• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Campaign/Live events difficulty

rrfb

Rookie 1
These events with the beefed up AI really showcase just how bad the gameplay is. There should be a more reasonable and/or realistic way to make events more difficult.

I must have gotten lucky cause I haven't had too much trouble with this campaign so far. The Raptors defensive event took me three or four tries but that's pretty much it. I've just been chucking threes with the best loaned player (Kawhi, Nash) and it usually seems to work out.

aramwot

Rookie 3
Staff member
Founder
I'm enjoying the difficulty.. only thing I don't enjoy is the half court shot event..

kirid96

Rookie 1
I appreciate the increased difficulty makes for a more challenging game but the AI was downright ridiculous against me nailing everything open, contested, fadeaway you name it on the difficult Suns and Raptors events.

The half court event has been much more acceptable to me vs the end of S2.

With crazy A.I, no force closing and with the prevalence of dupes, Royalty events will be such a pain this season!

I didn't start S2 until late and I finally got the damned Lebron with like 5 days left in the season. I am still amazed at all that grinding for a player that was available to use for 5 days lmao.

With regard to FC, dupes and crazy AI, one of these has to give. Hopefully they just relax the AI since the dupes thing is probably gonna always be that way. Or, maybe they could only make the first attempt cost stamina? Then they'd probably have to make it where you can only get one token until the event refreshes in a few hours

Altavilla

Pro 1
This game is too focused on competitive play.

I am not a competitive player. I started to play this in Mar/18. I didn?t care much for SD (H2H) at first and kept it at a bare minimum. Once my gameplay and lineups improved I started investing a bit on SD (around Jun/18 maybe) and, by Jul-Aug I would go for legendary rank and stoped there. I would get to 900-1500 rank but even so I would stop playing SD, not caring for the grind necessary to finish in the top1000. This season my choice was made easier with the prizes being awarded to the top500 (top100 in the beginning): I only play SD to meet daily objectives (2 wins).

This season the competiveness reached new heights. At this point I?m thinking I won?t even complete the Offseason Movers events. I?m still stuck at the Suns Movers 3rd event, which I haven?t tried after those 6 failed tries: it stresses me just thinking about that ******* event (I now officially hate Steve Nash) and it?s a waste of stamina.
On top of this, the only event that doesn?t require stamina (Stamina Boost) is now a mere 3pt shooting pratice.

I still got excited with the new promos and players that came out, but I?m not looking forward to the next promo, since in the current one I spent 4,4 euros (and 200 cash I think) only to find out that I can?t even get past ******* Nash.
I started to think that maybe I can keep playing non-competitively, with a lower ovr team (I?m currently at 79), but there?s too little in this game for non-competitive players.
Right now the stuff that still motivates me are (in this order):
1) a friend I made at this game who I really enjoy discussing with (mainly about the game) on an almost daily basis.
2) my league, which is a fun and mixed group of people that I don?t want to let down.
3) this forum, which makes for interesting discussions with interesting people from across the globe.

Let?s see how this evolves for me, but right now it?s looking like I?ll have to find different entertainement options soon.

I?ve completed all of the live events on two different accounts. I would much rather have difficult live event challenges than regular drills. The next stage is locked for 24 hours so stamina isn?t a huge issue unless you?re grinding Showdown (in which case I would be casually grinding the promo anyway.)

Some of the events are difficult and some of them you can finish on the first try. I like the challenge of figuring out how to beat the AI. The Holmes one gave me a bit of strife on my main account but on my alt I gave him the ball in the paint and did a post up on Embiid. From there, I could play out the quarter like a regular live event.

The design team are clearly putting some thought into these campaigns and not rolling the same old drills from Season 1. I think they deserve some credit for their work on the campaign live events.

This game is too focused on competitive play.

I am not a competitive player. I started to play this in Mar/18. I didn?t care much for SD (H2H) at first and kept it at a bare minimum. Once my gameplay and lineups improved I started investing a bit on SD (around Jun/18 maybe) and, by Jul-Aug I would go for legendary rank and stoped there. I would get to 900-1500 rank but even so I would stop playing SD, not caring for the grind necessary to finish in the top1000. This season my choice was made easier with the prizes being awarded to the top500 (top100 in the beginning): I only play SD to meet daily objectives (2 wins).

This season the competiveness reached new heights. At this point I?m thinking I won?t even complete the Offseason Movers events. I?m still stuck at the Suns Movers 3rd event, which I haven?t tried after those 6 failed tries: it stresses me just thinking about that ******* event (I now officially hate Steve Nash) and it?s a waste of stamina.
On top of this, the only event that doesn?t require stamina (Stamina Boost) is now a mere 3pt shooting pratice.

I still got excited with the new promos and players that came out, but I?m not looking forward to the next promo, since in the current one I spent 4,4 euros (and 200 cash I think) only to find out that I can?t even get past ******* Nash.
I started to think that maybe I can keep playing non-competitively, with a lower ovr team (I?m currently at 79), but there?s too little in this game for non-competitive players.
Right now the stuff that still motivates me are (in this order):
1) a friend I made at this game who I really enjoy discussing with (mainly about the game) on an almost daily basis.
2) my league, which is a fun and mixed group of people that I don?t want to let down.
3) this forum, which makes for interesting discussions with interesting people from across the globe.

Let?s see how this evolves for me, but right now it?s looking like I?ll have to find different entertainement options soon.

Hey. I totally understand where you're coming from (I feel like I've said this a lot about your posts) because I have been there.

Some events definitely SUCK and the way EA set them up is part of the reason why ( sometimes they loan you an Elite to go with your regular lineup for an event, which isn't so bad. Other times they loan you an elite or two and the rest of the lineup is silver player).

When it comes to the events that loan a player, the key is to use the heck out of that loaned player like no tomorrow lol. The loaned player is usually an elite (in this case just Nash and Marion).

So, now that you have seemed to taken quite a step away from that even, I'd try it again but focus on using Nash (I dont rememember if there's an assist requirement or the specifics of that particular one).

Same situation with the Raptors one that just unlocked today, use the heck out of the elite loaned player (Kawhi in this case) The last live event still has 3 days til it unlocks so it's not like you're "far behind".

I think you will be able to get that Suns event next time you try, at least the 3rd part. The 4th one is tricky because you have to get a layup/dunk with a player that doesn't have a good rating for dunking, or anything really lol, which is where the challenge lies. I went into that one planning to bomb 3's with Nash to get the lead and just trying to find Holmes cutting and give him a pass for a dunk or layup. Embiid is a beast at defense so it gets tricky.

Once you get past Holmes, the Magic even will be the easiest you've ever seen in comparison (all drills). Hope this helps.

Altavilla

Pro 1
I?ve completed all of the live events on two different accounts. I would much rather have difficult live event challenges than regular drills. The next stage is locked for 24 hours so stamina isn?t a huge issue unless you?re grinding Showdown (in which case I would be casually grinding the promo anyway.)

Some of the events are difficult and some of them you can finish on the first try. I like the challenge of figuring out how to beat the AI. The Holmes one gave me a bit of strife on my main account but on my alt I gave him the ball in the paint and did a post up on Embiid. From there, I could play out the quarter like a regular live event.

The design team are clearly putting some thought into these campaigns and not rolling the same old drills from Season 1. I think they deserve some credit for their work on the campaign live events.

I get your point.
I just don't see why this game only gets to cater to more competitive players like you, searching for a harder difficulty gameplay, and shits on less competitive players like me, looking for a more relaxed play.
You already have a lot a gameplay for better players looking for a challenge, like SD and LvL. You used to have easier modes for a more relaxed/casual play. This game used to fit you and me both. Now it only fits you. And I don't see how your game experience OR EA's earnings would improve by kicking out players like me.

You don?t need to ignore the silvers. Just play the live event the way you normally would. If your entire strategy is jacking up threes with the elite, he?s not going to make all of them. Blocks, steals and transition baskets is the easiest way to clear each event.

As I said above, it?s easier to get a layup with Holmes by posting Embiid up than trying to barge your way into the paint.

I get your point.
I just don't see why this game only gets to cater to more competitive players like you, searching for a harder difficulty gameplay, and shits on less competitive players like me, looking for a more relaxed play.
You already have a lot a gameplay for better players looking for a challenge, like SD and LvL. You used to have easier modes for a more relaxed/casual play. This game used to fit you and me both. Now it only fits you. And I don't see how your game experience OR EA's earnings would improve by kicking out players like me.

What is your goal for the promo? Are you trying to upgrade LeBron or Shaq to an 85? Do you want a chance at pulling the 82s? Do you just want an 81?

You don?t actually get that much from completing the campaign. You could stop at the stage you?re up to and just concentrate on the blitz events.

You need to complete the campaign if you want the 85. Otherwise you can stop.

One more thing: if the consensus is that the live events are too difficult then EA will change them. That?s something we weren?t guaranteed in the past two seasons

Typed all that and the Warrior events were drills.

looks like it alternates to give us a "recovery time" lol. you were ready for a 5v5 battle :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

+1 on stating that you dont need to complete the campaign if your goal isn't to get the 85 players. The same stamina spent on events can be spent on those blitz and you end up with the same amount of players. The downside is the first win coins from the live events add up.

You don?t need to ignore the silvers. Just play the live event the way you normally would. If your entire strategy is jacking up threes with the elite, he?s not going to make all of them. Blocks, steals and transition baskets is the easiest way to clear each event.

As I said above, it?s easier to get a layup with Holmes by posting Embiid up than trying to barge your way into the paint.

Maybe I was lucky, but with Nash and Kawhi combined I think I maybe missed 3 of them out of the entire event, and I shot at least 15 with them both, combined

Edit : Nash's 3 pt was like 83 and Kawhi was 81, it's right in front of me so I had to take advantage of it. Those are some of the highest in the game right now (friggin Marc Gasol 87)

Altavilla

Pro 1
Hey. I totally understand where you're coming from (I feel like I've said this a lot about your posts) because I have been there.

Some events definitely SUCK and the way EA set them up is part of the reason why ( sometimes they loan you an Elite to go with your regular lineup for an event, which isn't so bad. Other times they loan you an elite or two and the rest of the lineup is silver player).

When it comes to the events that loan a player, the key is to use the heck out of that loaned player like no tomorrow lol. The loaned player is usually an elite (in this case just Nash and Marion).

So, now that you have seemed to taken quite a step away from that even, I'd try it again but focus on using Nash (I dont rememember if there's an assist requirement or the specifics of that particular one).

Same situation with the Raptors one that just unlocked today, use the heck out of the elite loaned player (Kawhi in this case) The last live event still has 3 days til it unlocks so it's not like you're "far behind".

I think you will be able to get that Suns event next time you try, at least the 3rd part. The 4th one is tricky because you have to get a layup/dunk with a player that doesn't have a good rating for dunking, or anything really lol, which is where the challenge lies. I went into that one planning to bomb 3's with Nash to get the lead and just trying to find Holmes cutting and give him a pass for a dunk or layup. Embiid is a beast at defense so it gets tricky.

Once you get past Holmes, the Magic even will be the easiest you've ever seen in comparison (all drills). Hope this helps.

I really appreciate your empathy and effort to help, but I'm not picking up Nash again until I hear the event is easier.

What you're describing is pretty much what I did. And I also like the concept of the loaned Elite(s). But I don't like loosing my 6th try because of a half-court shot from CP3, with 1,2 seconds to go. I felt like punching something. And I'm a 46 yo happily married guy with kids, so I really don't get anything positive out of feeling like punching stuff.
And even if some of the next events are easy, I hear some are even harder. Really? Common!! If I get past Nash I'll find even more frustration ahead? Not for me, thanks.

The thing is, this got me to pause a bit and reflect about this game. With a lot of the fun gone and the frustration mounting, I don't see me playing this for much longer.
I've already requested my league to leave me out of the rotation until further notice. I'll start playing some Legacy and Season which will likely bring some of the fun back, but given the way those play modes are treated I'll probably get bored soon.

The joy of opening packs is gone. How many times can anyone get excited about getting 75 Danny Green and Lance Stephenson?!

I've wasted real life resources on a 76 LBJ and Shaq. I assumed that I'd be able to complete the events, since I've been able to do for the last 5 months or so. I feel ripped off. I won't be using any real life money anytime soon.

Let's see where this leads, now that I'm down to Season play, Legacy play, Objectives and the Lakers Blitzes. Maybe it starts being fun again.

One positive thing about stopping playing competitively, I don't have to play with a Simmons PG now! :lol: :lol: :lol:
(I've grown a bit dependent on Simmons particularities in this game hehe)

Altavilla

Pro 1
What is your goal for the promo? Are you trying to upgrade LeBron or Shaq to an 85? Do you want a chance at pulling the 82s? Do you just want an 81?

You don?t actually get that much from completing the campaign. You could stop at the stage you?re up to and just concentrate on the blitz events.

You need to complete the campaign if you want the 85. Otherwise you can stop.

Yeah, I'd already decided to do that.
Good to hear that I didn't waste 4,4 euros to get a 76 ovr LBJ and Shaq.

I'm taking a step back and try to have fun with the game again. If it doesn't work there are plenty other entertainment options.
I'm back to being a no-money-spent player.

Thanks for the help. Cheers.
(And keep posting those news: if not me, everyone else will like them :D )

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakito
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.