• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Showdown season3 discussions - end of the first season and the start of the second season

betaman411

All-Star 1
I?ve noticed that if I switch devices then the ads appear. I typically get 20 a day (10 in a row at 2 different times) and also noticed I get them way more often on my phone than my iPad. I just noticed I hadn?t seen any this morning so I exited the game on my iPad and started on my phone and voila.

This device-p2w is out of control :lol: I only have one Android device.

Lmfao. Another tip is to watch them all at once. Even if you?re going to go above your level stamina. Sometimes they disappear otherwise.

I?ve noticed that if I switch devices then the ads appear. I typically get 20 a day (10 in a row at 2 different times) and also noticed I get them way more often on my phone than my iPad. I just noticed I hadn?t seen any this morning so I exited the game on my iPad and started on my phone and voila.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I don't believe some of the lineups I've faced in showdown lol 83 durant, 82 cousins, gasol, it was wild. Mcgrady is invisible, I can never knock the ball lose from him even if he just caught it and is standing completely still with it in my face!!

betaman411

All-Star 1

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I don't believe some of the lineups I've faced in showdown lol 83 durant, 82 cousins, gasol, it was wild. Mcgrady is invisible, I can never knock the ball lose from him even if he just caught it and is standing completely still with it in my face!!
I was going to start a thread about some of this but since you mentioned here:

Anyone else notice that contact shots for the AI are virtually unmissable?? No matter what kind of defensive position I get on these layups or bully ball to the basket, making contact has little or no effect on the outcome of the AI?s shot. On the flip side, my scoring with contact shots seem to be few and far between.

Another observation being an 80, lots more matches with 77 or below and they?re crazy difficult. Which I should expect since a lot of my wins when I was in the 70?s came against 80 and above. Again, I?m sick and tired of EA trying to make the game more ?fair? for lower OVR?s. I?m an 80 OVR as an F2P. Sure, I?ve been playing since s1 and have saved some NBA cash but anyone playing the game right now could easily be a 79 grinding this promo alone (or the blitz events). There?s no excuse to give me and OVR advantage and then make it easier for lower OVR?s by practically fixing the matches...smfh

edlllpt

Pro 1
watch them all at once. Even if you?re going to go above your level stamina. Sometimes they disappear otherwise.
yeah I've noticed that as well and try do the same.
Mcgrady is invisible, I can never knock the ball lose from him even if he just caught it
Same regarding stealing McGrady. I'm not facing the card that often, but I think I'm yet to get a steal from him.
Anyone else notice that contact shots for the AI are virtually unmissable?? No matter what kind of defensive position I get on these layups or bully ball to the basket, making contact has little or no effect on the outcome of the AI?s shot. On the flip side, my scoring with contact shots seem to be few and far between.

Regarding shots that actually trigger shot feedback saying ' shot with contact I don't see an issue with AI shots. they do miss a lot, as I do. there are some shots whose contact is created kinda late and it still shows the same percentage, but I think some of those actually have a different true percentage associated to them. I've also noticed Vince Carter having 39% in SWC as I tried the card in a season game and I don't recall such percentages, not even in the best cards at the end of s2.
Again, I?m sick and tired of EA trying to make the game more ?fair? for lower OVR?s.

Balancing things there is hard - most of the comments here have been in the other direction, that it's too hard if you have lower ovr. In the end no one's really happy, and tbh I don't think there's an easy solution.

Cortes

Rookie 1

Another observation being an 80, lots more matches with 77 or below and they?re crazy difficult. Which I should expect since a lot of my wins when I was in the 70?s came against 80 and above. Again, I?m sick and tired of EA trying to make the game more ?fair? for lower OVR?s. I?m an 80 OVR as an F2P. Sure, I?ve been playing since s1 and have saved some NBA cash but anyone playing the game right now could easily be a 79 grinding this promo alone (or the blitz events). There?s no excuse to give me and OVR advantage and then make it easier for lower OVR?s by practically fixing the matches...smfh
I agree with all you posted.

People are playing games to have fun, but with game like NBALM you are just frustrated more often than happy. Who cares about nice promos if the gameplay sucks since S2 and now you can add broken AH to that in S3.. probably they will never fix that cuz what is broken for us, isn't for them. They are doing it on purpose cuz they want money, more and more money, but it's not like they want to give their customers good product in return, they just want money for almost nothing.. I think 'nothing' is the good word to describe what they did since S2 to make us all happy players.

It's time to try PC's FIFA'19 to play some career mode for fun and stop playing NBALM until they make some positive changes to gameplay/AH, but like I said, it's a small chance to see gameplay fixed (maybe AH) cuz it's all planned.

1-5 in the last 30 mins.
https://imgur.com/a/J2uQDy1

I'm basically invisible as a defender against the other team. They make "lucky" shot after shot, but I come down and all shots are in the circle, some smack in the middle, and MISS.

AussieMJ

Rookie 1
Use your rep to buy the master token packs in the store and finish off a Lebron and Shaq. Then you?ll just need someone like 79 Randall and you guys could all make it to top 500. Having ovr advantage and boost is making a huge difference.

betaman411, I?m 0 - 3 against you now :)

Looks like the only way I'll win is from forfeit, because right now all I'm doing is spending 20 Stamina to lose 2K fans and fall further and further down the ranks. sigh.

edlllpt

Pro 1
Up 9-2 after 1:30 and finish17-15 because perfect realease shots no longer matter and the AI has decided not to miss

but If you're allowing 15 points, I'm guessing your defense isn't being perfect either ;)

I sympathize with you here ? though as I've seen Curry passing through Trae Young's body like it was an hologram and not human body vs human body. imo, EA should adjust some cases of merging bodies and turn them into 'shots with contact' more often if necessary.
I'm basically invisible as a defender against the other team.

I'm ending the day with 1.25M so I guess I'll be fine and be able to reach the 1.5M before the deadline.
What about you all, how's the progress?

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
Up 9-2 after 1:30 and finish17-15 because perfect realease shots no longer matter and the AI has decided not to miss

Most of my showdown quarters are like these since the maintenance.. I'll be up by 8/10 and then everything that has to go wrong, goes wrong..
The shooting percentages have definitely gone down and the AI defence has definitely gotten better.. now this could be bcz we were facing golds last week and now most teams we are facing have an all elite lineup.. that's my only theory..

I've had some matches where the AI would make a shot, and it will say "Coach Bonus". Their coach would be Dantoni 05, which has the stat boost of on ball defense. What am I seeing here? Is it a glitch? Does Dantoni, a "shooting" coach, give a hidden boost other than the advertised +2, +4 on ball defense? So many questions, lol.

Also, does anyone know the rule of thumb for how it calculates lineup rating? I assume it rounds up at a certain point?

Does it calculate bench OVR the same way it calculates total OVR?

I ask because if I gather 4 elites of 80 and 1 79 and put them on the bench, it makes the bench boost maxxed, and it says 80/80.

Any help would be appreciated.

but If you're allowing 15 points, I'm guessing your defense isn't being perfect either ;)

What's the perfect defense for when the AI decides to shoot fadeaway 3s? Or when the AI is simply determined to score and no amount of tapping steal or holding guard will stop them? What do you do?

My defense sure seemed fine the first minute of the match, but then what I just described happens.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
I've had some matches where the AI would make a shot, and it will say "Coach Bonus". Their coach would be Dantoni 05, which has the stat boost of on ball defense. What am I seeing here? Is it a glitch? Does Dantoni, a "shooting" coach, give a hidden boost other than the advertised +2, +4 on ball defense? So many questions, lol.

Also, does anyone know the rule of thumb for how it calculates lineup rating? I assume it rounds up at a certain point?

I ask because if I gather 4 elites of 80 and 1 79 and put them on the bench, it makes the bench boost maxxed, and it says 80/80.

Yes overall adds up and rounds up so if your 10 players add up to 79.5 then 95% of the time it will round you up to an 80 I have had instances where it didn't round up until it was ?.7 there's also believed to be another way where you get the median of the starting lineup and the median of the bench and find that median but it comes out to the same thing anyways so I just go with the classic part of adding up all 10 players

Yes overall adds up and rounds up so if your 10 players add up to 79.5 then 95% of the time it will round you up to an 80 I have had instances where it didn't round up until it was ?.7 there's also believed to be another way where you get the median of the starting lineup and the median of the bench and find that median but it comes out to the same thing anyways so I just go with the classic part of adding up all 10 players

Thanks. I wasn't sure if it factored in the inside stats as well, somehow (I am aware that in some cases a boost will increase a players OVR).

I was further was from 80 than I thought. Adding Lebron gets me to 791 and need 795. 4 points! Have been searching for a 79 rated SG all day to replace the beloved 75 Danny Geeen on the bench.

Anyone have any clue how I can add 4 points in a kinda short time? Embiid is 78, Capela is 79, Green is 75 and Gordom is 79.

I know if I could replace green with a 79 that would do it but as I said I have no luck finding a 79 SG and I'm not thrilled with losing the bonus but if it means I finally win more than I lose I'll get rid of the bonus. All that's left is Embiid and that requires 1000 challenges and who knows how many coins they will decide lol

Found a 79 Luca with 3 hours to go, at the preadjust price. 29k bid, 34 BN. 3 hours to go. That would definitely be the quickest way, just spend the 34k which is an overpay and I'm like 20k short because I spent a bunch trying to grab for 80 Lebron

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief

Thanks. I wasn't sure if it factored in the inside stats as well, somehow (I am aware that in some cases a boost will increase a players OVR).

I was further was from 80 than I thought. Adding Lebron gets me to 791 and need 795. 4 points! Have been searching for a 79 rated SG all day to replace the beloved 75 Danny Geeen on the bench.

Anyone have any clue how I can add 4 points in a kinda short time? Embiid is 78, Capela is 79, Green is 75 and Gordom is 79.

I know if I could replace green with a 79 that would do it but as I said I have no luck finding a 79 SG and I'm not thrilled with losing the bonus but if it means I finally win more than I lose I'll get rid of the bonus. All that's left is Embiid and that requires 1000 changes and who knows how many coins they will decide lol

As cards get boosts added to them then cards getting boosted up an overall will become way more prevalent but as for your lineup getting a 79 SG would be the only logical choice in your situation Doncic or Harris would work

Sorry I tried to send this earlier and it thought I did but I guess I closed the page before it went through so I just typed it up again after noticing it didn't go through but you did say you were 20k short of getting a Doncic which is not good at all you never want to drain all of your coins always leave some comfortable room left

you did say you were 20k short of getting a Doncic which is not good at all you never want to drain all of your coins always leave some comfortable room left

Yes, I usually try to have a comfortable amount, I really thought getting Lebron would push me to 80 so I went all in. Looking back, I was just being rounded up to 79 before lebron. I'll get something going somehow

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakito
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.