• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Season 4 Bug/Glitch Thread

Altavilla

Pro 1
It shows whatever lineup you had selected on your own team last, before hitting “scout” or “play”

Its confusing. Probably a glitch they’ll fix eventually

TomH

Pro 2
The 6 things driving me the craziest -

1. completed SD drives in your que as you use the option to start another game rather than watch the clock for 6 minutes frequently come up “loss - expired.” Frustrating as hell To waste a 24-4 drive. Equally frustrating for ea to waste my time making me wait On the clock.

2. the arbitrary and random out of bounds on the sideline. How on earth does that aid gameplay? I mean, really, how does that make playing a better experience?

3. Defense! A combo of the bloody double team - often with your center or PF coming to help your pg ( who needs no aid) beyond the 3 point line, your entire team deserting the paint leading to the inevitable easy rebound and put back, and the fact you can play hard tight D and ai still makes a fading post or a belly up set shot.

4. getting sucked into posting up whenever you get within 2 feet of a defender. Their ai doesn’t do that when I’m on D. Why does the player I’m actually controlling do that?

5. in lvl let us play in the direction we almost always play in all other gameplay — left to right on offense, or at least let direction be determined by higher ovr like it is in SD. Give us 2:30 drives!!! Every-frigging-other gameplay is 2:30 — SD, Season, and even the “win the game” campaign events. Make it uniform.

6. the differential between ai made “open-perfect-3” and manual “open-perfect-3.” In Fact, the last week or so, I have a higher percentage made Contested than Open. It’s becoming stroke-inducing watching a dead center +20 open 3 barely tick the back edge of the rim, as it sails over everything.

If they fixed these 6-ish things, gameplay would be sooooo much better. I know I’m repeating myself with the above, but f##king-A, it’s totally messed up. And most of it has been messed up for a couple years or more.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
The 6 things driving me the craziest -

1. completed SD drives in your que as you use the option to start another game rather than watch the clock for 6 minutes frequently come up “loss - expired.” Frustrating as hell To waste a 24-4 drive. Equally frustrating for ea to waste my time making me wait On the clock.

2. the arbitrary and random out of bounds on the sideline. How on earth does that aid gameplay? I mean, really, how does that make playing a better experience?

3. Defense! A combo of the bloody double team - often with your center or PF coming to help your pg ( who needs no aid) beyond the 3 point line, your entire team deserting the paint leading to the inevitable easy rebound and put back, and the fact you can play hard tight D and ai still makes a fading post or a belly up set shot.

4. getting sucked into posting up whenever you get within 2 feet of a defender. Their ai doesn’t do that when I’m on D. Why does the player I’m actually controlling do that?

5. in lvl let us play in the direction we almost always play in all other gameplay — left to right on offense, or at least let direction be determined by higher ovr like it is in SD. Give us 2:30 drives!!! Every-frigging-other gameplay is 2:30 — SD, Season, and even the “win the game” campaign events. Make it uniform.

6. the differential between ai made “open-perfect-3” and manual “open-perfect-3.” In Fact, the last week or so, I have a higher percentage made Contested than Open. It’s becoming stroke-inducing watching a dead center +20 open 3 barely tick the back edge of the rim, as it sails over everything.

If they fixed these 6-ish things, gameplay would be sooooo much better. I know I’m repeating myself with the above, but f##king-A, it’s totally messed up. And most of it has been messed up for a couple years or more.
Wonder if they'll ever fix these things. More or less problems from season 1.. the thing that gets me the most is the open 3 missing especially when I actually move the ball around. This combined with them never missing wing 3s even if contested. The computer ai has its spots .. once the ball reaches there I know my defence is going to be out of position (even if I switch it's going to be too late) and the balls going in

Altavilla

Pro 1
The thing that pisses me off the most is having worked to finally get to 87 ovr and find out it’s worthless by losing a quarter to an 83, on manual play.
I didn’t get a single defensive rebound, for crying out loud! My opponent’s 83 Convington got them all (2 times straight tip-in, to add insult to injury).

Thanks EA, for providing me a very shitty start to my day. (Just when I was starting to think I could have fun in LvL again :rolleyes: )

Besides the stuff mentioned above by TomH...
I’m still having those shots where i don’t press anything but the “button” is stuck.

Right now i feel a bit like those kids, in the old days, mashing buttons on arcade machines without inserting a quarter, while the demo play in on, just pretending to play.
I press those buttons, nothing happens the way i intended to, but it’s still fun to see all the pretty colors moving on the screen... NOT!

dub365

All-Star 1
The thing that pisses me off the most is having worked to finally get to 87 ovr and find out it’s worthless by losing a quarter to an 83, on manual play.
I didn’t get a single defensive rebound, for crying out loud! My opponent’s 83 Convington got them all (2 times straight tip-in, to add insult to injury).

Thanks EA, for providing me a very shitty start to my day. (Just when I was starting to think I could have fun in LvL again :rolleyes: )

I’m still having those shots where i don’t press anything but the “button” is stuck.

Right now i feel a bit like those kids, in the old days, mashing buttons on arcade machines without inserting a quarter, while the demo play in on, just pretending to play.
I press those buttons, nothing happens the way i intended to, but it’s still fun to see all the pretty colors moving on the screen... NOT!

Super pissed that 3 days in a row I've been nerfed in LVL as an 86 playing way lower opponents. I'm taking on the top guys, just not matched with top teams. I'm missing all my open shots, abilities missing, no rebounds to be found, magically stepping out of bounds as I run past midcourt. It's all super shitty to spend the effort to have good lineups and I get ******* ZERO advantage. I can literally feel the nerf. It's not me playing poorly and I've had quite enough EA

TomH

Pro 2

I even bought the newest gen 11” iPad on that button issue. Sure enough it’s still there. But there is a new twist - I’ll be sprinting and suddenly a half court shot is launched. I’ve taken to looking immediately at the buttons - my finger is on the sprint and shoot isn’t even illuminated.

HeinieManush

Rookie 1
I even bought the newest gen 11” iPad on that button issue. Sure enough it’s still there. But there is a new twist - I’ll be sprinting and suddenly a half court shot is launched. I’ve taken to looking immediately at the buttons - my finger is on the sprint and shoot isn’t even illuminated.
I have one of those too, Tom and I have had the same thing happen a few times.

Altavilla

Pro 1
Got the 2 rebounds on the last Lockdown drill (the 2nd that costs warm up points) but the event did not stop and only gave me 1 token after the registered “loss”

Were they defensive rebounds? I noticed that offensive rebounds don't count for some of these drills.

EDIT: Never mind. Offensive rebounds count for these drills.

Last edited:

Altavilla

Pro 1
Actually they were offensive rebounds. So maybe that is the glitch.

Did another “2 rebounds” drill today (can’t remember exactly where, but not the LD one) and all went well with that one

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
Actually they were offensive rebounds. So maybe that is the glitch.

Did another “2 rebounds” drill today (can’t remember exactly where, but not the LD one) and all went well with that one
Sometimes they count sometimes they don't.. usually counts defensive.. sometimes doesn't count offensive.. just like the score 8 points in the paint in showdown

HeinieManush

Rookie 1
Will not find me a SD opponent this morning... several tries different lineups. Long wait.

And yet they gave me 2 flash objectives from showdown, which will make my court pass difficult today! Sigh.... hopefully a bit later this morning.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.