• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

NBALM 19 EARLY GAMEPLAY

Alekk

Rookie 2
I'll give my hot takes as well.
Positives:
There's a ton of content, fantastic.
The card art is the best it's ever been.
Menus, maps, overall interface looks pretty good.
Rep seems to be more useful this season.
Your legacy team is no longer completely useless \[T]/
A promo and the NBALM master from the start.
Campaigns look promising.
Pack odds are no longer a federal secret.

Negatives:
Only one lineup (hopefully the hinting of additional lineups comes true)
Based on just 2 minutes of gameplay I saw, I didn't see any new animations and all that extra stuff doesn't look very useful. Except maybe the indicator of who you're passing to, if that's what it was.
Cash has increased in price, I think?
Pro packs for cash only - sigh...
One lineup at launch, he tried to put a positive spin on it saying he thinks there will be more at season tip off. I wouldn?t hold your breath on that one, that would be a major addition

;-)
f59.gif

rrfb

Rookie 1
Watched all the tosh videos and I generally like what I saw. Unlike the S2 launch, at least this game looks functional. I like the campaign format, the rookie promo looks solid, and the card art is great. Only one lineup would be a huge disappointment though. I was hoping for more lineups than S2, so hopefully what he said about getting more in the future is true. I also wonder if training has been discontinued. Unless I missed it, that wasn't mentioned anywhere.

Overall, it doesn't seem all that different, which is a good thing imo. After the Madden Mobile release, I was worried they'd try to reinvent this game too.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
I haven't seen single mention from the GCs about the fact that the pro packs cost NBA cash now for good reason because they know it's complete bullshit so they aren't gonna mention negatives like that
Instead they are all excited or at least pretending to be. ILogicsHD in his 50 pro pack opening actually said that 199 cash for a pro pack isnt a bad deal lol (https://youtu.be/bpD5T8KtEpU)

People in my league are already contemplating quitting but I'll give it 2 months at least. If there is no improvements in gameplay then I'm going back to Madden. I mean how hard is it to add a new dunk animation!

And that is why I will never attempt to be a GC and would deny it if offered because they have no shame in lying to fellow players (I use this loosely for some of them as some hardly play) for some perks and some people actually listen to these jackasses and waste money on what they're promoting because they don't care about the repercussions from that staged promotion

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
I haven't seen single mention from the GCs about the fact that the pro packs cost NBA cash now for good reason because they know it's complete bullshit so they aren't gonna mention negatives like that

Probably the (best bad) solution they (EA) found to tackle the tactics around overpriced golds and endless listings of golds?

Also, it seems we have someone related to EA content in this thread.
Always looks good in case they're legit and watching our feedback, positive or negative.

A better solution would be to monitor the bot so that shit like selling golds for outrageous prices so people abusing the glitch can't end up with 104+ teams they leave it on autopilot and don't monitor it much like most of the game

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
Positives:

Negatives:
Based on just 2 minutes of gameplay I saw, I didn't see any new animations and all that extra stuff doesn't look very useful. Except maybe the indicator of who you're passing to, if that's what it was.
One lineup at launch, he tried to put a positive spin on it saying he thinks there will be more at season tip off. I wouldn?t hold your breath on that one, that would be a major addition

;-)
f59.gif

I like the trophy room, more use for your legacy lineup, campaigns, and the potential with the card art everything else is neutral at best but the pro packs and 1 lineup (as if now) have got to be the worst things hands down

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
The bad thing I see in the rookie promo is the specific jersey tokens to get the 80 elites. Those painful dupes...

Yep it has the potential to cost a lot of time and coins/cash to have a chance at getting KD because you have to do it 3 times with the 80s and it will be hard enough to get just 1 80

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
Also, it seems we have someone related to EA content in this thread.
Always looks good in case they're legit and watching our feedback, positive or negative.

EA Asros is a REAL EA account I made sure it was actually him before addressing it because I know in the past people have made fake EA related accounts to troll with

It sounds like you can only upgrade campaign masters this season. Embiid is only upgradable to an 82 OVR at this stage. I assume that will increase with each new campaign.

EA Asros

Rookie 1
Positives:

Negatives:

Hello, yes, i am real :)

Been a lurker for a while, figured today was the best time to start posting to help answer questions. Picked this one since it is the most comprehensive one.

Re: The Negatives
More lineups will be coming.
There has been a lot of under the hood tuning with gameplay to make it feel more fluid and better overall. Yes, there weren't any drastic changes with gameplay for launch, we're looking at some fun options now and deciding on what to add over the course of the season.
Cash price hasn't change, it will look different on different videos due to region currency value.

The elephant in the room is that pro packs are no nba cash only. This is true, but it is only part of the overall system. We have added "NBA Packs" that are 3500 coins that award 3 silver+ and 2 bronze+ players. These are meant to be the current go to packs for coins at launch, However, that doesn't mean that F2P don't have access to golds or elites.

There are trade in sets that will be available all season(and will be upgraded during the season to better reflect the OVR curve) that lets you trade in the following
15 bronze - 1 silver
15 silver - 1 low gold
15 low gold - 1 high gold
15 high gold - elite

You'll be getting all types of players from campaigns, dailies, showdown, lvl, etc. Those will all work in these sets, since players wont be needed for training anymore(there are only a few trainable players, and they use specific tokens). We realize this is a departure from last season and that there will be feedback around it. That is why i'm here reading it and bringing it back to the team to review and address.

Pretty soon you'll have the game to play through all of it to get a better sense of the overall structure and different changes in season 3. Thanks for the feedback and the support, cant wait to get you all in game!

It sounds like you can only upgrade campaign masters this season. Embiid is only upgradable to an 82 OVR at this stage. I assume that will increase with each new campaign.

Scratch that. 82 OVR is his max so he's not comparable to Master Westbrook or Master Harden as a NBALM Master.

First Showdown reward is some combination of 81 OVR Ray Allen, Ben Simmons, Patrick Ewing, Jimmy Butler and Steve Francis.

Cortes

Rookie 1
15 low gold to get 1 high gold? I guess no-one will ever try this set..

15 players between 70-74 for one 75-79 player (if I know EA it's 75 or 76 most of the times).. this is brutal. =0

rrfb

Rookie 1
Really nice to see EA taking the time to interact with the community again. The lack of communication last season was maddening.

Also glad to hear more lineups are coming, fingers crossed for more than two. I was never a huge fan of training so I don't mind seeing that go. I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on the new season.

edlllpt

Pro 1
players wont be needed for training anymore(there are only a few trainable players, and they use specific tokens). We realize this is a departure from last season and that there will be feedback around it. That is why i'm here reading it and bringing it back to the team to review and address.

interesting.

I didn't dislike training. That way, cards I liked stayed competitive for longer. But not exactly sad to see it go away.

Thanks for sharing these details

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief

15 players between 70-74 for one 75-79 player (if I know EA it's 75 or 76 most of the times).. this is brutal. =0

Yep and just through those packs and sets (assuming you can't pull golds form the packs or trade in sets) it's 3,769,500 for an elite I guess it's revenge for people selling low golds for 70k+ due to their errors and why they sell 750k coins for $100

AussieMJ

Rookie 1

Yep and just through those packs and sets (assuming you can't pull golds form the packs or trade in sets) it's 3,769,500 for an elite I guess it's revenge for people selling low golds for 70k+ due to their errors and why they sell 750k coins for $100

You're absolutely right, It's just absurd. We're not highly paid executives with wads of cash to throw around on a game that deletes everything you purchased in 12 months.

AussieMJ

Rookie 1

Been a lurker for a while, figured today was the best time to start posting to help answer questions. Picked this one since it is the most comprehensive one.

Welcome to the forum Brian, I hope you stay or at the very least continue to lurk. What you've provided already is more information than we've ever had from someone at EA, including when NBALIVE.GG was still open. There was mountains of feedback there especially at the season 2 launch, I'm sure you've read it.

I'd like to address the other 'elephant in the room' that didn't leave for the entire season 2. Players and specifically leagues that used a glitch in the code, or third party software to extend game time or increase scoring in LVL and SD. Why were they not banned from the game when this is specifically against the TOS? A lot of people left, we all lost good friends, but people were still doing it in SD right until the end of the season. There were literally dozens of threads 'outing' who was doing it, but they weren't banned.

Because we're here in the off season we're obviously diehard fans and mostly we love the game. This was really bad.

Neno

Rookie 1

Welcome to the forum Brian, I hope you stay or at the very least continue to lurk. What you've provided already is more information than we've ever had from someone at EA, including when NBALIVE.GG was still open. There was mountains of feedback there especially at the season 2 launch, I'm sure you've read it.

I'd like to address the other 'elephant in the room' that didn't leave for the entire season 2. Players and specifically leagues that used a glitch in the code, or third party software to extend game time or increase scoring in LVL and SD. Why were they not banned from the game when this is specifically against the TOS? A lot of people left, we all lost good friends, but people were still doing it in SD right until the end of the season. There were literally dozens of threads 'outing' who was doing it, but they weren't banned.

Because we're here in the off season we're obviously diehard fans and mostly we love the game. This was really bad.

Yeah. I agree with this. I think it was the biggest problem and most serious issue last season. Lack of content and sudden irrational changes are nothing compared to user exploation of game errors. That behaviour ruins the game completely.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.