• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Lunar New Year Promo (merged)

dub365

All-Star 1
Re: Lunar New Year promo

I ditched my Ghost Russell before prices dropped too far. I figured the Ghosts would hold their value for a while but prices on everything are tanking bc these masters are so easy to get. Saw a 94 Moses Malone for under 600k earlier. Jesus.

I noticed this too but unless you're in the OVR race, I don't see how any of these 95 players is better than any of the 94 Ghosts. For that matter, I'll likely finish 5 95's and put them ON MY BENCH. Until higher OVR players with abilities are released, I think this current market just represents a great buying opportunity for those that didn't get any ghosts. And if they increase the caps on the higher OVR players that will just sweeten the pot. Dumping your ghosts now is strictly dependent on your personal coin situation. If you have less than 10M then I get it.

Not sure why anyone would dump the ghost players. Remember Simmons last year? Having that buzzer beater was huge. Sexton and Russell could be the best players in the game until the 100+ players come out. Especially this if they don't add more players with BB.

Well, Simmons had wicked OP AI and he was tall & played well on manual. That's the real reason he was sought after. The BB was just icing on the cake. Also, BB was glitched for a long time & Simmons allowed ppl to take advantage of multiple BB.

Sexton & Russell are not at all what Simmons was in S2. If they were the best players until 100 OVR drop, don't you think that's all ppl would be talking about? Wouldn't their prices stay sky-high? I thought Russell was pretty good but he was hard to find in time for his BB and honestly, there are other players I'd rather use for center. So why not get rid of him and make coin? And word on the street is that there will be CNY Masters with abilities. So once I heard that knew i wouldn't regret it. I'm gonna roll into CNY with a 95 lineup and close to 10 mil. No regrets at all

betaman411

All-Star 1

I noticed this too but unless you're in the OVR race, I don't see how any of these 95 players is better than any of the 94 Ghosts. For that matter, I'll likely finish 5 95's and put them ON MY BENCH. Until higher OVR players with abilities are released, I think this current market just represents a great buying opportunity for those that didn't get any ghosts. And if they increase the caps on the higher OVR players that will just sweeten the pot. Dumping your ghosts now is strictly dependent on your personal coin situation. If you have less than 10M then I get it.

Not sure why anyone would dump the ghost players. Remember Simmons last year? Having that buzzer beater was huge. Sexton and Russell could be the best players in the game until the 100+ players come out. Especially this if they don't add more players with BB.

Well, Simmons had wicked OP AI and he was tall & played well on manual. That's the real reason he was sought after. The BB was just icing on the cake. Also, BB was glitched for a long time & Simmons allowed ppl to take advantage of multiple BB.

Sexton & Russell are not at all what Simmons was in S2. If they were the best players until 100 OVR drop, don't you think that's all ppl would be talking about? Wouldn't their prices stay sky-high? I thought Russell was pretty good but he was hard to find in time for his BB and honestly, there are other players I'd rather use for center. So why not get rid of him and make coin? And word on the street is that there will be CNY Masters with abilities. So once I heard that knew i wouldn't regret it. I'm gonna roll into CNY with a 95 lineup and close to 10 mil. No regrets at all
I tend to agree with dub. I dumped Russell and Lauri in anticipation of the CNY promo but I've made a couple posts in other threads about the possibility that the 94 ability cards might actually increase in value depending on a couple factors, mainly: 1) the new price caps on the 96/97 ability cards and 2) the grindability of the CNY promo ability players. For exaxmple, if the new caps go to 5M, how attractive do the 94's look with a cap of 3M? However, if the promo is grindable then you could see a flood of cards in the AH will lower the price. The fact that we have 2 promos with ability players before All-Star tells me that we'll likely have more promos with Plats with abilities so some may opt to cash in on the CNY promo as a result. Just something to think about before dumping all of your ghosts for less than 2M. I was lucky enough to get over 2.25M for two of mine and I've still got two (Sexton and AI).

dub365

All-Star 1

The only real problem ive had is when facing a whole lineup of ghosts. There's no reason to get rid of em if you like em. Also no reason to keep them merely bc they have abilities. More are coming and I'm sure they will be better than the ghosts. I'm guessing CNY will be heavily geared towards spenders so the ghosts might regain that lost value. But with the cap, unfortunately it won't result in anyone getting rich like S2 F&I masters

picklegoat

Rookie 2

I hear everyone above but right now in my auction house there are only 11 ghost players in my auction house. This will dry up even more if the LNY players aren't great or aren't as grindable. I would rather have 94 Sexton than Penny and Murray any day of the week. Sexton's AI isn't like Simmons last year but nobody was, that card was unfair. Penny, Fox and all the other 93+ cards suck so I imagine that will be one of the best for a while.

As for Russell, having a center who can hit buzzer beaters is so helpful it's unreal but since centers are in less helpful positions I agree it is less valuable especially for LvL. Still great for showdown though if you play that.

My choice is to keep Sexton for a long while but I will keep upgrading my overall at other positions for AI.

If the next promo has abilities I will wait to see what they are bc clutch and ITP are not nearly as valuable as BB.

This is all we know so far:

1. Lunar New Year Program will be released monday at Jan. 21; 6:00am Eastern Time

2. Deploy/update/maintenance is at 5:00am Eastern time to fix an issue with SD rewards

3. LNY Program will be playable ~1hr estimate after the deploy

4. There will be 3 masters, 9 players with bench boost. (Masters can be upgraded to have an ability). One 97 ovr player.

5. 97 comes from getting 3 96 masters and some other stuff

6. 96s are auctionable

7. F2P+Grind CAN get you one master

There will be 4 players per week.

Gamechangers previews tomorrow at noon EST

betaman411

All-Star 1

1. Lunar New Year Program will be released monday at Jan. 21; 6:00am Eastern Time

2. Deploy/update/maintenance is at 5:00am Eastern time to fix an issue with SD rewards

4. There will be 3 masters, 9 players with bench boost. (Masters can be upgraded to have an ability). One 97 ovr player.

6. 96s are auctionable

Will there be tokens to get golds and golds to elites etc. like the current promo? I saw a post from Brian that said "both and neither". WTF does that mean? If I can't make coins off this promo then it sounds like a snoozer for 3 weeks to get 1 Master (for an F2P).

6. 96s are auctionable

Will there be tokens to get golds and golds to elites etc. like the current promo? I saw a post from Brian that said "both and neither". WTF does that mean? If I can't make coins off this promo then it sounds like a snoozer for 3 weeks to get 1 Master (for an F2P).

By 1 master I think this means 1 of the 3 ability masters. You could probably get some of those normal 96 ovr players as f2p also.

benkangquan

Rookie 1

6. 96s are auctionable

By 1 master I think this means 1 of the 3 ability masters. You could probably get some of those normal 96 ovr players as f2p also.

When they are upgraded, they become unauctionable ?

kirid96

Rookie 1

6. 96s are auctionable

I'm guessing it means tokens to players etc. but those players will not be auctionable during the promo

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
Lunar New Year Campaign

Week 1 :

96 masters - cousins; duncan; lillard; cp3. Cousins has decent stats.

Looks like the cousins is the grindable component.

Golds and elite players i think are unauctionable.

Damn, this promo is really extensive.

Tokens are all the same for all masters, so if you dont want week 1 masters, save all for the next 2 weeks.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
Re: Lunar new year

Attachments

• 20190120_001135.jpg
    20190120_001135.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 1,997
  • 20190120_001111.jpg
    20190120_001111.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 1,987
  • 20190120_001256.jpg
    20190120_001256.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 1,979

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
Re: Lunar new year

Attachments

• 20190120_001111.jpg
    20190120_001111.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 1,980
  • 20190120_001035.jpg
    20190120_001035.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 1,984
  • 20190120_001016.jpg
    20190120_001016.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 1,987

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.