• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Arena Battle Ground.

FlyinFrog

Rookie 1
nah. I'm good playing with moderation. And I'm yet to forfeit a match on purpose.

There were often games with the message 'we are having trouble continuing this game' in the first PVP days, but even that is thankfully gone now. And a bug of some conflict with sold items that would point to 'no wins or defeats will be counted' was also somewhat fixed as the message still pops up, but the game result now counts properly..

Also, isn't pvp matchmaking tailored to your region? ex Europeans will match Europeans - US players will match with other North American and so on?

Your question is what confuses me too.. how the matchmaking work. For example, I'm in Australia and once i played with someone who named itself 'NZ***' so I knew it should be from New zealand.

However, this is where it gets interesting, when you play real tine PvP game online... you will have stable PING rate depends on the server and where we are. For example; when we play Fortnite and PUBG, here in Australia, we got 140-160ms but somehow smooth enough when we are connected with ASIA server. When we moved to North America it will be 280-340ms and it will always be around that range. Never moved, it's like the ping rate completely based on our distance to the server. When we play PUBG in SE Asia with Asia server, PING will be around 24-60ms, never moved. These ping rate only got bad on a very rare occasion of which we play a squad with someone who got bad connection in our team, and it has to be SUPER BAD for them to affect us.

With this NBALM, I confuse about... where the server located? Who am I matching with? And the most important question is.. why the PING rate vary like craaaazy? Am I playing with someone who got bad connection and got the consequences?

Because I've been seeing people in Africa got 340-600ms PING CONSTANTLY. Imagine if we are matching them and it's actually giving us bad connection too. Maybe the connection turn bas because we play with someone who barely connected to the game.

Here in NBALM, my PING rate could be around 24ms, sometimes 60ms but there are times when the PING rate lies around 140-160ms, then there will be time when my ping rate turn into 300ms.

So far, playing this Arena, I've experience a PING in a game around 300-600ms with occasional 1200-2400ms which make the screen freeze and give me 5sec violation. A few games I experienced this, like.. at least 1-2 a day during the earlier time of battleground. I reported this to EA, either the way they matched us make this happen, or it's actually a havk, cheat... that can be used by someone to distract your connection.

I couldn't resist making a report about the issue when I got trailed by 15-0 in one minutes. Because what happened was, I can only see the game right after I got 5sec violation. Then the ping turned the game freeze again like the movement can't be seen clearly... all the opponents did keep gaining score by 3 points. I don't make this up and I believe at least someone will be experiencing this soon...

Either the bot that destroy you with all the 3s, or the moment when your PING made you fail to play.

edlllpt

Pro 1
As I pointed out in other comment, my opponents have had username elements pointing to Greece, Turkey, France (PAOK, Fenerbahce, Strasbourg). Today I faced someone that i'd guess was Russian.

And over here i'm getting pings ranging from 48 to 70 most of the time i look at it since BG started. Only very short spikes go outside that range. I recall a match with ping ranging 110/120 but it was still playable. No way to guess where that user was from tho.

The waiting times are also fairly short here (only once i tried a tournament quite late in the night i was waiting more than a minute), which doesn't seem to be the case for other people around here.

And well, i'd hope nobody has to deal with similar bad experiences. Did you receive any answer to your report?

FlyinFrog

Rookie 1
As I pointed out in other comment, my opponents have had username elements pointing to Greece, Turkey, France (PAOK, Fenerbahce, Strasbourg). Today I faced someone that i'd guess was Russian.

And over here i'm getting pings ranging from 48 to 70 most of the time i look at it since BG started. Only very short spikes go outside that range. I recall a match with ping ranging 110/120 but it was still playable. No way to guess where that user was from tho.

The waiting times are also fairly short here (only once i tried a tournament quite late in the night i was waiting more than a minute), which doesn't seem to be the case for other people around here.

And well, i'd hope nobody has to deal with similar bad experiences. Did you receive any answer to your report?

Nah man 🤣🤣 Haven't heard anything.

edlllpt

Pro 1
anyone having more issues today, like the game dropping with the message of 'troubles to continue this game' ?

I haven't seen that popping up in a while. And the ping was the in the usual range.

It happened to me only once, but multiple opponents also disconnected and i couldn't guess if they were all voluntary forfeits.

Disconnect problems usually happen when you are playing against someone with a crappy connection. The game is lagging a lot on his side & the server disconnects

Last edited:

dub365

All-Star 1
Disconnect problems usually happen when you are playing against someone with a crappy connection. The game is lagging a lot on his part & the server disconnects
But I've been getting charged with the Forfeit/ loss so I figured it was on my end.... A bunch of times it's showed the opponent disconnect and I play the AI til almost the end of the match and then I get a black screen & "Reconnecting" message.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
Some people are masters of the perfect release in pvp. I have to finish a game with 100% 3s yet.
In my limited BG experience, more than a few users have no problem with 3s.. I have an ok time with Ingles and have noticed he makes them more often in rhythm releases and when he is open..
But I find blocking the 3s much more harder.. have had a match where I blocked marbury abt 5-10 times but those matches are extremely rare for me

Spyda9man

Pro 2
In my limited BG experience, more than a few users have no problem with 3s.. I have an ok time with Ingles and have noticed he makes them more often in rhythm releases and when he is open..
But I find blocking the 3s much more harder.. have had a match where I blocked marbury abt 5-10 times but those matches are extremely rare for me
My opponent had the bamba person shooting 3s as well as lower than 80 players shooting 3s and making them all. I was like what the heck...

F2palways

Rookie 1
But I've been getting charged with the Forfeit/ loss so I figured it was on my end.... A bunch of times it's showed the opponent disconnect and I play the AI til almost the end of the match and then I get a black screen & "Reconnecting" message.
Dubs this is same issue I’m facing I was 4 wins 2 loses was winning 33 to 0 and with 20 secs left I get the reconnect screen and then the forfeit I emailed ea asking for the correct reward and they told me piss off in so many word they claim the issues is on our end not there’s so they won’t Compensate any rewards whatsoever

Spyda9man

Pro 2
Dubs this is same issue I’m facing I was 4 wins 2 loses was winning 33 to 0 and with 20 secs left I get the reconnect screen and then the forfeit I emailed ea asking for the correct reward and they told me piss off in so many word they claim the issues is on our end not there’s so they won’t Compensate any rewards whatsoever
I had the same 4 wins 2 losses on BG and with 20 seconds left I was winning and instead of that it had the sorry connection thing. That would of been my 5th win and I rarely get 5 wins in BG I'm lucky to get 2 or 3 lately.

edlllpt

Pro 1
There's a chauncey in the house, current bids at 3.8M. Only 100+ arena card i've seen since the bulter I mentioned in a previous comment.

Also, did people receive the weekly points? previous comment was also on a monday, but i didn't receive anything today. i skipped multiple days this past week tho.

edlllpt

Pro 1
So...nobody received points but they changed the odds of the packs allowing more 100+ pulls, right?

I've spotted and grabbed a Jimmy Butler and I've played against opponents with 106 Magic, 101 Westbrook, 102 Majerle, 107 Lebron or 104 AD today.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
So...nobody received points but they changed the odds of the packs allowing more 100+ pulls, right?

I've spotted and grabbed a Jimmy Butler and I've played against opponents with 106 Magic, 101 Westbrook, 102 Majerle, 107 Lebron or 104 AD today.
Is there any difference in gameplay with higher ovr players

edlllpt

Pro 1
Is there any difference in gameplay with higher ovr players

In two tournaments, I found the randomness that leads to quarters where everything goes in or nothing goes a lot worse.

At first Butler's shots weren't going in at all, but later would make a fading clutch shot to confirm a win.

Played two times against the user with Magic (+AD) and he missed 3 threes in a row i think at the top of the key and it was very close game. Then the next game, those same shots were 3/3 and I had no chance after missing my lay-ups.

The user with Majerle was also having bad shooting with him. The guy with Lebron didn't remind me he had Lebron. The guy with WB won.

There was also other match where i missed maybe 3 lay-ups and wide open midrange and couldn't help myself and sent multiple emojis of disbelief.

Both tournaments ended 5-2 for me, with the 5th game being quarters where the opponent missed very open shots or dunks, and were like 4-10 after 60 seconds and they quit/disconnected.

Outside of this, one other thing that plays a role at least to me is the court. I play in the green one with the nike symbol (edit: it's Barry Farms) that feels silky smooth, while many others are a bit too messy and just add confusion.

Last edited:

FlyinFrog

Rookie 1
What's up with these lower than 80 guys shooting threes without any problem?

It's a bot... read some of my previous comments... i suspects these are bots or cheaters. Most likely bots... Arena mode got bots too, you know, there are not many players actually playing NBALM, let alone Arena.

The developer try to avoid you winning by match you with crazy bots... I've been experiencing this and shared the issue earlier.

FlyinFrog

Rookie 1

Just ways to avoid ya from winning.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakito
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.