• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Arena Battle Ground.

FlyinFrog

Rookie 1
Yeah idk what's going on either but in the beginning was fine with under 70s all greens. But now it's like 2 out of 5 games all red and if ik lucky 1 green. Not to include my ops all have 2-3 90s and throwing 3s like it's pure easy.

Yepp... I believe there are more people playing Arena today compare to 3 weeks ago, and either the server or NBALM database could be too weak for the reality. I've been in a situation of which I faced players with only70ovr's players, but trailed me by like 15 points.

What happened was my Ping went around 600-2000ms all the time, then all of the sudden I got 5secs violation after all the shot made by opponent, and all 3s. I remember once it was 4 basket in a row so i forfeited and directed to their instagram. Sent message calling then a bullshit for keep adding content to increase enthusiasm without improving gameplay quality such as connection. Or else, cheater could be joining the game just like any other video game. Lol

Spyda9man

Pro 2
Yepp... I believe there are more people playing Arena today compare to 3 weeks ago, and either the server or NBALM database could be too weak for the reality. I've been in a situation of which I faced players with only70ovr's players, but trailed me by like 15 points.

What happened was my Ping went around 600-2000ms all the time, then all of the sudden I got 5secs violation after all the shot made by opponent, and all 3s. I remember once it was 4 basket in a row so i forfeited and directed to their instagram. Sent message calling then a bullshit for keep adding content to increase enthusiasm without improving gameplay quality such as connection. Or else, cheater could be joining the game just like any other video game. Lol
Same here. Kept getting 5 sec called on me. Now is it bad that when it happens to me personally I get annoyed but then when it happens to them I get excited? Is that wrong of me because i want to achieve 5 wins and get an elite???

FlyinFrog

Rookie 1
Same here. Kept getting 5 sec called on me. Now is it bad that when it happens to me personally I get annoyed but then when it happens to them I get excited? Is that wrong of me because i want to achieve 5 wins and get an elite???

I don't know how you manage to keep making opponents get 5sec violations a few times consecutively.. sometimes I get my opponents get ONE, just one.. so I guess I'm happy, but if they get it twice or three times in a match I'll feel super sorry to be honest.

However, I've experienced a moment when I get 5sec I forgot either 4 times or 5 times, IN A ROW! The game isn't crash, but I couldn't do anything either.

Really almost believe it's hack or cheat some sort of thing, because I play PUBGm and I've seen too many impossible things like flying car or speed hack for players.... It's huge game huge developer with millions of players.

NBALM is just a small tiny game in EA Franchise history. Lol

edlllpt

Pro 1
Can you pull the 90s from the BG packs with luck or how else can you obtain them?

I've pulled DeRozan, Marbury and Hamilton from 5-win packs.

Regarding weird things during in inbounding I only had an issue when playing with the little winter guys - I was often a called for an out-of-bounds before i could inbound.

edlllpt

Pro 1
Also, any idea how do the weekly point prizes work in the Arena?

I've received 50 points today (of the golden currency), but what are the possibilities? What was enough for me to receive those 50 points? And was it possible to earn more?

Spyda9man

Pro 2

I've received 50 points today (of the golden currency), but what are the possibilities? What was enough for me to receive those 50 points? And was it possible to earn more?
I got 50 coins too and a milestone? It was a boom or bust gold player. Turned out to be a 76 redick.

You get 50 points weekly only for playing. Then there are prize packs only for 10 people, picked randomly.
I dont know what those packs contain

FlyinFrog

Rookie 1
Who else realised that this Arena mode also full of bot?

Do you know that when your opponents forfeiting a match, the sign of opponents disconnect shows and you keep playing against cpu/bot? This happen to me if my opponents trailed by too many points. Then the bot will surprisingly play so much better and started to catch up, like perfection.

However that's not my issue here. It is that sometimes when you keep winning... you will be matching with the opponents that will make 90% of 3s no matter how many of your players guarded or challenged his player? Whilst your 3s turned real bad even when you tried a wide open shot.

I got so frustrated then I forfeit a game, but then, when I clicked play again... the same player just showed up within less than 5 seconds. Same thing happened and I forfeited again.... then again, I clicked play and that player within 3-5 seconds matched me and repeat his perfect 3 points play.

This is one side of how greedy NBALM wanna stop you from winning I guess. I believe some of you thought about this as well, and here I'd like to tell you, I believe what you think is right... they got perfect playing bot to beat you in the Battleground Arena.

I mean, I realised SD got bots plenty of bots... but they shouldn't be putting an impossible to beat bot for battleground that is supposed to be PvP based player. If there is no player and they wanna make it look like there is one by representing a bot, then they should have to make it at lease some kind of a normal skilled bot, not something that will make 9 3s out of 10 attempts on a challenged or contested shot.

Rubbish.

Obvs when an opponent disconnect his team begins to play better, since the freaking OP AI starts playing 😂 🤷‍♂️

That's a cool conspiracy theory tho

There are some "tricks" or ways to block 3s in arena. Youtube is your friend.

edlllpt

Pro 1
I find everyone playing much better than the AI. The AI always gives you enough spacing for threes, lets you steal the ball, will attempt post-shots easy to block and you can sit at half-court wasting the clock with no one bothering you. If anything in its favor it's some defense inside.

And the most competitive opponents i find are usually pretty good inside offensively and not reliant on lucky threes.

Damn I haven't even played one full tournament. I just don't have the time to play 5 long quarters. All my time seems directed at trying to get Harden & RW and get to 111.

FlyinFrog

Rookie 1
Obvs when an opponent disconnect his team begins to play better, since the freaking OP AI starts playing 😂 🤷‍♂️

That's a cool conspiracy theory tho

There are some "tricks" or ways to block 3s in arena. Youtube is your friend.

When I play the Premium tourney... I never lost an entry. Always reached into 5 wins even when I faced 110-111 teams.. I got three 3s clutch players... one out of 20-30 matched I destroyed bu 112 ovr team that got 4 players with clutch and 2 of them with pre charged threes. Lol.

In general I'm sort of fine blocking clutches, and doing it in the Battleground is a lot easier. However, not when I faced this type of player. Since the Arena Battleground introduced, I only experienced this TWICE.

I remember last time it happened was after I won 4 tournaments..! Yes 4 of 5 wins without losing any entry ticket. Then I stopped because it wanted me to pay two entry tickets, but when I played... I kept facing this same player that UNBEATABLE. Damn.

Today it happend again, you will not believe how impossible the threes that the players made.

And my Battleground squad isn't too bad either. Battleground is how I earn my coins lately since it could give me like 500k-1mil a day from players that I won from 5 wins pack. It's a logical reason if NBALM tried to stop us from getting easy coins, right?

Oh... also, they are doing massive devaluation to players with OVR above 104. Most cards gone by 30-50% cheaper of its normal price compares to last week.

This theory make sense, to make players fail in earning maximum coins before the new season start. As the coins will all coming with us. It's superhard to snipe now compares to last week. Because 105 kawhi and Curry for example, it goes 200-300k now, same with 108 DR j that's sold for 600-700k. Haha

Attachments

• 95E50ACF-EE14-419D-94EB-560D11AF4BC4.png
    95E50ACF-EE14-419D-94EB-560D11AF4BC4.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 274
  • 4669DCB1-68B5-4332-B760-626C6CB1F10F.png
    4669DCB1-68B5-4332-B760-626C6CB1F10F.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 261

FlyinFrog

Rookie 1
I find everyone playing much better than the AI. The AI always gives you enough spacing for threes, lets you steal the ball, will attempt post-shots easy to block and you can sit at half-court wasting the clock with no one bothering you. If anything in its favor it's some defense inside.

And the most competitive opponents i find are usually pretty good inside offensively and not reliant on lucky threes.

That's when the AI got less ovr than your team ovr. When AI got 2-4ovr above your team, it plays perfectly. If it has relatively similar OVR, then it will be easier to beat. It's like, the percentage of OVR difference explain on what level the AI will play. That's what I found in SD.

Like you said, in battleground, good players going inside the paint for layups or dunks, like me? I only do 3s when I got a wide open space. For that, even ovr 70 player mostly made the shot. That's how battleground works, the threes are normally made when you are wide open, the metres not really work here.

This AI that I believe designed to beat you? It made all threes like it got clutches. Lol. No lie bro. You will find it if you win like 3-4 packs in a row, trust me.. and please let me know.. I guess we gotta fight NBALM for unfairly stopping us to win this.

FlyinFrog

Rookie 1
Or at least, they should design more AI/Bot which will match us randomly... not only making a perfect super difficult to beat that come after we win too many.

Lol. Or maybe there are more bots than I knew? And I'm only ignoring them because they are easier?

edlllpt

Pro 1
How many tournaments have you played in a day for it to start asking you two tickets for a game? And where are you in Billups progress?

Regarding the devaluation of cards whose ovr is lower than the ones you can achieve in the promo, that's how the game goes since the start in every campaign. Better cards available, rest depreciates.

I've played 4 battleground tournaments in a day for the first time yesterday (so i could reach the 'coach' card) and the 4th tournament was the easiest to me - in a day with 5 wins three times and 4 wins once (it was the first or the second).

But I've been playing with the 'available max' (except a plat. coach card) of a 91ovr team since they fixed Billups counter, which may bring me a different perception than yours.

What you're saying makes all sense in showdown, where you can have an easy match and then a match with everything helping you lose against the same AI opponent, despite ovr advantage or disadvantage. These variations exist since the introduction of showdown.

There was an unlucky BG match against a 82ovr i think that i lost by 1 or two, like 21-22, I rematched and the opponent was now missing it all, with final result being sth like 16-6, which looked the same pattern of 'random advantages' variation seen in showdown. But I don't have many other examples pointing that way, of the lucky 3s being the key.

I often have rematches and it can go 1-1 in two close games where it's just one good defensive play deciding the worthy winner. The Loss limit being at 3 and not 2 like the basic tournament also helps, as I get a lot of 5-2, and I'd probably be dwelling on things in the 2 losses in the other scenario.

Last edited:

FlyinFrog

Rookie 1
How many tournaments have you played in a day for it to start asking you two tickets for a game? And where are you in Billups progress?

Regarding the devaluation of cards whose ovr is lower than the ones you can achieve in the promo, that's how the game goes since the start in every campaign. Better cards available, rest depreciates.

I've played 4 battleground tournaments in a day for the first time yesterday (so i could reach the 'coach' card) and the 4th tournament was the easiest to me - in a day with 5 wins three times and 4 wins once (it was the first or the second).

But I've been playing with the 'available max' (except a plat. coach card) of a 91ovr team since they fixed Billups counter, which may bring me a different perception than yours.

What you're saying makes all sense in showdown, where you can have an easy match and then a match with everything helping you lose against the same AI opponent, despite ovr advantage or disadvantage. These variations exist since the introduction of showdown.

There was an unlucky BG match against a 82ovr i think that i lost by 1 or two, like 21-22, I rematched and the opponent was now missing it all, with final result being sth like 16-6, which looked the same pattern of 'random advantages' variation seen in showdown. But I don't have many other examples pointing that way, of the lucky 3s being the key.

I often have rematches and it can go 1-1 in two close games where it's just one good defensive play deciding the worthy winner. The Loss limit being at 3 and not 2 like the basic tournament also helps, as I get a lot of 5-2, and I'd probably be dwelling on things in the 2 losses in the other scenario.

That's where I'm at now man.. I've been playing a lot the first 3 days of Battlegrounds when the points for Billups wasn't paying yet, until I protested the two issue to EA, one for reward points and another for why charging us two tickets..

That moment, my cards was like the best.. most of opponents got only 60-70ovr, even 59. Lol. For me winning 5-0 in one entry was easy, I believe maybe 4-5 times, aa you say you entered 4 times with 3 entries winning up to 5 matches. Maybe you should just give it another go or two and you will see.

I stop playing battleground since I realised this AI players that attempted to make it impossible to win, and afterall, the value of reward cards not as high as last week... Haven't played today as well, kinda losing passion for that but keen to get 110 Harden.

About the card value... The thing is, it's not happening with 104 cards.. only 105-100 cards got the effect. Also not all cards too... for example, 107 CP stays the same (I sniped this a lot, prices stays at 300k and can be sold 400-450k), but not 107 KD, the snipe price used to be 350-400k and can be sold at 650k, but now only worth 300k, exact similar price to CP.

Also 108 Luka, the price stays... even a bit higher, it can be sold 1.35-1.6 mil, and you can snipe it for 900k. I did this 6 times since a few days ago, until last night. I guess the new campaign already started.

I believe it's only dropping the value of the card that has plenty of availability.. such as 107 PF Giannis, it drops.

Attachments

• 88479ED9-A7F8-429B-BFE0-ADBA22114CC8.png
    88479ED9-A7F8-429B-BFE0-ADBA22114CC8.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 249
  • FEC9FC98-4136-45C9-93C6-B3ACF41012C1.png
    FEC9FC98-4136-45C9-93C6-B3ACF41012C1.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 272

edlllpt

Pro 1
i find my 5-win rate in battlegrounds pretty good (12 in 16 i think), but in those twelve, I only achieved one 5-0.

And i'm not really interested in trying 5 tourneys in a day. I just played one tournament in the last 24h and this time it was a 5-1 with me losing the first (opponent 3s did play a role).

I went for the prize and now 1 tourney a day is good enough.

And if they wrote more clearly that people would get a good coach card at 50 BG points, i think there would be more people playing it. As it's currently 1.5M+ accessible in a single item without spending stamina to obtain it (It would eventually be less valuable with more people around).

104 cards are low-capped too high for the current scenario. EA set the bar at 197k+ i think, which is too much for cards like Will Barton, that continue to be pulled in sig packs from campagins.

And if cards were fairly rare/can't be pulled anymore/still have something unique, those are all reasons for it to have other price trajectory.

FlyinFrog

Rookie 1
i find my 5-win rate in battlegrounds pretty good (12 in 16 i think), but in those twelve, I only achieved one 5-0.

And i'm not really interested in trying 5 tourneys in a day. I just played one tournament in the last 24h and this time it was a 5-1 with me losing the first (opponent 3s did play a role).

I went for the prize and now 1 tourney a day is good enough.

And if they wrote more clearly that people would get a good coach card at 50 BG points, i think there would be more people playing it. As it's currently 1.5M+ accessible in a single item without spending stamina to obtain it (It would eventually be less valuable with more people around).

104 cards are low-capped too high for the current scenario. EA set the bar at 197k+ i think, which is too much for cards like Will Barton, that continue to be pulled in sig packs from campagins.

And if cards were fairly rare/can't be pulled anymore/still have something unique, those are all reasons for it to have other price trajectory.

Yeah.. I bought All-Balance Battleground boost for 900k, super lucky. Sold All Defence I earned for 1.8Mil.

I earned Kuzma too.. but I dont think I need him that moment, most opponents only got 70s OVR, and I was striving for coins... sold it for 380k. Then I won 5 games a tourney like a dozen time since that... All I got was Ingram 🤣.

Try to play a little more man.. trust me you will find this 3s maniac player... that will beat you since the first minute. And keep matching with that account even when you forfeit. By that day, you will find this forum is more interesting than the game itself. Lol

edlllpt

Pro 1
nah. I'm good playing with moderation. And I'm yet to forfeit a match on purpose.

There were often games with the message 'we are having trouble continuing this game' in the first PVP days, but even that is thankfully gone now. And a bug of some conflict with sold items that would point to 'no wins or defeats will be counted' was also somewhat fixed as the message still pops up, but the game result now counts properly..

Also, isn't pvp matchmaking tailored to your region? ex Europeans will match Europeans - US players will match with other North American and so on?

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakito
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.