• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Showdown season3 discussions - end of the first season and the start of the second season

Playing for a solid hour and I?ve gone up 16,000 fans

6/24 now after an hour and a half, 2 of those wins were forfeits

The story of my life. Down to a T, lol. The past 2 days have been absolute murder for me. I will win 2 or 3 in a short time, and then lose 8-12 next lol. Wash and repeat. At a certain point, it's like EA finally feels bad for me and I'll win a 5-6 out of 9-10 games. Then, immediately comes the losing again lol... Increased my OVR from 77 to 79 but it's the same thing over and over lol. The 1 point losses hurt the most, along with the one's where I finally outscore the opp by 10-15 and STILL lose.

This may help if you like to steal like I do:

I have found that after you score a bucket it's best to just get back on defense instead of going for the inbound steal. The inbound steal works much more against lower rated AI, but it's very hit or miss in SD and your defender getting out of position way in the back court just forces your teammates to try to compensate and that's when all hell breaks loose lol.

Honestly, I dont know, I'm trying just about anything out there to win by a point if I have to. I just want to reach legend, I never have done it before, and have never tried.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3

The story of my life. Down to a T, lol. The past 2 days have been absolute murder for me. I will win 2 or 3 in a short time, and then lose 8-12 next lol. Wash and repeat. At a certain point, it's like EA finally feels bad for me and I'll win a 5-6 out of 9-10 games. Then, immediately comes the losing again lol... Increased my OVR from 77 to 79 but it's the same thing over and over lol. The 1 point losses hurt the most, along with the one's where I finally outscore the opp by 10-15 and STILL lose.

I have found that after you score a bucket it's best to just get back on defense instead of going for the inbound steal. The inbound steal works much more against lower rated AI, but it's very hit or miss in SD and your defender getting out of position way in the back court just forces your teammates to try to compensate and that's when all hell breaks loose lol.

Honestly, I dont know, I'm trying just about anything out there to win by a point if I have to. I just want to reach legend, I never have done it before, and have never tried.

+1 on the steal tip.. this season the inbound steal is much more tougher as the players are way slower(gold/low elite speed effect maybe).. u can also speed up ur defense setting up by pressing auto play and then going back to manual

AussieMJ

Rookie 1
This has probably been the worst day I?ve ever had in this game, it?s so unbelievably bad, and they want us to complete sd in half the amount of time.

+1 on the steal tip.. this season the inbound steal is much more tougher as the players are way slower(gold/low elite speed effect maybe).. u can also speed up ur defense setting up by pressing auto play and then going back to manual

I tried the auto play to set up the defense and had mixed results but I think I left it on auto play for too long, though. I usually tried to go back manual as they crossed half court but it always seemed to be too late for me. Gonna try to do it sooner and see how it works because it sucks just sitting off screen on manual and not know where i'm at lol

This has probably been the worst day I?ve ever had in this game, it?s so unbelievably bad, and they want us to complete sd in half the amount of time.

I just said this to myself a few hours ago!!!

I wonder how many of us are struggling like this, lol. I hate comparing myself to the leaderboard because obviously they may have more resources to buy cards, or heck they may just be better than me, but I always see a steady climb from most of the ones ahead of me. I actually started playing when the season started and got to about 50K fans and was surprised to see that was enough for like top 150!! I'd never been that high before so I figured I'd keep going since I had the rookie coach and 2 rookie players. it was going so friggin well the first day lmao. I think I reached maybe 30 as the day progressed which wasn't easy, but the wins were much more frequent. the first day and a half.

I fell to about 80 by the end of the first day with I think 130K fans. 1st had 250K or more. Figured I'd try to maintain top 100, silly me! lol. I was a 77 OVR at the start, and it just got harder and harder. One day I faced TWO opponents lower than me lol.

Dropped out of top 100,, soon fell out of top 200, soon feel out of top 300 and now I dont know if I'll reach legend lmfao. I'm still gonna try for top 500, but if I have 1 or 2 days like today that's probably not gonna happen.

I wouldn't be so sour if they could tweak a few things like the offensive rebounding, the AI going full on brute force with no way to stop it, and make the cold streaks a little less cold. In theory other users have to battle against my AI for rebounds and go thru cold streaks as well, but I wish they'd battle them more instead of stomping my team 28- 4 lol.

I have to say thanks for this because even though I tried it before, your post made me try again and realized that on a missed shot I no longer have to get stuck trying to drag a big man back on defense (it sucks)

It continues lol...Go up 10-20k fans, immediately lose 20k fans....I thought this wouldn't happen as my lineup got better.

Lbjgoat23

Rookie 1
Im literally losing my mind on how broken the gameplay in this game is. The opponents AI ridiculous fadeaway threes and ridiculous contested shot makes especially by center with a very low mid range or three rating, ridiculous offensive rebounding especially by point guards or shooting guards who have around 60 offensive rebounding or less, ridiculous stealing mechanisms such as the steal recoveries by the AI and the ridiculous stealing mechanism when the ball is going out of bounds. While on the actual players side of BS on showdown, the ridiculous miss dunks, especially missed layups that are 100 percent rating, the bs mechanism of the player?s ai not rebounding the ball and just letting the ball go out of bounds even if the ball can be recovered and lastly the ridiculous consecutive missed threes attempts. I feel like the game will give you a couple games maybe 2 - 4 showdown games where you will hit most of your shots but after that, everyone of your next showdown games you will make around 2/6 of your threes and even miss wide open jumpshots. This game is all about having a higher rated players than your opponent in showdown, you have a higher chance of winning even if your elite players stats are not that great. I feel like the actual rating stats of each players are just numbers that EA randomly puts on every card and that it really does not matter at all. NBA 2K MOBILE MYTEAM is way better than this, almost everyweek they improve the gameplay and add new promos and players which are grindable. The only thing that the game lacks is the auction house, if NBA 2K MOBILE MYTEAM will have an auction house then I will jump on the bandwagon and never play this game again. That game is not pay to win just like NBA LIVE MOBILE and are really rewarding the players who grind and login everyday. Just by logging in everyday, you might have great players due to their login reward system. Lastly, you really feel the difference in each player in NBA 2K MOBILE unlike in NBA LIVE MOBILE that every player looks the same.

It continues lol...Go up 10-20k fans, immediately lose 20k fans....I thought this wouldn't happen as my lineup got better.

what's your rank at the moment?

What's yours? Also, will you finally share with some of us how to go 34-6? :shock: :shock:

Im literally losing my mind on how broken the gameplay in this game is. The opponents AI ridiculous fadeaway threes and ridiculous contested shot makes especially by center with a very low mid range or three rating, ridiculous offensive rebounding especially by point guards or shooting guards who have around 60 offensive rebounding or less, ridiculous stealing mechanisms such as the steal recoveries by the AI and the ridiculous stealing mechanism when the ball is going out of bounds. While on the actual players side of BS on showdown, the ridiculous miss dunks, especially missed layups that are 100 percent rating, the bs mechanism of the player?s ai not rebounding the ball and just letting the ball go out of bounds even if the ball can be recovered and lastly the ridiculous consecutive missed threes attempts. I feel like the game will give you a couple games maybe 2 - 4 showdown games where you will hit most of your shots but after that, everyone of your next showdown games you will make around 2/6 of your threes and even miss wide open jumpshots. This game is all about having a higher rated players than your opponent in showdown, you have a higher chance of winning even if your elite players stats are not that great. I feel like the actual rating stats of each players are just numbers that EA randomly puts on every card and that it really does not matter at all. NBA 2K MOBILE MYTEAM is way better than this, almost everyweek they improve the gameplay and add new promos and players which are grindable. The only thing that the game lacks is the auction house, if NBA 2K MOBILE MYTEAM will have an auction house then I will jump on the bandwagon and never play this game again. That game is not pay to win just like NBA LIVE MOBILE and are really rewarding the players who grind and login everyday. Just by logging in everyday, you might have great players due to their login reward system. Lastly, you really feel the difference in each player in NBA 2K MOBILE unlike in NBA LIVE MOBILE that every player looks the same.

I will be honest, I am only about half-way thru reading this, but I feel your pain. Stay strong in the fight lol. Hopefully your next pro pack has an elite

I must be the only one winning SD matches but getting pounded in lvl by lower OVR's?!

Depending on the day, I'll get pounded in both lol. Lately it's been the opposite. Struggle showdown, Usually do well in LvL, but yes, I have had days where I'll opp 5 lower in LVL and maybe win 7-6 (which is basically getting pounded in my book, lol. that much of an advantage and win by 1 in lvl?) game's weird sometimes

edlllpt

Pro 1
I must be the only one winning SD matches but getting pounded in lvl by lower OVR's?!

Depending on the day, I'll get pounded in both lol. Lately it's been the opposite. Struggle showdown, Usually do well in LvL, but yes, I have had days where I'll opp 5 lower in LVL and maybe win 7-6 (which is basically getting pounded in my book, lol. that much of an advantage and win by 1 in lvl?) game's weird sometimes

I've tied a LvL* quarter 7-7 this season - also in a quarter that apparently had advantage for me, but most of the time I am getting decent margins. Often the opponents are not being competitive enough, so that's helping.

edlllpt

Pro 1
What's yours? Also, will you finally share with some of us how to go 34-6? :shock: :shock:

I'm in the same tier then. I'm around 450th. 67-16 is the current W/L.

And I guess I've told what matters - competitive ovr, not trying to be that close to the top early.

In gameplay, Shoot ASAP, inbound steal, no switch button, make sure to limit contested shots.
And if the AI succeeds in crazy shots you may very well try to replicate that and use that in your favor.

I'm in the same tier then. I'm around 450th. 67-16 is the current W/L.

And I guess I've told what matters - competitive ovr, not trying to be that close to the top early.

In gameplay, Shoot ASAP, inbound steal, no switch button, make sure to limit contested shots.
And if the AI succeeds in crazy shots you may very well try to replicate that and use that in your favor.

Which coach do you use? Elite Thibodeau looks to be the best but I never see him on the AH and can't afford him right now. I got Dantoni gold a couple hours ago and noticed a difference, with +4 ball pressure.

I agree, sometimes when the AI makes crazy shots it seems like we are allowed, too lol. I find trading with the AI still is a bad ending for me lol.

Inbound steal....I kept getting burned by trying it, but every now and then it works very well. What's been your strategy for inbound stealing this season?

Oh wow, I just noticed why pretty much ALL the top ranked are using Thibodeau. He's got a special showdown bonus this week of 25%, add to the offseason bonus of 50%, that's incredible! Not to mention having fully matched Thibideau increases all players steal by 7 which I'm sure makes winning a little easier to do lol

edlllpt

Pro 1
Which coach do you use? Elite Thibodeau looks to be the best but I never see him on the AH and can't afford him right now. I got Dantoni gold a couple hours ago and noticed a difference, with +4 ball pressure.

I agree, sometimes when the AI makes crazy shots it seems like we are allowed, too lol. I find trading with the AI still is a bad ending for me lol.

Inbound steal....I kept getting burned by trying it, but every now and then it works very well. What's been your strategy for inbound stealing this season?

D'Antoni'05 from the current promo. I don't think the coach style matters much at the moment.
+4 obd should help a bit but I also doubt it's crucial.
If the boosts somehow end helping your ovr then yes, it matters a lot

Regarding steals I try something like this https://i.imgur.com/fI9vRNZ.gifv
Gotta make sure you're in a good position that allows you to recover if you don't succeed and sometimes you see in advance that you won't be in position to succeed, so no point in risking it all in some possessions.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.