• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Venice Beach 3v3 Promo

The lineup will last until end of the season, so i am assuming that there will be more 3x3 programs/promo on our way using the same lineup so i think keeping the elites that you get will give you advantage on succeeding ones. Any info? Thanks.

Yeah. Brian hinted at this on twitter. It says in the info screen : "First stop : Venice Beach". There will be more 3vs3 promos probably. I guess keeping a high ovr street lineup will give us more unlocked events at the start of the next promo.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
The lineup will last until end of the season, so i am assuming that there will be more 3x3 programs/promo on our way using the same lineup so i think keeping the elites that you get will give you advantage on succeeding ones. Any info? Thanks.

Yeah. Brian hinted at this on twitter. It says in the info screen : "First stop : Venice Beach". There will be more 3vs3 promos probably. I guess keeping a high ovr street lineup will give us more unlocked events at the start of the next promo.
Makes sense.. gives them time between promos to work on other promos

I gotta say I'm loving the new promo format. You either grind and get the player or buy packs and the player faster. Only thing I miss is being able to make coins from selling promo golds, and elites. I keep seeing my coins deplete with each promo.

Yeah, I feel like there's something that I haven't had to do in a couple weeks that I don't miss much...and that's put HUNDREDS of tokens into a set lol. This is so much better. It was a nightmare holding onto 700+ tokens because I needed to wait until the master I wanted was released.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief

The prices of these cards will be so low at that point that it wouldn't matter you could just buy them back when they cost a fraction of what they sell for now

I got 8k before stopping for the day but I did buy one of the 80s and an 83 to unlock the 3rd and 4th event.

Ya im at 7k. Had to snipe 2 83s and an 80

I got to 80 yesterday by sniping (and then re-selling) and I'm at 82 now with another 83 on the AH block. My guess is these players weren't supposed to be auctionable and then the "grind" would be "fair" in EA's mind (i.e. almost get there for F2P so have to spend coin or nba cash on packs).

It was announced at the beginning of the promo that all of the cards would be auctionable except for the golds, the coach, the court and the boosted cards you buy from the store. They fucked up somehow and made DeRozan auctionable but the other cards were part of the promo design.

betaman411

All-Star 1
Ya im at 7k. Had to snipe 2 83s and an 80

I got to 80 yesterday by sniping (and then re-selling) and I'm at 82 now with another 83 on the AH block. My guess is these players weren't supposed to be auctionable and then the "grind" would be "fair" in EA's mind (i.e. almost get there for F2P so have to spend coin or nba cash on packs).

It was announced at the beginning of the promo that all of the cards would be auctionable except for the golds, the coach, the court and the boosted cards you buy from the store. They fucked up somehow and made DeRozan auctionable but the other cards were part of the promo design.
I could see that but I?m surprised they made Bell and Johnson auctionable with their boost. The OVR limit on the events only impacted the first day or so anyway so I?m not sure why that was even necessary?

X_1618

Rookie 1
are you planing to sell Baron Davis once you get the player?coz Baron is PG.
or keep him in your future street lineup coz the 3vs3 lasts 53 weeks.

BTW, the gameplay of the live events is harder now. I almost lose the 5th one. I had to defence like crazy with the game tied 20-20 & then won with the next possesion. Crazy-

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
BTW, the gameplay of the live events is harder now. I almost lose the 5th one. I had to defence like crazy with the game tied 20-20 & then won with the next possesion. Crazy-
Ya was wondering abt that.. kept missing 3s.. luckily didn't lose any stamina

Yeah, all sorts of silliness in the events today. Brick, brick brick brick brick. It's like EA actually played the events yesterday and was like "WTF?! Why are these so easy? Why is it still apart of the OLD gameplay where shots actually went in?? Well, we can't have this. Have it fixed by tomorrow or you're fired!"

Even the Flashback event today was silly. I figure, eh, 250 stam, just 600 VB points if I didn't do FB so I'll do it, try to get as many bird tokens as I can...and sure enough, Korver, the star of the event this week, is brick brick brick brick brick. Didn't matter if it was wide open. Brick. Almost lost 50 stamina because of it but luckily LeBron made the 3s.

are you planing to sell Baron Davis once you get the player?coz Baron is PG.
or keep him in your future street lineup coz the 3vs3 lasts 53 weeks.

There aren't 53 weeks left in the season but what I'm assuming will happen is that there will be campaigns for different courts like Rucker Park and the higher your lineup is, the easier it will be to unlock the bonus events.

My plan right now is to start Baron on my main, bench him on my alt, and use him for both streetball lineups. I doubt he will be worth much by the time I finish him, and I like the player and the card. Maybe it's because I am a third year veteran but this season I care more about players and cards I like than having the latest and highest OVR cards.

I was gonna try to grind beyond Davis....just to see where I could land, sort of thing.....probably easily get Ball who has another 10% boost, maybe even hit 52K and toy with spending cash to reach 70K court (+3dunk).....but after another day of SUPER NERFED events, I'm done after Davis lol. It's no fun spending 50 stamina and having to score 21 individual buckets (reach 21 and in some events you start at 0) because shooting an outside shot is no longer possible from the nerf.

Hell, one of them, you start down 16-17, the opp has the ball and it legit starts at half court in that camera angle that's already problematic to defend LOL. So you might end up down 2 and the goal is 21 and making 2 pointers is a lost cause. I haven't lost an event YET, but have come super close and not gonna play the campaign much longer to chance it happening.

Altavilla

Pro 1
I was gonna try to grind beyond Davis....just to see where I could land, sort of thing.....probably easily get Ball who has another 10% boost, maybe even hit 52K and toy with spending cash to reach 70K court (+3dunk).....but after another day of SUPER NERFED events, I'm done after Davis lol. It's no fun spending 50 stamina and having to score 21 individual buckets (reach 21 and in some events you start at 0) because shooting an outside shot is no longer possible from the nerf.

Hell, one of them, you start down 16-17, the opp has the ball and it legit starts at half court in that camera angle that's already problematic to defend LOL. So you might end up down 2 and the goal is 21 and making 2 pointers is a lost cause. I haven't lost an event YET, but have come super close and not gonna play the campaign much longer to chance it happening.

That's a very good point. The events are a real pain now and the blitzes were much more fun when they were easy.

Probably will do the same and quit after Davis.

X_1618

Rookie 1
the price of Baron card drops so fast in AH
do you prefer keep it or try to sell in lower price?
is this kind of card useful for platinum card in future? e.g exchange a couple of 99 OVR card with one 105 platium card

Sirricky14

Rookie 1
What to do:

1. Keep Marbury with clutch and benched Baron Davis
2. Sell Marbury and put Baron Davis on Main Line Up.

Is Baron Davis better than Marbury?

Other Benched Players:
Murray 96
Fox 96

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakito
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.