• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Showdown season3 discussions - end of the 12th season and the start of the 13th season

cire2245

Rookie 3
Nice lineup dub. Maybe will think of leveling up my elevate players or buy some cheap 83 to 84 elites to improve my lineup.

dub365

All-Star 1
This new SD seems ridiculous my 90 lineup has had two match ups against 83 OVR's so I should have a clear advantage.

First time I couldn't buy a bucket and their AI beat me by 3, top that off with him beating my AI by 12.

Second match against an 83, I eeked out a 7-6, win again couldn't buy a basket. Again they beat my AI by about 15.

I'm sorry but that's not realistic, it's complete and utter BS

Possibly good news on this front is that I saw Brian post about it today. He said he felt like there was something screen with the Advantage system. When he plays lowers, he doesn't feel like he's getting an advantage like he should. But he also said he "doesn't know how to show it to an engineer". He said it's more of a "feel". I disagree. It's obvious if you look at the final stats. An 83 shouni bear a 90 by 15 and then have the 90 struggle. But it's a baby step that someone at EA who actually plays the game sees a problem that we've been talking about for a long time

dub365

All-Star 1
Nice lineup dub. Maybe will think of leveling up my elevate players or buy some cheap 83 to 84 elites to improve my lineup.

Thanks! I did spend a bit to get all the Harvest Masters. But ive also maxed out almost all the elevate players plus Halloween Ingram. Getting legend in several SD seasons helped get some other high OVR players & last week I decided to try to get all my low bench players over 84 bc I knew we'd need the lineups sooner or later. I'm close to getting all 3 to 87

According to the test server in the dHitman137 video from today, next week bonus is "win with the defensive lineup"

The test server is not final but a little heads up.

Altavilla

Pro 1
This new SD seems ridiculous my 90 lineup has had two match ups against 83 OVR's so I should have a clear advantage.

First time I couldn't buy a bucket and their AI beat me by 3, top that off with him beating my AI by 12.

Second match against an 83, I eeked out a 7-6, win again couldn't buy a basket. Again they beat my AI by about 15.

I'm sorry but that's not realistic, it's complete and utter BS

Possibly good news on this front is that I saw Brian post about it today. He said he felt like there was something screen with the Advantage system. When he plays lowers, he doesn't feel like he's getting an advantage like he should. But he also said he "doesn't know how to show it to an engineer". He said it's more of a "feel". I disagree. It's obvious if you look at the final stats. An 83 shouni bear a 90 by 15 and then have the 90 struggle. But it's a baby step that someone at EA who actually plays the game sees a problem that we've been talking about for a long time

I?m having the same problem.

I have a 89 ovr team and I?m having too much trouble against lower ovr?s. And my team?s AI seems to make it easy for opponents sometimes: one 85 won his/her quarter against me 21-2.

Also, when shots are ?open? they seem to brick more. Missed 3 consecutive open (as per the onscreen feedback) 3pts with 90 Curry. I?m actually avoiding taking open shots now.

Saw 4katosh beating 90 and 91 ovr?s with his 88 ovr team too easily. Some opponents even had +90 Magic and Curry destroyed them.

For me this is an inconvenience (I?ll just go back to not playing SD). But for a P2P player who plays SD a lot it?s a big slap in the face. A specially big slap if you just spent $$$$$ to get Magic in hopes to get some edge for a couple weeks.

Some lower ovr players (like 83 Faried) seem to be on steroids.

Altavilla

Pro 1
Btw, I?m seeing a lot of people using 86 Alan Houston.
Can?t figure out why, since his stats look crappy and I?ve never seen him do anything worth of mention, so maybe something fishy (a 3pt glitch?) is going on.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
@alta.. when u face lower ovrs is it always like that or sometimes..i feel if u look thru like 50 quarters agst higher ovr and 50 agst lower .. u would have won way more agsy the lower ovrs .. all of us have won agst higher ovrs and all of us have lost agst lower ovrs.. it happens..the nets just beat the raptors and bulls beat thunder.. irl too.. :)

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
Can?t figure out why, since his stats look crappy and I?ve never seen him do anything worth of mention, so maybe something fishy (a 3pt glitch?) is going on.

My team mate swears by him.. he says after a layup, hes great from 3.. like 4-5 per quarter.. his ai is decent too.. plus for people who dont have hayward and/or coin houston is the highest ovr sg availabke for cheap..
I personally tried him on my alt.. didnt find him that great..

ramizi

Rookie 2

My team mate swears by him.. he says after a layup, hes great from 3.. like 4-5 per quarter.. his ai is decent too.. plus for people who dont have hayward and/or coin houston is the highest ovr sg availabke for cheap..

I used him for a few days before getting 90 Middleton. He was not great at all. Stats didn't lie this time...

dub365

All-Star 1

Yeah I used him for a day. It think it's entirely due to lack of options at that position & OVR. Houston is easy to get & cheap. Nothing more

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
Anyone between rank 900-1000 in sd.. whats the fan counts like...?
Wonderign whether to grind for top 1000 or just settle for top 2500

Last I saw, 1.1 was around 1K. Very congested but if you can break thru the congestion you can find some comfy ranks, I think. Just moved up 30 with 1 win while when I was 1100 a win would maybe move me 4-5 spots lol.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
Last I saw, 1.1 was around 1K. Very congested but if you can break thru the congestion you can find some comfy ranks, I think. Just moved up 30 with 1 win while when I was 1100 a win would maybe move me 4-5 spots lol.

K thanks.. im at 900k.. so wondering whether its worth diverting stamina from elevate..

Altavilla

Pro 1
@alta.. when u face lower ovrs is it always like that or sometimes..i feel if u look thru like 50 quarters agst higher ovr and 50 agst lower .. u would have won way more agsy the lower ovrs .. all of us have won agst higher ovrs and all of us have lost agst lower ovrs.. it happens..the nets just beat the raptors and bulls beat thunder.. irl too.. :)

It?s not the winning/loosing. I still win most of my SD games (as expected from a 89 ovr who is below 15k rank). It?s the dificulty.
Against 87 ovrs I win with +10 margins (both quarters). Against 83 ovrs I win with 1-5 margins and my players seem to struggle in the court.
And it?s not a one-off thing. I can see the pattern in my match history.
Something is off...

Anatdoc

All-Star 3

It?s not the winning/loosing. I still win most of my SD games (as expected from a 89 ovr who is below 15k rank). It?s the dificulty.
Against 87 ovrs I win with +10 margins (both quarters). Against 83 ovrs I win with 1-5 margins and my players seem to struggle in the court.
And it?s not a one-off thing. I can see the pattern in my match history.
Something is off...
Ok got it.. but is it like u always struggle agst 83s or once in a while..generally i can autoplay agst 2 lower ovr difference and usually win .. thats why i think the system cant be that bad..
frankly i view it as keeping the matches interesting.. i know it can get frustrating but maybe the uncertainty of what to expect is what theyre going for.. or maybe theyre just bad programmers..lol
As long as i win more than lose i learnt to accept this game as it is.. like u said it keeps me entertained...

Is anybody else having a hard time getting motivated over tokens? I was on pace for the top 1000 in the first few days but without the lure of a Kyrie it's hard to stay motivated.

dub365

All-Star 1
Yeah. I've been hanging just outside top 1000. Can't motivate myself to go any harder. I'll finish my first 90 Master after next week's season ends & if my math is correct, it won't matter if I'm top 1000 or top 2500.

I think a revamping was needed in some ways but by taking away the lure of top players every week.......players that could help your team or make you coin......their plan backfired. The masters aren't players that have anyone super stoked and they're basically made to be bench players. Nobody wants to spend a lot of time every week for that. Unless they make more changes the competition for top 1000 will plummet in a couple more weeks. I don't even think the allure of jerseys/ boosts will keep ppl engaged enough

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.