• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Any news/ideas when next chapter(s) of Harden MVP Campaign is coming out??

I just took a look at Chapter 1s events....I'm not seeing a huge difference between them compared to 2. Chapter one appears to have more drills, though. Of course, Ch 1 required using Hardens teammates, but that's already been discussed.

I may be wrong, but I think a lot of people were just very excited for ANY new content when Ch 1 was released because the Rookie campaign was so underwhelming.

For Ch 2, we haven't been as starved for new content having just finished a major promo so Ch 2 seems kind of "meh" for some.

I imagine your biggest issue is not using Harden's teammates.

I may be confusing some of the events with Offseason Movers but my recollection was that they were a lot more difficult. Not just score 6 points with Harden, score 9 points with Harden...

I had Thunder Harden benched for quite a while in favor of 82 McGrady who had better general stats but a worse 3 pt by one. Broke down and decided to push for the 81 Harden since I know if/when there's an Ultimate Harden I'll want to be able to get him. I know the stats of 81 aren't THAT much more than Thunder, but it feels muuuuch different. Idk if there are hidden stats (likely, Im guessing) but so far it's been worth the grind. Hopefully EA continues this practice of making the grind cards worth it.

Nice shooting stats, but this 81 card gets blocked like no tomorrow. Create 10 feet of space and shoot? Block! Pretty much up to the AI whether they decide to use a trampoline or not.

Also, seems like if my defender falls from a screen, and I shoot before letting them get back up, I have a higher chance of missing.

Edit: missed a word

edlllpt

Pro 1
Nice shooting stats, but this 81 card gets blocked like no tomorrow. Create 10 feet of space and shoot? Block! Pretty up to the AI whether they decide to use a trampoline or not.

if you're getting blocked, I don't think that's a problem of a specific card :p

Maybe you are shooting with him in a zone where AI is more likely to get a successful block

Nice shooting stats, but this 81 card gets blocked like no tomorrow. Create 10 feet of space and shoot? Block! Pretty up to the AI whether they decide to use a trampoline or not.

Maybe you are shooting with him in a zone where AI is more likely to get a successful block

Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Some cards are more prone to getting blocked and/or missing shots that are contested. My Lillard RARELY gets blocked. His release is also quicker than Harden's.

Harden of course has the highest contested rating in the game, but a contest and a block are clearly different. I'm just saying. I create enough space from the FT line to the corner and still get blocked sometimes. Don't act like EA isn't prone to randomly increase AI's block ability, because we have seen it happen just as recently as days ago.

edlllpt

Pro 1

Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Some cards are more prone to getting blocked and/or missing shots that are contested. My Lillard RARELY gets blocked. His release is also quicker than Harden's.

Harden of course has the highest contested rating in the game, but a contest and a block are clearly different. I'm just saying. I create enough space from the FT line to the corner and still get blocked sometimes. Don't act like EA isn't prone to randomly increase AI's block ability, because we have seen it happen just as recently as days ago.

What I'm saying is If I'm getting a shot blocked I'm regretting that shooting decision and not saying that a card is bad. And there are spots I avoid, because if you get blocked, what you gotta do is try to know how to prevent it from happening again, whatever the difficulty level that you happen to get in the quarter. I have zero complaints about Harden cards in this regard, hence why I'm replying about this.

From what you're saying I doubt you're shooting with Lillard in the same zones you shoot with Harden.

Harden is also a left-handed player so that may indeed affect the usual rhythm of some of your shots in comparison.

And ideally you're getting open shots, so the contested shot stat shouldn't be that important. Specially given they scrapped the shot-meter changes that involved contested percentages.

MartyrX

Rookie 1
Anyone else feeling confused by the timing of the harden chap releases? By the time ch 3 is released, and I finish the campaign and grind out those elite set items to get the 83 harden, I?ll already have my 84 next gen Klay (pumped for next mon!!). So as soon as I get the 83 harden, he?ll be sent to the bench. Doesn?t make any sense to me why they timed it as such.

Same could be said for mobile master embiid. By the time they fix/change the 75 get loose event requirement for 82 embiid, I will have my 84 next gen Drummond in place.

They really should have made the game launch campaigns released more quickly and players more easily upgradable. I?m just talking about the ones for game launch, not all players/campaigns, due to quick ovr escalation. Speaking of game launch, where?s the Iverson card? Why have a cover player with no campaign or event at launch?

I?ve also been blocked a lot using the 81 Harden. You can?t do the contested catch and shoot with him, which is a guilty pleasure of mine, and if you find yourself with an acre of space his slow release seems to invite the defender over. I don?t think he?s that great from the sidelines. He tends to do better from the wings

Regarding the chapter releases, you may be able to use Klay and Harden in different lineups next month, though it?s unclesr at this stage what the lineups can be used for specifically.

If there is an Ultimate Harden set then an 85 Harden may replace Klay in the main lineup.

What I'm saying is If I'm getting a shot blocked I'm regretting that shooting decision and not saying that a card is bad. And there are spots I avoid, because if you get blocked, what you gotta do is try to know how to prevent it from happening again, whatever the difficulty level that you happen to get in the quarter. I have zero complaints about Harden cards in this regard, hence why I'm replying about this.

From what you're saying I doubt you're shooting with Lillard in the same zones you shoot with Harden.

Harden is also a left-handed player so that may indeed affect the usual rhythm of some of your shots in comparison.

And ideally you're getting open shots, so the contested shot stat shouldn't be that important. Specially given they scrapped the shot-meter changes that involved contested percentages.

I get what you're saying, and all I was saying is that it isn't always operator error. Some players are simply more likely to get blocked than others is my point.

Take a short player like Isaiah Thomas. Much more likelier to get blocked even on the perigee than say a John Wall. Not saying it's a bad card, just that it can have a tendency to get blocked more than others.

I do agree, it's great to try to find a way to counter the defense and not get blocked. That's the whole purpose of dribble moves/using screens/ zigging and zagging to lose the defender.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.