• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

The cost of training Embiid is potentially mind blowing.

betaman411

All-Star 1
That wouldn't make sense though because you could get an 80 C with +2 overall from the 78 with better stats (Cousins and Davis specifically) for just as much no one forced people to upgrade him so no need to punish those that waited many didn't do it at all because of the cost for level 1 alone wasn't worth it to people so having a clean slate is the only logical choice not to mention EA doesn't reimburse or leave in hoops to jump through so those that did something before a change feel better
Actually, it makes perfect ?sense? (the 80 you describe is capped at 80 while Embiid can continue to be trained) and that?s precisely why EA won?t do it. No other outcome is ?fair? to all players but clearly that?s not a priority.

It's completely fair everyone had the chance to wait idk why anyone trained him when you could easily buy a better card that you have the ability to sell or use in a set later you can't do that with Embiid
It's no more fair than changing the stats of already released cards. You train him because his cap was greater than any other C at the moment training was made available. Can't get to 82 without training to 78.

I really don't care either way. But purporting that waiting to train should benefit players that were "smarter" with their coins at the time is a stretch to say the least... :roll:

Gareth64

Rookie 1
I started playing in the middle of S2 and saw the Dirk card that could be levelled up with tokens for elites but didn?t actually do it in S2.

This season they call Embiid a Master but it?s much more like Dirk and nothing like Master Harden as you level up with tokens (albeit with achievements not elite cards) and not by mastering gameplay.

What is the point of doing all of the gameplay achievements this season? We got a 96 Harden by doing the same thing last year but there?s nothing for it this season at all? Did I miss something?

I trained Embiid to 78 OVR on both my accounts with no regrets. The cost of training him wasn't that high for people who've been hoarding coins, particularly if you've been selling promo golds, and he's just as good as any 78-80 rated center in the game if not better. I can understand going the budget beast route with a gold center but I don't think there was much point in buying an 80 OVR center unless it bumped your OVR to 80. Their resell value is close to zero.

I'm not fussed about having paid a small number of coins to train him. I don't think it should be completely free to level him up but Brian seems to think that the average player has no coins. Personally, I plan to level him up all season long as it gives me an objective for grinding the game on a daily basis.

I started playing in the middle of S2 and saw the Dirk card that could be levelled up with tokens for elites but didn?t actually do it in S2.

This season they call Embiid a Master but it?s much more like Dirk and nothing like Master Harden as you level up with tokens (albeit with achievements not elite cards) and not by mastering gameplay.

What is the point of doing all of the gameplay achievements this season? We got a 96 Harden by doing the same thing last year but there?s nothing for it this season at all? Did I miss something?

If you played S!, you could level Dirk up with tokens from the daily life events (as well as tokens from Christmas gifts.) The set you're talking about was for people who were new to the game but still wanted to build Dirk. This year we have the Legacy campaigns instead of Dirk card.

Embiid is the master card for this season. Instead of setting his OVR at a 95 or 96 like S1 and 2, they have decided to make him upgradable throughout the season so that he stays relevant. One of the complaints about Westbrook and Harden was that they became obsolete when higher OVR cards were released. This is EA's attempt to address that issue. Gameplay achievements may be part of his requirements later on. For now, the most useful thing the gameplay achievements have given us is rep. They helped me a bit when I was grinding out the 250k for Harden and also when I wanted to dabble with the Offseason Movers rep packs.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
I trained Embiid to 78 OVR on both my accounts with no regrets. The cost of training him wasn't that high for people who've been hoarding coins, particularly if you've been selling promo golds, and he's just as good as any 78-80 rated center in the game if not better. I can understand going the budget beast route with a gold center but I don't think there was much point in buying an 80 OVR center unless it bumped your OVR to 80. Their resell value is close to zero.

I'm not fussed about having paid a small number of coins to train him. I don't think it should be completely free to level him up but Brian seems to think that the average player has no coins. Personally, I plan to level him up all season long as it gives me an objective for grinding the game on a daily basis.

Well at the time the resale value for them wasn't 0 and I had plenty to spend on it but chose not to because 100k to turn a 75 into a 78 wasn't worth it so I kept him untrained on my main and didn't use him at all on my alt because I pulled an 80 Cousins that was impossible to sell but the reason it should be free to train Embiid is because he is the NBALM master card you mentioned in another post that we got 95 Westbrook and 96 Harden but they were completely free and you got 250k for getting Westbrook but we were on track to need to grind, wait, and pay millions to get Embiid to 95 or 96 which made no sense to turn what was a free reward in other seasons for grinding into something you had to grind, wait, and pay for I think everyone would take a couple months wait to get a 95-96 card then what we were on course for

I just hope that they make it easier to upgrade Embiid once it's free because (I've been saying this since S1) that the NBALM master should always be the highest rated card in the game so him needing 75 days to reach 82 when there will likely be 87+ cards by then would make no sense to have the flagship card for the game be way worse then other cards I know they're working on ways to change the requirements for Embiid such as 1k challenges to 10 elevate events but the 75 day wait for 82 overall is the most outrageous of them all

Anatdoc

All-Star 3

+1
But I was worried abt the higher ones being too costly to train.. and like others said as he is the master so he should be absolutely free

I can understand the reasoning behind Embiid being free to train but given that Harden cost a significant amount to max last yea, and training is supposed to be an exclusive feature this season, it seems odd that it would be completely free. Are they really going to let us train him to a 99 OVR for free?

I don?t think they?ll ever make the Master the best card in the game as they want people to keep spending. I figure he?ll be slightly behind the curve all season though I think they?re realizing now that he should have he should have been fully upgradable to an 82 by tip off.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
I can understand the reasoning behind Embiid being free to train but given that Harden cost a significant amount to max last yea, and training is supposed to be an exclusive feature this season, it seems odd that it would be completely free. Are they really going to let us train him to a 99 OVR for free?

I don?t think they?ll ever make the Master the best card in the game as they want people to keep spending. I figure he?ll be slightly behind the curve all season though I think they?re realizing now that he should have he should have been fully upgradable to an 82 by tip off.

Well Harden started out at 96 and maxed at 99 compared to Embiid that started way down at 75 and we have no idea where it maxes out at and yeah I know it never will be the highest rated card due to spending giving them in incentives not to make it that way but it is something they used to do in EA games they would make the master cards based on the cover athlete and make it a 99 overall but I recent years they steered away from the 99 overall and even away from the part of flagship master cards being about the cover athlete as they try to find ways to maximize profit

G2theMoney

Rookie 3
just upgraded embiid on my alt a/c... from Level 1, cost nothing... sort of BS for those that wasted the first 100k on the first 3 lvls...

ndbfjdn

Rookie 1
I've just noticed the criteria for upgrading him has changed too. The next level for me was initially win 1000 events, then 500 and now it's win 10 elevate events, level after that is complete 100 sets, then 80ovr lineup and finally 75 get loose wins.

Really wish i hadn't thrown away the money to upgrade those first 2 levels

edlllpt

Pro 1
I've just noticed the criteria for upgrading him has changed too. The next level for me was initially win 1000 events, then 500 and now it's win 10 elevate events, level after that is complete 100 sets, then 80ovr lineup and finally 75 get loose wins.

Yet, the event of the '1000 challenges then 10 elevate events now' still requires the 1000 challenges to be played.

ytrewq

Rookie 1
In the General category of the achievements, the achievement for 79 OVR Embiid shows 10/10 despite the Elevate event not even being released yet.

Nothing major compared to the other bugs, but hopefully they'll fix the counters in achievements and the trophy room so we can at least know where we stand.

Yet, the event of the '1000 challenges then 10 elevate events now' still requires the 1000 challenges to be played.

I dont see the 1000 challenges with respect to Embiid anywhere. 1K challenges is still there as an achievement, but I no longer see it being tied to Embiid. It does say I've already won 10/10 Elevate events and obviously it hasn't even been released yet lol. They're really mucking it up lol.

ndbfjdn

Rookie 1
I dont see the 1000 challenges with respect to Embiid anywhere. 1K challenges is still there as an achievement, but I no longer see it being tied to Embiid. It does say I've already won 10/10 Elevate events and obviously it hasn't even been released yet lol. They're really mucking it up lol.

This is what i'm seeing, too.

edlllpt

Pro 1

but you guys can't play the event, right? I checked the game in english language and also saw the 10 Elevate inside, but I guess the slower Portuguese translators end being the ones correct atm.

but you guys can't play the event, right? I checked the game in english language and also saw the 10 Elevate inside, but I guess the slower Portuguese translators end being the ones correct atm.

Event doesn't open until Tuesday. I got excited, too, and completely forgot it was the Tue/Th/Sat/Sun event.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakito
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.