• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Next Gen & Elevate programs

betaman411

All-Star 1
I reckon level up the Elevate cards as much as possible now as the stamina demands of the tip off campaign on Tuesday mean that it?ll take a long time to level them after that. Also probably just do Next Gen for the first win elite token?

This is basically what I?ve been doing for a while now. Just leveled RB and Blake to 85 and I need 16 more golds for Next Gen. Hope to close that gap tomorrow since I won?t need to play Elevate.

I reckon level up the Elevate cards as much as possible now as the stamina demands of the tip off campaign on Tuesday mean that it?ll take a long time to level them after that. Also probably just do Next Gen for the first win elite token?

This is basically what I?ve been doing for a while now. Just leveled RB and Blake to 85 and I need 16 more golds for Next Gen. Hope to close that gap tomorrow since I won?t need to play Elevate.

Friggin awesome! That's a lot of grinding you've done! Easy grinding, but still a lot. My Blake is at 6900/8000 from 84 while Russ is at 3100/8000. I can't wait for Blake to get to like 7800 while Russ is still under 4000 and inevitably Russ beats Blake to 8000 lol. I'd for sure be pushing toward 85 if I knew last week Legend was required for top 500 rewards. Spent a nice chunk to stay top 400 thinking I'd get an elite lol. Still a newb, I am.

Did you grind showdown at all this week other than dailies? I've put just enough stamina to be on pace for legend (I really want another elite that I won't be able to sell lol). Hopefully I get lucky and get 3 elites instead of 2 as others did.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3

Friggin awesome! That's a lot of grinding you've done! Easy grinding, but still a lot. My Blake is at 6900/8000 from 84 while Russ is at 3100/8000. I can't wait for Blake to get to like 7800 while Russ is still under 4000 and inevitably Russ beats Blake to 8000 lol. I'd for sure be pushing toward 85 if I knew last week Legend was required for top 500 rewards. Spent a nice chunk to stay top 400 thinking I'd get an elite lol. Still a newb, I am.

Did you grind showdown at all this week other than dailies? I've put just enough stamina to be on pace for legend (I really want another elite that I won't be able to sell lol). Hopefully I get lucky and get 3 elites instead of 2 as others did.
Man I dont know how u guys have stamina for sd and elevate.. I'm also at similar levels (reaching 84) but have just barely grinded SD.. but could be got bored of seeing elites on the bench

betaman411

All-Star 1

I reached Legend the first three tourneys and then finally sobered up to the fact that the juice isn?t worth the squeeze. ;)

I?m currently at AS II with about 350k fans so no, I haven?t been grinding SD at all. Daily objectives and warmup for lvl.

Man I dont know how u guys have stamina for sd and elevate.. I'm also at similar levels (reaching 84) but have just barely grinded SD.. but could be got bored of seeing elites on the bench

It's been almost around the clock when I have the time, at least. I pretty much sacrificed Next Gen golds this week, though in exchange for SD stamina. It's helped that the fans have been much more efficient since I reached 81. Im sure you could pull legend off based on your previous rankings....the last two weeks SD has been much, much easier with less people playing.

I've only reached Legend one time, which was 2 weeks ago, so the appeal is still there for me, lol, even though, as Betaman pointed out, the rewards are kind of underwhelming.

The only other issue is I still enjoy the competition, even with all of the downsides in rewards/gameplay.

If I didn't play SD as much, I don't know if I'd be as interested in the game. The only thing left are the events, season mode and building a team/the AH and of course the two league matches.

Last year's reward system for Showdown was vastly better. I'm hoping they switch it back to two weeks and introduce a single card as the reward. I can't see why anyone wouldn't grind for an 80/81/82/83 at this stage. At the very least they need to start releasing 82 OVR Showdown cards.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
Ya I reached legend every week.. but the last 2 one week showdowns didnt appeal to me.. I enjoy showdown. But 100k fans a day and little extra grind on last 2 days usually is what I do so that I dont get bored.. 7 days is 200k per day which is a little more taxing.. plus the last day grind was fun bcz of the rewards.. now not so much..
@commond I guess at some point they will reverr to the old system of rewards unless this is the new system.. just like season 2 trying to figure out which direction this season is heading . Last year it was obvious early on that the weekly programs were gone and we just went from promo to promo whereas in season 1 we had weekly programs and only major promos.. think they're trying balance it out in season 3

Ya I reached legend every week.. but the last 2 one week showdowns didnt appeal to me.. I enjoy showdown. But 100k fans a day and little extra grind on last 2 days usually is what I do so that I dont get bored.. 7 days is 200k per day which is a little more taxing.. plus the last day grind was fun bcz of the rewards.. now not so much..
@commond I guess at some point they will reverr to the old system of rewards unless this is the new system.. just like season 2 trying to figure out which direction this season is heading . Last year it was obvious early on that the weekly programs were gone and we just went from promo to promo whereas in season 1 we had weekly programs and only major promos.. think they're trying balance it out in season 3

Oh yes, 100K a day is definitely nice. 200-220 a day can be rough lol. I just try to get ahead 100K by say day 3 or 4. So after day 4 I try to have 1M or so instead of 880. Leaves 500k spread by 3 days which is closer to the 2 week mode at 130k. Of course that means 240-250K each first 4 days :oops: :oops: :oops: I've seen users say they've done 700K+ fans in 2 days time...I think they were usually starting at the lower tiers with 3 days left, so easier opponents.

cire2245

Rookie 3
I hope they do something about the silver and gold token exchange. I almost complete with the elite token requirements for each but only halfway on klay and drummond and none on giannis. No problem if they require 10 or 15 silver for one gold at least you'll know your grinding is not a waste. At least in elite tokens you know you'll get there even though it takes time.

I hope they do something about the silver and gold token exchange. I almost complete with the elite token requirements for each but only halfway on klay and drummond and none on giannis. No problem if they require 10 or 15 silver for one gold at least you'll know your grinding is not a waste. At least in elite tokens you know you'll get there even though it takes time.

It will be interesting to see if they add a silver to gold set. I could see it if they wanted to make it easier for f2p to get all 3 players (I say f2p because many p2w players will burn through tons of stamina refills via NBA cash). With the Harden/Next Gen/Elevate you had to pretty much pick and choose which to go for, especially if you wanted to grind showdown. You pretty much have to just plow thru the stamina required for the golds, if you are mainly doing first wins only, you may have a bad time.

They may have planned it so worst case you at least get 1-2 players. 3 is obviously possible but requires a full focus of stamina that's required. The key is how long they give yo complete them. The elite sets will be complete for a lot of people this Sunday. Will they leave extra time for those that couldn't be up at 2 or 6 am?

Healer

Rookie 1

It will be interesting to see if they add a silver to gold set. I could see it if they wanted to make it easier for f2p to get all 3 players (I say f2p because many p2w players will burn through tons of stamina refills via NBA cash). With the Harden/Next Gen/Elevate you had to pretty much pick and choose which to go for, especially if you wanted to grind showdown. You pretty much have to just plow thru the stamina required for the golds, if you are mainly doing first wins only, you may have a bad time.

They may have planned it so worst case you at least get 1-2 players. 3 is obviously possible but requires a full focus of stamina that's required. The key is how long they give yo complete them. The elite sets will be complete for a lot of people this Sunday. Will they leave extra time for those that couldn't be up at 2 or 6 am?
I maxed russ/blake and got that 81 harden and finished all 3 next gen (except elite tokens ofc, will get them all next sunday/monday) so it's possible to get everything BUT I don't play SD cuz the rewards are so bad ..

I maxed russ/blake and got that 81 harden and finished all 3 next gen (except elite tokens ofc, will get them all next sunday/monday) so it's possible to get everything BUT I don't play SD cuz the rewards are so bad ..

Yes, it's definitely doable. Minimizing SD is key. I made the mistake of doing SD the past week and a half or so. The past week was intentional, I wanted to reach legend to get a couple of elites for the upcoming sets(and also rep, because I'm not looking to spend a ton of coins on these tip off tokens, but I'm sure I will anyways). . The mistake was really grinding to stay top 500 the week before last without knowing legend was required to get an elite, so that was a huge chunk that should have went to next gen/elev to finish 378 and not get a single elite (started the week grinding elevate and next gen and half way thru figured I'd make a run at top 400, ignorantly, because I was at like 700 on Wednesday).

I have only played the two objective SD matches and will probably keep it that way this week and it's such a relief not trying to grind for 220k + fans a day.

How hard would it be to make top 100 get an 83 fan, top 200 get 82-83fan, top 300 get an 81-82 fan 400 gets 81 fan and 500 gets an 81? Idk, getting an 81 vs an 80 isn't a huge improvement but it would make the rewards for people really grinding for top 300 much better.?

They already stated there will be no silver to gold set. Brian?s argument was that it was to keep users engaged.

I believe the current plan is to keep thit sets up for 4-6 weeks. I would be surprised if they took the sets down next week.

G2theMoney

Rookie 3
without much stress, and with no money spent, i have completed Elevate first, this morning collected all the next gen silver + golds (obviously elites 2 be completed sunday + monday)
and also this morning 81 harden
there is NO reason to have an exchange set, and have to agree with Brian, we had 2 wks to grind these out

ndbfjdn

Rookie 1
So i had to re-start my account due to a lost phone and i'm thinking if they cut the set off in a couple of weeks i've got no hope of completing any of them so might as well stop trying now?
Currently at this point:

Klay: need 9 golds and 11 elites
Andre: need 9 golds and 15 elites
Giannis: need 16 golds and 11 elites

G2theMoney

Rookie 3
my team mate is stocking his packs unopened up.
as we dont know when they will end @ this stage, suggest you do similar, then you will see if its worth opening or not

my team mate is stocking his packs unopened up.
as we dont know when they will end @ this stage, suggest you do similar, then you will see if its worth opening or not

He's stocking upopened next gen packs?

Edit: I got ya now, stocking up on unopened ones in the chance that they are eligible for the next batch of players and convert to the next players

without much stress, and with no money spent, i have completed Elevate first, this morning collected all the next gen silver + golds (obviously elites 2 be completed sunday + monday)
there is NO reason to have an exchange set, and have to agree with Brian, we had 2 wks to grind these out

I'm not complaining, but could they at least put a countdown on the sets for people that would like to choose whether or not they want to go for these players or not? Imagine starting the game a week ago, and not knowing exactly when the even ends, so you've been grinding golds thinking you had a chance since the sets give no indication when they will be changed.

ndbfjdn

Rookie 1

I'm not complaining, but could they at least put a countdown on the sets for people that would like to choose whether or not they want to go for these players or not? Imagine starting the game a week ago, and not knowing exactly when the even ends, so you've been grinding golds thinking you had a chance since the sets give no indication when they will be changed.
This is the exact position i'm in. I assumed these players would be a season long grind but EA are awful at passing out information on this stuff. You shouldn't have to follow a dev on twitter to figure out when a promo ends.
As it is i've got 300+ tokens that are worthless because i've got no chance of completing the sets no matter how much i play the events

G2theMoney

Rookie 3
there are 2 options, saving packs til the end:
1. to open on mass, when we know the promo is ending
2. saving for next sets
opt 2 is risky, but if you arent close to finishing, better the risk than nothing

the grind for elevate + next gen has been eaaaaaasy, the tokens will be used elsewhere at some stage

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakito
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.