• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Is 87 ovr Anthony Davis Grindable?

Stryker377

Rookie 1
I didn?t know if the master key was only available through the store or if its attainable like every other key when we complete the set. Thanks

Gareth64

Rookie 1
Yes, after completing each of the 4 heros you can get the key for that hero. 4 keys + 5 more elites gets you AD...

Given the time limit I don't think it's grindable unless you saved a ton of rep beforehand. I bet most of us used most of our rep on tip off packs., I know I did so this doesn't look grindable at least for me.

MartyrX

Rookie 1
At first glance doesn?t look grindable for 87 AD, and he?s the only one I?m interested in. Even if it doable after a long hard grind with heavy investment like 86 IT is, I don?t know if I?m up for it since there was no chance for resource replenishment with concurrent promo events. Between tip-off heroes and next gen cards, I don?t need any of the 3 Halloween elites offered except to boost my bench rating.

Stryker377

Rookie 1
I believe the 2 day 12 hr timer is when the Latrell Sprewell room unlocks right? It looks to me each halloween hero is grindable. For Kawhi, I think if you get the five elites, the 25 spellbooks and the 10 relics you receive Kawhi and the defensive nightmare key. I think the things in the store are just available to buy to speed the progress towards getting 87 ovr AD.

You have until Nov 2, but you will need to do the elite exchange set for sure.

Remember that when the next room opens in 2,5 days, the Kawhi room will still open.

rrfb

Rookie 1
Do we know how long this promo lasts? And does the next room open for everyone automatically in 2 days, or only those who have completed the Kawhi set?

To get AD you'll need 20 halloween elite cards, so I'm going to say no, he is not grindable.

edlllpt

Pro 1
Don't you have to pay to get the keys tho? I mean can you complete the Kawhi event without spending money? I don't think you can

Completing the Kawhi set will give you access to the event where you get the key.

No need for money involved.

Only money lock is for an event with better reward than the basic one we have refreshing each 8h.

With that said, to answer the original post -

coins, rep or stocked elites, you'll need to spend at least one of these to get AD.

i guess we don't for sure know how long the promo will be up, but halloween-events-only won't get you there as I think you'll need at least 1 elite per day

You need to grind it through Showdown.

The easiest way to do it is to build Kawhi, sell him and then use the coins to build Sprewell. I got Kawhi last night using my saved NBA cash. I'm going the no-cash route on my main account to see how far I can get.

MartyrX

Rookie 1
Here?s how the math breaks down if you were to grind every piece of the sets as f2p. Spoiler, it?s very depressing

1 gold = 10 SB, 2 R
1 elite =(25 x 1 gold) + 5 rel = 250 SB + 50 R + 5R
Kawhi = (5 x 1 elite) + 25 SB + 10 R = 1250 SB + 275 R + 25 SB + 10 R
Grand total = 1275 books + 285 relics

Grinding the free event for books costs 20 stam, for a whopping 25500 stam. 10 relics cost 5k gold in store, totaling 142500 gold. And this is JUST for kawhi. if the other sets are the same, you?d have to do this 3 more times plus 5 more elites, and not sure what?s required in the 4th AD campaign

BIG caveat, no one is grinding the whole thing. Exchange sets, bonus packs, first win rewards, campaign rewards, they all contribute to your total. But the moral of the story is, it?s gonna be a long grind on this one.

Please check my maths, I hope I?m wrong.

MartyrX

Rookie 1
The easiest way to do it is to build Kawhi, sell him and then use the coins to build Sprewell.

In light of the numbers, I think this is by far the best route for any f2p. Big IF tho is if you?re able to sell your kawhi. I haven?t had any luck selling any of my 82-83 tip-off heroes at different price levels.

MagicFans

Rookie 1
Here?s how the math breaks down if you were to grind every piece of the sets as f2p. Spoiler, it?s very depressing

1 gold = 10 SB, 2 R
1 elite =(25 x 1 gold) + 5 rel = 250 SB + 50 R + 5R
Kawhi = (5 x 1 elite) + 25 SB + 10 R = 1250 SB + 275 R + 25 SB + 10 R
Grand total = 1275 books + 285 relics

Grinding the free event for books costs 20 stam, for a whopping 25500 stam. 10 relics cost 5k gold in store, totaling 142500 gold. And this is JUST for kawhi. if the other sets are the same, you?d have to do this 3 more times plus 5 more elites, and not sure what?s required in the 4th AD campaign

BIG caveat, no one is grinding the whole thing. Exchange sets, bonus packs, first win rewards, campaign rewards, they all contribute to your total. But the moral of the story is, it?s gonna be a long grind on this one.

Please check my maths, I hope I?m wrong.

Thx for the breakdown
I'll pass on this one, not in a rush in replacing the 86 Wilt

cire2245

Rookie 3
If you are patient enough, instead of going to 25 gold exchange, use your holloween golds in 15x elite trade up, then use the base elite in elite exchange for holloween elite. If you still have other extra elites plus reps and coins, i think that david is possible. My worry though is it looks like it is harder to earn coin on this one than the previous tipoff and you might use all your resources getting that davis and might left you nothing for the next promo since elites are very hard or not selling at all.

MartyrX

Rookie 1
If you are patient enough, instead of going to 25 gold exchange, use your holloween golds in 15x elite trade up, then use the base elite in elite exchange for holloween elite.

That?s a great point, doing the other exchange set for 10 less gold players. the 12 hr wait does suck, but if you started today,you should have 5 elites (2.5 days for all trade ins) by the time the second room opens. Combine this with commondjapan?s plan to sell 84 kawhi to help obtain the next one, and so on, it now sounds like Davis is obtainable. If there?s no change in sets along the way AND you can manage to sell your players on the AH. Hope all 3 Have the same set requirements

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.