those two packs AND the BF packs.

Or Am I missing something?

betaman411

All-Star 1

Ya i dont get it.. most users wouldnt even know if it is a glitch or intentional.. lets hope he doesn't follow thru on his threat.

Classic EA. Blame someone else for your own mistake. I wonder what that mistake cost if you could monetize it? I mean the two of us were both ?surprised? there was no timer but neither was 100% sure if it was a mistake or not. How can he say people exploited a mistake though when there?s no rhyme or reason to this game half the time?!

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
What I want to know is what happened to the Tourney and Food packs. I was counting on those 10 Tourneys to get to 89. I think the math comes out better with BFs but having 30K per day vs 105K per day was easier to manage. I was hoping they'd keep those two packs AND the BF packs.

Same here.. was counting on the 10 daily tokens for steph.. luckily turned in rep for 100 tokens .. now the slow grind to 89.. .. the challenge is going to be to get 500 + 100 (for curry ) tokens

betaman411

All-Star 1

Same here.. was counting on the 10 daily tokens for steph.. luckily turned in rep for 100 tokens .. now the slow grind to 89.. .. the challenge is going to be to get 500 + 100 (for curry ) tokens
How close are you to 89? I bought one 50 pack and I?m still only at 170.. The food pack for 30 tokens seems ridiculous or is it just me? And I?ve lost the BF blitz events one time each. I literally didn?t make a shot until the buzzer on the 2 assist one. All perfect midrange releases...wtf.

Gareth64

Rookie 1
I don?t know about all of you, but I don?t actually want any of the BF players apart from the obvious fact that they?re high OVRs... it?s always a consideration for me to get cards that I like either because I like the player or the art or the concept ie the Hoodie Melo, Scary Terry etc. Apart from the obvious OVR benefit, there?s not very much of interest for me with these BF players.

I?m grinding for 89 Curry and then looking to get him to 90, hopefully going for Tatum if there are some favourable BF token exchanges and then looking to snipe Masked or Scary when hopefully their prices drop due to influx of higher OVR cards. I don?t know, just my opinion lol

Anatdoc

All-Star 3

How close are you to 89? I bought one 50 pack and I?m still only at 170.. The food pack for 30 tokens seems ridiculous or is it just me? And I?ve lost the BF blitz events one time each. I literally didn?t make a shot until the buzzer on the 2 assist one. All perfect midrange releases...wtf.
Im at 50/400.. calculation is 100 tokens per day for the 4 days..

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
I don?t know about all of you, but I don?t actually want any of the BF players apart from the obvious fact that they?re high OVRs... it?s always a consideration for me to get cards that I like either because I like the player or the art or the concept ie the Hoodie Melo, Scary Terry etc. Apart from the obvious OVR benefit, there?s not very much of interest for me with these BF players.

I?m grinding for 89 Curry and then looking to get him to 90, hopefully going for Tatum if there are some favourable BF token exchanges and then looking to snipe Masked or Scary when hopefully their prices drop due to influx of higher OVR cards. I don?t know, just my opinion lol
Same here.. i stopped going for curry and went after tatum bcz i use my sf and sg way more than my pg .. and none of the bf players appeal to me other than kawhi but i just got tatum.....

betaman411

All-Star 1
How did you get to 100?

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
How did you get to 100?
Cant u by putting all ur stamina?

betaman411

All-Star 1
How did you get to 100?

100-18 (first wins avg) = 82/3 (avg per win) = 27.333*50 = 1366.67 stamina required.

Starting with 350 ( avg person lvl), adding 100x3 stamina refills + 50 stamina refill = 700 - 200 (first wins) = 500

1367 (rounded) - 500 = 867/60 = 14.5 hr refill so yes, VERY possible. Haha

Edit: throw in login bonus stamina and it?s a cake walk.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
How did you get to 100?

100-18 (first wins avg) = 82/3 (avg per win) = 27.333*50 = 1366.67 stamina required.

Starting with 350 ( avg person lvl), adding 100x3 stamina refills + 50 stamina refill = 700 - 200 (first wins) = 500

Yup.. thats what i thought.. might have to spend some stamina/cash to get bf tokens.. most likely will have 500

hviana1979

Rookie 1
A quick question. If I don't get a 90 player on its 24h period, do I miss the chance for good?

I have 275 BF tokens but I won't be able to get all 500 for CJ today.

betaman411

All-Star 1
A quick question. If I don't get a 90 player on its 24h period, do I miss the chance for good?

I have 275 BF tokens but I won't be able to get all 500 for CJ today.

4 players per day at 24hr intervals doesn?t bode well for repeats. Not sure though.

betaman411

All-Star 1

Yup.. thats what i thought.. might have to spend some stamina/cash to get bf tokens.. most likely will have 500
Why can?t I stop myself from playing Brooklyn?? Seriously ridiculous drop rates for anything more than 2.

hviana1979

Rookie 1

Why can?t I stop myself from playing Brooklyn?? Seriously ridiculous drop rates for anything more than 2.

Besides the first win, when I have full stamina I always play at least one. If I get two I stop, three or more and I play it again. Got 11 this morning for the first time.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakito
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.