• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Campaign/Live events difficulty

ambient

Rookie 1
I just wasted 200 stamina trying to get through some of the Offseason events. The team events are just... i dunno, I don't mind a challenge, but it feels like the deck is far too stacked.

They fix your team with mostly shitty loaned players.
The opppsing team will always get 90% of the offensive rebounds.
You'll start down a good bit.
No matter what, opponent is way bettet at steals.
And on top, of it EA moved the stupid action buttons and made them a lot less responsive, so drive + dunk and attempted block is highly unreliable.

I've made progress, but very slowly. I get it, they want me to buy more to make up for it.

Instead, after 2+ years of game play, I'm close as ever to just hanging it up. I've been doing this for a long time. Maybe a break would be good.

Am I the only one that thinks the LeBron Blitzs should be reversed? The drills in Hard are extra easy, but easy blitz wants you to score TWO baskets in 83 seconds with the other team starting with the ball. It just seems like a lot more can go wrong in the 5v5 drill, making it harder in my opinion. AI decides to take their sweet time since they're up? Makes it harder. We all know that steals have been at least cut in half this season, as well. AI gets an offensive rebound, which let's be honest, if more likely to happen than not, you're screwed.

So many variables, where as the hard blitz is pretty much will you screw up and step in the hot spot.

Hard blitz, right now, favors users that have the ability to constantly refill stamina. It's the easier event, but costs 40.

Another thing, it seemed to be pretty consistent that for every 10 stamina an event costs, you get 100 XP. That's clearly not the case in these Blitzs, but has been the case with all the other Blitz this season.

I haven't unlocked Shaq, so I have no idea if it's the same setup.

Cortes

Rookie 1
I just wasted 200 stamina trying to get through some of the Offseason events. The team events are just... i dunno, I don't mind a challenge, but it feels like the deck is far too stacked.

They fix your team with mostly shitty loaned players.
And on top, of it EA moved the stupid action buttons and made them a lot less responsive, so drive + dunk and attempted block is highly unreliable.

I've made progress, but very slowly. I get it, they want me to buy more to make up for it.

Instead, after 2+ years of game play, I'm close as ever to just hanging it up. I've been doing this for a long time. Maybe a break would be good.
I agree.. events are unfair, your shooting and defense is nerfed so badly (especially defense/rebounding), AI is shooting like crazy and gets most of rebounds and at the end you get sh***y rewards for such a difficult event, not even crappy gold program player in the final 50-stamina event, just 5 silvers.. full 4/4 event cost at least 140(20+30+40+50) stamina but if you are new to the game you probably never finish this event (took me 2 tries to finish today's 50-event, only 2 cuz I was super lucky with steal in their final play and scored with dunk, that was just fluke).

I'm not shocked you think about hanging it up, I'm close to do at least the same as I did in S2 when I stopped play for 2 months and I was just reading forums. I was back when F&I promo started and probably played the game only cuz I had super pack luck in F&I promo and then in roy.LeBron event.. had some hopes for S3 but we all see what EA is doing with this game..

What they did with gameplay/in-game graphics from 2nd half of S1? It was nothing but 2 years of tweaking current game to find what works the best for them, how to set up nerfing for most important events, H2H (now SD) and leagues. This is what they "changed" in gameplay since 2 years, just tweaked old game to force us to spend as much as possible.. sad but true.

Tcjsmashers

Rookie 1
I will not surprised if one day they give us event that require only half court shots, down by 10 against all platinum line ups loaning us silver players (they should allow us to use our own lineup instead of giving us poor players) and need to win by 10 with only 30 seconds left.

Lmaoooo that's hilarious. Down 10, win by 10, 30 seconds left hahaha. You're not far off...I was surprised I passed the one where a layup/dunk is needed to be made by the bronze player Holmes who's guarded by master steroid Embiid :oops: :oops: :twisted: :twisted:

I find the Win +5 event quite stupid (even if the AI wasnt completely rigged). It makes me wonder if it was supposed to be down 3, win by 2 (requiring a +5 swing) and someone screwed that up. Otherwise EA is showing they either don't understand basketball, or they don't care if this game reflects basketball anymore.

I will not surprised if one day they give us event that require only half court shots, down by 10 against all platinum line ups loaning us silver players (they should allow us to use our own lineup instead of giving us poor players) and need to win by 10 with only 30 seconds left.

Lmaoooo that's hilarious. Down 10, win by 10, 30 seconds left hahaha. You're not far off...I was surprised I passed the one where a layup/dunk is needed to be made by the bronze player Holmes who's guarded by master steroid Embiid :oops: :oops: :twisted: :twisted:

I find the Win +5 event quite stupid (even if the AI wasnt completely rigged). It makes me wonder if it was supposed to be down 3, win by 2 (requiring a +5 swing) and someone screwed that up. Otherwise EA is showing they either don't understand basketball, or they don't care if this game reflects basketball anymore.
Ba$ketball $eason

Alekk

Rookie 2

This is true no matter what team you have unfortunately.

ROFL the free throw event!!!! That's hilarious lmao. I could see someone picking that up on TV somehow, it's so damned realistic

Edit, what the actual heck???!!!! perfect release and he still bricks it lmfaooo. It's absurd but it's the silliest thing i've seen in this game lmao.

Final Boss: Make a Free Throw with Shaq!!

Made 5 Shaq events at first try. The free throws one is the hardest.

Missed the first 2 & made the next 3. This is like real life, Shaq making the lucky shoots & not the perfect releases LMAO

I wonder if they actually test these events? They must, right? I dont want to assume they do, but surely they must.
My next question is do they actually test them after they boost each player to having elite stats? Lou Williams, 84 3pointer after the boosts. That's just one example.

Do they test the event preboost and say, ok that works, and add the boosts and send the events as is?

Dont get me started on the 2 star difficulty, that's just a placeholder. 120 stamina spent so far on this Lakers-3. First two, Galinari was an ace defender and even Lebron couldn't get past him lol. Lebron would destroy Galinari in real life, but this is boosted Gallo.

I wonder if they actually test these events? They must, right? I dont want to assume they do, but surely they must.
My next question is do they actually test them after they boost each player to having elite stats? Lou Williams, 84 3pointer after the boosts. That's just one example.

Do they test the event preboost and say, ok that works, and add the boosts and send the events as is?

Dont get me started on the 2 star difficulty, that's just a placeholder. 120 stamina spent so far on this Lakers-3. First two, Galinari was an ace defender and even Lebron couldn't get past him lol. Lebron would destroy Galinari in real life, but this is boosted Gallo.
Lol i just posted about that event. You dont need the dunks. Just win. I won with 1 dunk.

Took 160 to get the Lakers 3 event finished, lucky for me I leveled up recently. took an extra 50, so 100 total on Laker 4. Then, I do the 5th event, the one for "all the marbles" that costs 100 stamina, and it was the easiest of all 5 subevents!!! I'll be honest, if I knew the completion pack was just gonna be 2 masters and that completion token i may have just not done it. Was hoping for more silver, or a couple golds at least.

Lol i just posted about that event. You dont need the dunks. Just win. I won with 1 dunk.

Yeah, i saw that before my last attempt. Almost as if the game realized I had already spent 120 stamina, the paint finally opened up. Gortat hit a 3 though, so they didn't want to make it too easy. I dribbled it out up 1 to win it lol. They trapped little Rondo in a previous one and tipped the pass , stole the ball and beat me at the buzzer!

Took 160 to get the Lakers 3 event finished, lucky for me I leveled up recently. took an extra 50, so 100 total on Laker 4. Then, I do the 5th event, the one for "all the marbles" that costs 100 stamina, and it was the easiest of all 5 subevents!!! I'll be honest, if I knew the completion pack was just gonna be 2 masters and that completion token i may have just not done it. Was hoping for more silver, or a couple golds at least.

What do you mean by masters? Don't tell me you get the gold version of Shaq and Lebron again?

What do you mean by masters? Don't tell me you get the gold version of Shaq and Lebron again?

just a pair of master tokens and the map completion token, all of which are not needed if you dont plan to go for the 83-85 versions

ndbfjdn

Rookie 1
just a pair of master tokens and the map completion token, all of which are not needed if you dont plan to go for the 83-85 versions

Oh man am i glad i read this, i'll be leaving the last 5 events unchecked in that case as i'm not aiming for any more sets in that campaign.

edlllpt

Pro 1
You should get an 81 elite for completing the entire campaign.

but only I got three collectibles as well. completion token and one of each player.

edit - Regarding events difficulty, my only issue was again in the defensive one as the SF - Lebron and previously Kawhi defending the guy with the ball when I already have a defender there are messing it up. Tried with switch button on, but then my PG didn't want to leave the guy with the ball either, and this way I can't win. Somehow they're missing the shot in the second attempts in the event so I didn't burn too much stamina. but something's tricky here.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
You should get an 81 elite for completing the entire campaign.

but only I got three collectibles as well. completion token and one of each player.

edit - Regarding events difficulty, my only issue was again in the defensive one as the SF - Lebron and previously Kawhi defending the guy with the ball when I already have a defender there are messing it up. Tried with switch button on, but then my PG didn't want to leave the guy with the ball either, and this way I can't win. Somehow they're missing the shot in the second attempts in the event so I didn't burn too much stamina. but something's tricky here.
Ya been noticing it in the 5v5 series.. AI usually doesnt miss .. I usually miss the first shot and the shot at abt .30s left in the game.. and the defence is all over the place (full court press like last year defensive coaches)

betaman411

All-Star 1
I played the first four so far and only had to repeat the 3rd event once. The 4th was crazy easy as Simmons just dribbled up the court with Rondo pressuring him and then fired up a last min shot beyond the arc that bricked. I fully expected it to go in even though it was the quick release animation you get with no time left. Looks like I'll do the 100 event just for the 1000 XP and 2900 coins.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.