• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

The cost of training Embiid is potentially mind blowing.

betaman411

All-Star 1
well i can tell you its f'ing NOT!!
didnt upgrade embiied on my alt a/c.. level 1 still wants 25k!!
WTF??!!

I don't think the changes have taken effect yet. Wait until the 1000 challenges tier changes to 10 elevate events. In any case, I personally think it would only be fair to leave the first three tiers as paid upgrades since others had to do it already but that's just my opinion.

edlllpt

Pro 1
recently announced changes are mostly positive, but personally I'm not a fan of the change in the 1000 challenges while some people are getting fairly close to the achievement (>75%).

Man, I love Embiid but I won?t train him, not even close. I don?t have coins and by the time I do, I will get better players. I have 80 Shaq already and he does the job for me. I don?t need my big man to have juicy overall stats, just good inside and rebounding stats, that?s it

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
recently announced changes are mostly positive, but personally I'm not a fan of the change in the 1000 challenges while some people are getting fairly close to the achievement (>75%).

I dont get how I'm far so far away.. still only 577 .. I don't think I've missed any live events.. the only thing I have not done is touch seasons..

betaman411

All-Star 1

I dont get how I'm far so far away.. still only 577 .. I don't think I've missed any live events.. the only thing I have not done is touch seasons..
I'm at 651 and feel the same way so one of us is WAY off! Haha

I'd have to see proof if someone says they have over 750 challenges complete. I'm pretty sure it only counts the first win of an event, right?

It wouldn't surprise me if the first few days it counted repeat wins and then EA eventually fixed it. nothing would surprise me

betaman411

All-Star 1

I'd have to see proof if someone says they have over 750 challenges complete. I'm pretty sure it only counts the first win of an event, right?

It wouldn't surprise me if the first few days it counted repeat wins and then EA eventually fixed it. nothing would surprise me
Well, I could see 675 or so because for several days after I completed the first Harden campaign I wasn't doing the Thunder Rolls Blitz. Plus missing some of the "easy" blitz events...maybe 700'ish but I can't imagine I've missed over 100 first win events since I'm fairly religious about doing them. Who knows...doesn't matter now.

edlllpt

Pro 1

some hypothesis
  • I guess I reached 78ovr earlier, so I had more 3/4 nba events for a few days
  • maybe you skipped more of the other events during the Harden Grind? I skipped a few, but not too many.
  • maybe you skipped more events in the closing hours of showdown? I skipped a few as well, but again not too many.
  • in the rookie campaign, even if 150 stamina could have better reward as 3x Green event, I would still play the 4 events for each of their first win each 4h.
  • the moment we finished the rookie campaign can also provoke a gap in the number of the events mentioned above
  • I'm still playing the free harden event that gets a refresh every 8h. not sure if the same is valid for the cash-locked.
  • Heat events were locked in the condition of buying shaq wasn't it? I did spend free cash in him as soon as he was launched so i got to play those 'easy' shooting events since the first opportunity.
  • Timezones and fitting Sleeptime may help or not as well. given cyclical promo events are up for 4h, you can see night-time events starting, 10 min to play them, sleep a decent 7h40, and get back in time to play the events that started 3h50 ago and then you didn't miss any of the events that day. I tried this in the first week of the game, but most of the time I do skip a '4h block' in the night as I like/need to sleep more than 7h40 xD
  • In days of new content/campaigns, this strategy of playing all events for first win as much as possible sometimes ended with me stretching nba today events til very late - specially the halfcourt events since they can drain more stamina than expected - despite that I completed them every day so far as well.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
Whoa good hypothesis edllpt
. Yup late to the 78 party
. Dint play the harden events after I completed him.. but played every event atleast once
. Rookie events played only the 40 and 50 stamina ones..
Yup those 3 would easily make the difference..
Thanks..

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
Man, I love Embiid but I won?t train him, not even close. I don?t have coins and by the time I do, I will get better players. I have 80 Shaq already and he does the job for me. I don?t need my big man to have juicy overall stats, just good inside and rebounding stats, that?s it

It will soon become free to upgrade him

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
WTF??!!

I don't think the changes have taken effect yet. Wait until the 1000 challenges tier changes to 10 elevate events. In any case, I personally think it would only be fair to leave the first three tiers as paid upgrades since others had to do it already but that's just my opinion.

That wouldn't make sense though because you could get an 80 C with +2 overall from the 78 with better stats (Cousins and Davis specifically) for just as much no one forced people to upgrade him so no need to punish those that waited many didn't do it at all because of the cost for level 1 alone wasn't worth it to people so having a clean slate is the only logical choice not to mention EA doesn't reimburse or leave in hoops to jump through so those that did something before a change feel better

some hypothesis
  • I guess I reached 78ovr earlier, so I had more 3/4 nba events for a few days
  • maybe you skipped more of the other events during the Harden Grind? I skipped a few, but not too many.
  • maybe you skipped more events in the closing hours of showdown? I skipped a few as well, but again not too many.
  • in the rookie campaign, even if 150 stamina could have better reward as 3x Green event, I would still play the 4 events for each of their first win each 4h.
  • the moment we finished the rookie campaign can also provoke a gap in the number of the events mentioned above
  • I'm still playing the free harden event that gets a refresh every 8h. not sure if the same is valid for the cash-locked.
  • Heat events were locked in the condition of buying shaq wasn't it? I did spend free cash in him as soon as he was launched so i got to play those 'easy' shooting events since the first opportunity.
  • Timezones and fitting Sleeptime may help or not as well. given cyclical promo events are up for 4h, you can see night-time events starting, 10 min to play them, sleep a decent 7h40, and get back in time to play the events that started 3h50 ago and then you didn't miss any of the events that day. I tried this in the first week of the game, but most of the time I do skip a '4h block' in the night as I like/need to sleep more than 7h40 xD
  • In days of new content/campaigns, this strategy of playing all events for first win as much as possible sometimes ended with me stretching nba today events til very late - specially the halfcourt events since they can drain more stamina than expected - despite that I completed them every day so far as well.
Well laid out. I didn't get to 78 until maybe a week ago, and I did the bronze rookie events sometimes, but more times than not it was Green and Ayton.

I also haven't touched shaq, and I haven't been quite as dedicated to Harden once I got him, but still do it maybe once a day, but over a 20 day period, that's 40 more challenges from just one event if i manage to get to 3 times a day.

betaman411

All-Star 1
WTF??!!

That wouldn't make sense though because you could get an 80 C with +2 overall from the 78 with better stats (Cousins and Davis specifically) for just as much no one forced people to upgrade him so no need to punish those that waited many didn't do it at all because of the cost for level 1 alone wasn't worth it to people so having a clean slate is the only logical choice not to mention EA doesn't reimburse or leave in hoops to jump through so those that did something before a change feel better
Actually, it makes perfect ?sense? (the 80 you describe is capped at 80 while Embiid can continue to be trained) and that?s precisely why EA won?t do it. No other outcome is ?fair? to all players but clearly that?s not a priority.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief

Actually, it makes perfect ?sense? (the 80 you describe is capped at 80 while Embiid can continue to be trained) and that?s precisely why EA won?t do it. No other outcome is ?fair? to all players but clearly that?s not a priority.

It's completely fair everyone had the chance to wait idk why anyone trained him when you could easily buy a better card that you have the ability to sell or use in a set later you can't do that with Embiid

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.