• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Next Gen & Elevate programs

betaman411

All-Star 1
I'll probably play the first wins,

xp ratio is better than promo events, And maybe the collectibles have some use in future cards.

Worth it for the XP alone sometimes. I guess it's common for promos to give much less XP?? I feel like previous promos it was 100/10 stamina, but maybe I'm remembering incorrectly. I felt like maybe it was a Blitz specific thing where it's much less XP but Harden blitz gives 200 so idk.

Ya even I noted the lesser stamina in the promo events.. especially the 40 stamina tip off event has only 150 xp.. (ironically I find the 40 stamina ones easier than the 20 stamina ones)
@beta I found Westbrook easy to steal from but his manual gameplay is pretty nice.. still prefer 84 Simmons as he is much better at stealing and compared to the 80 is more reliable from 3.. what's ur early review of klay?
I stopped Blake and Westbrook at 84 as I got Isaiah and Ben..

Klay is a nice upgrade over 81 Harden. The OBD difference is noticeable as well as the 3pt improvement.

I think I may just give up on the re-roll even though I only need a PG or SG 84/85 to become an 83. I've decided to go for 85 Curry. Seems achievable with the relaxed requirements in SD but we will see - I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way!

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
Ok good to know.. finally played with him.. solid outing in the first 2 matches with klay..
Wonder if curry the only 85 player for the top 1000 or there are others...

Anyone else notice Klay will just abruptly stop to catch a pass sometimes? Like even if it's at half court. No other player does this, which makes it stick out so much

edlllpt

Pro 1
Klay is a nice upgrade over 81 Harden. The OBD difference is noticeable as well as the 3pt improvement.

Klay is better on defense, and the shown 3 percentage is better, but his 3 pointer in general is worse to me, as it's harder to get a good release.

In the halfcourt event I bricked 3 +9 with Klay. Harden gets it for me in the first attempt with an easy +20.

I'm starting Klay tho. Only switch for that event.

betaman411

All-Star 1

Klay is better on defense, and the shown 3 percentage is better, but his 3 pointer in general is worse to me, as it's harder to get a good release.

In the halfcourt event I bricked 3 +9 with Klay. Harden gets it for me in the first attempt with an easy +20.

I'm starting Klay tho. Only switch for that event.
I?ve had the exact opposite experience with 81 Harden vs Klay. I also like how Klay can move in smaller increments than harden which was a big issue it you over ran the shooting zone as often as I do trying to get to the front edge.

I've faced Simmons, Paul, 86 Thomas, and Westbrook tons of times in SD and the one I look forward to the least is without a doubt Westbrook. I have no problem keeping the other 3 in check, but more times than not, Westbrook will just do whatever he pleases lol

Edit: of course the very next game I play CP3 absolutely destroys me, lol. He's probably about even with Westbrook in terms of PGs I don't want to go against lol.

Finally got Westbrook and Griffin maxed on one account. Had a nice little run of Westbrook tokens to finish things off. 85 Westbrook is a beast, Much better for me than 84 Simmons.
What?s the rest of your team look like? I?ve had 85 RB for over a week and he can?t get off my bench! I find 80 base Curry to be much better offensively and just as good defensively. And for whatever reason, my AI gets destroyed with RB starting.

My current lineup:
5CUdbzX.png

My lineup has changed a couple of times in the past few days but it's basically the same as yours. My experience facing Westbrook is that he never stops attacking, especially in quarters where there's a lot of ball movement from the AI. I'm sure he gets picked off in quarters where the pg is standing and dribbling while the AI arses about trying to set up its halfcourt offense but that's the same with any pg you use. Westbrook drives a lot and his scoring with contact is insane (and fun to use on manual.) Scoring 2s may not seem like much but when the AI starts getting offensive rebounds and you go cold in the second half a quarter it puts a massive dent in your score.

Different strokes for different folks, though. I have struggled with SImmons and keep thinking about throwing Lillard back in so I understand where you're coming from. A lot of people dislike Klay as well but I wonder if it's because they're used to using Harden. I like how Klay's AI picks off passes in the passing lane. He's good for at least one AI steal a game.

Altavilla

Pro 1
When will these events expire?

I still want to get Drummond and to max Griffin, but my stamina is needed somewhere else, so I'm only doing "first times".
Should I hurry?

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
When will these events expire?

I still want to get Drummond and to max Griffin, but my stamina is needed somewhere else, so I'm only doing "first times".
Should I hurry?

Yes you should hurry as there is no better use for stamina on the days of the events you're referring to

MartyrX

Rookie 1
Anyone else notice Klay will just abruptly stop to catch a pass sometimes? Like even if it's at half court. No other player does this, which makes it stick out so much

Not specifically with Klay, but I have noticed this since s1 with pretty much all players. Instead of passing and catching in motion moving up the court, they will randomly come to a complete stop to catch, thereby ruining a fast break or general pace as you?re trying to move up the floor. Annoying, but I figured it was a general bug that never got fixed, not tied to any player though seems to happen more to SG, but that?s prob due to them being the person receiving a pass after the initial inbounds pass. You can sort of alleviate this if you don?t pass quickly, and let the pass receiver get into a full run then pass to him, but that?s more anecdotal than proven, and it still happens from time to time.

Not specifically with Klay, but I have noticed this since s1 with pretty much all players. Instead of passing and catching in motion moving up the court, they will randomly come to a complete stop to catch, thereby ruining a fast break or general pace as you?re trying to move up the floor. Annoying, but I figured it was a general bug that never got fixed, not tied to any player though seems to happen more to SG, but that?s prob due to them being the person receiving a pass after the initial inbounds pass. You can sort of alleviate this if you don?t pass quickly, and let the pass receiver get into a full run then pass to him, but that?s more anecdotal than proven, and it still happens from time to time.

Yeah, i started to notice other SGs do it, too. Idk it was just something about the way Klay did it that stuck out. Maybe i was eager to use him and he just hits the breaks in no mans land lol. I have had it happen much less by as you said not passing as quickly.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3

Yeah, i started to notice other SGs do it, too. Idk it was just something about the way Klay did it that stuck out. Maybe i was eager to use him and he just hits the breaks in no mans land lol. I have had it happen much less by as you said not passing as quickly.
Yup it's an old issue.. I think very few sgs slide into the 'spot'.. most stop short

Will there be more Next Gen?

Will Next Gen gold tokens be usable somewhere down the road?

There will be more. No one knows when except the good folks at EA. Have asked Brian a couple times and haven't gotten an exact or approximate date.

I gave up on Giannis a couple weeks ago thinking that they'd surely be switched by now and used all of his golds to get Klay and Drummond since I only had like 4 Giannis specific tokens, anyway. Do have 21 of his elites and since I have literally no other use of stamina today and tomorrow (no thanks on SD with no bonus, plus I will gladly break from a 14 day straight grind in SD) I've picked back up on grinding Next Gen for Giannis. Still need 8 of his Net Rating golds and they are much more rare than the other completed sets golds (surprise to no one at all that's seen Royalty Lebron, etc).

I even had 6 extra golds to put into the damned gold exchange and pulled a damned Drummond gold both times!

So i had to re-start my account due to a lost phone and i'm thinking if they cut the set off in a couple of weeks i've got no hope of completing any of them so might as well stop trying now?
Currently at this point:

Klay: need 9 golds and 11 elites
Andre: need 9 golds and 15 elites
Giannis: need 16 golds and 11 elites

Hey, not sure if you quicksold everything or not but looks like it's a great time to grind for at least one player since the main drain on stamina is SD currently (unless you're working for Harden, that is, but the next chapter will be here sooner than later and Brian has already said we won't need all 3 if he were to do a 4th set.

Domthebomb03

Rookie 1
I hope not for another 2 weeks because I need 7 more klay elite collectibles to get him would klay events go away, or would there be klay events still

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakito
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.