• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Season 3 Bug/Glitch Thread

AussieMJ

Rookie 1
Re: Season 3 Glitch Thread

How over powered is the AI? I had to block them 5 times in 1 drive, eventually they got a shot clock violation

Alekk

Rookie 2

No one mentions that the legacy live events have turned into basic shooting drills that you can complete with bronze cards. I want to actually play with my OP platinums and my bench, which was promised to be usable. Whatever happened to that?

I find the AI plays pretty poorly most of the time. Even 77-79 OVR teams don?t play that well. It?s nothing compared to how OP the AI was at the start of season 2.

I like the improvements EA made in gameplay too, specifically loose ball animations, the double team animation and blocking and rebounding. My own AI is much more active on defense too. The automatic switch on defense is still too slow, however.

benkangquan

Rookie 1

If you play a 77-79 with a 82 rated team, the AI will not be so OP

If you play a 77-79 with a 75, then its different

The game will not allow you to get rebounds. If your player is closest to the ball, they will probably ' volleyball ' to the nearest opposition player.

5-3 4th event Rookie campaign, the AI is rebounding from 15 feet away

edlllpt

Pro 1

I find the AI plays pretty poorly most of the time.

It?s nothing compared to how OP the AI was at the start of season 2.

The automatic switch on defense is still too slow, however.

+1 to these.

We are not exactly losing many of our own quarters - which was a reality at some points at the start of season 2 h2h, when AI was passing the ball at headache-inducing-speed and basically every player could pull up for a successful three whenever they got close to the 3pt line.

one thing I think the AI being slightly better at is stealing. There were instances I was just wasting time at the end of an event, walking around, and being followed by one or two players like usual, but this time they were actually recovering the ball and I could not be as relaxed as I used to.

Hetzer

Rookie 1

If your player falls down after a dunk the other team's point guard doesn't wait for him to get up and dribbles to the other side of the court, sometimes resulting in an open shot. Don't think it's a glitch, just a gameplay issue.

If your player falls down after a dunk the other team's point guard doesn't wait for him to get up and dribbles to the other side of the court, sometimes resulting in an open shot. Don't think it's a glitch, just a gameplay issue.

That happens if you play with auto defence. That's the reason I changed to manual defence long ago.

Weathr

Rookie 1

Different parts of Lonnie Walker's hair turn invisible depending on the direction he's facing.

edlllpt

Pro 1

In Harden's thunder rolls event, we can shoot mid-range, yet the shot-meter goes to +20 only instead of +22

betaman411

All-Star 1

Absolutely certain, I run back out from the corner, my guard runs towards the basket, I run back to the corner and shoot and it?s still contested. Wide open

I do the same thing and confirm this ?glitch?.

I also support your SD observations. What I can?t figure out though is how the AI hits +95% of its FG?s against me and I lose 15-2 ?regularly?. Sure, I also have these quarters in my favor but I do think it?s more than random. Similar to S2 SD, the outcomes of each match are becoming very apparent less than a minute into the quarter. I?ve seen basically 3 or 4 types of matches:

1. Blowout vs Blowout - You win big and so do they usually within 3-5 pt spread.

2. Tight vs Tight - usually against a much higher or lower OVR, usually a close loss

3. Same as 1 except their match is close and you win big or vice versa, usually similar OVR

I just checked my match history and 51/175 matches were 3pts or less overall. 57/175 were 9pts or more. So roughly half the matches were decided between 3 and 9 pts. I guess statistically it averages out but it?s the trends that are more significant. One run of 13 straight wins and several 7-8/10 matches resulting in losses.

I guess what I?m trying to say is if you?re winning then keep playing and if not, quit! Haha

TripDubb

Rookie 1

The updated promotion rewards for Pro division have a 65^ on the pack, which seems to imply it gives x3 65+ players, but it still only gives 3 bronze rookie tokens.

Edit: This has been fixed with the recent maintenance. Now it shows a bronze token pack.

did anyone else randomly get rewarded with 100 Cash today?? I'm not complaining, but I'm certain I haven't logged in 14 days in a row (which is the reward for doing so if you check franchise manager under achievements).

I wonder if maybe they sent them out early to EVERYONE? No way they'd do that right??? Who knows.

My other guess is that even though it says I have 2 more days to reach 14, maybe it counted the days when I tried to log it but it said maintenance while others were able to log in. I wasn't able to start the season until I just happened to check the store for an update. It used to tell you when you open the app that an update was needed.

betaman411

All-Star 1

did anyone else randomly get rewarded with 100 Cash today?? I'm not complaining, but I'm certain I haven't logged in 14 days in a row (which is the reward for doing so if you check franchise manager under achievements).

I wonder if maybe they sent them out early to EVERYONE? No way they'd do that right??? Who knows.

My other guess is that even though it says I have 2 more days to reach 14, maybe it counted the days when I tried to log it but it said maintenance while others were able to log in. I wasn't able to start the season until I just happened to check the store for an update. It used to tell you when you open the app that an update was needed.

I got 100 nba cash randomly and then abt 2 hrs later (7pm EST) I got it for 14 days straight. My guess is the first 100 NBA cash was either an EA F up or compensation for one of their other F ups!

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief

Everyone should have got 200 with 100 being for no reason and 100 for logging in for 14 days which isn't possible yet

Neno

Rookie 1

Everyone should have got 200 with 100 being for no reason and 100 for logging in for 14 days which isn't possible yet

:D

I just don't understand why do we need 3 currencies. I mean, they can as well reward SD with cash or coins. They should at least allow to use rep as training currency.

betaman411

All-Star 1

Everyone should have got 200 with 100 being for no reason and 100 for logging in for 14 days <I>which isn't possible yet</I>
By EA math, Monday at 7pm EST was technically 14 straight logins. The day the new season dropped (9/5) they gave us 2 login credits and then 12 days from there (9/17) gets you to 14.

edlllpt

Pro 1

More minor stuff

• Yesterday I've had a 29% shot with a 'good shot, missed'feedback. A shot with that percentage shouldn't be labeled 'good'.
  • The game has some issue with best-team-priorities in the franchise menu, looking at player vs player instead of franchise as a whole. 79 Gary Harris has the red-update-arrows as if 79 Doncic is better, but if I replace him with Doncic, the franchise ovr goes down by 1. I assume the positive Harris impact comes from activating more coach boost

betaman411

All-Star 1

• The game has some issue with best-team-priorities in the franchise menu, looking at player vs player instead of franchise as a whole. 79 Gary Harris has the red-update-arrows as if 79 Doncic is better, but if I replace him with Doncic, the franchise ovr goes down by 1. I assume the positive Harris impact comes from activating more coach boost

I noticed this as well. I also figured it had something to do with hidden stats but I've never seen my OVR go down as a result of their upgrade suggestion. I agree it's probably prioritizing a team boost but you'd think it would be smart enough to know if your OVR is going up or down as a result.

In general, I'm totally baffled by EA's math on calculating OVR. Same issue last season. Sometimes a .4 rounds up but a .6 rounds down?! How hard can it be to just average the OVR numbers shown on the player's card and apply a simple rounding formula?!

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakito
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.