• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Showdown season3 discussions - end of the first season and the start of the second season

Which coach do you use? Elite Thibodeau looks to be the best but I never see him on the AH and can't afford him right now. I got Dantoni gold a couple hours ago and noticed a difference, with +4 ball pressure.

I agree, sometimes when the AI makes crazy shots it seems like we are allowed, too lol. I find trading with the AI still is a bad ending for me lol.

Inbound steal....I kept getting burned by trying it, but every now and then it works very well. What's been your strategy for inbound stealing this season?

D'Antoni'05 from the current promo. I don't think the coach style matters much at the moment.
+4 obd should help a bit but I also doubt it's crucial.
If the boosts somehow end helping your ovr then yes, it matters a lot

Regarding steals I try something like this https://i.imgur.com/fI9vRNZ.gifv
Gotta make sure you're in a good position that allows you to recover if you don't succeed and sometimes you see in advance that you won't be in position to succeed, so no point in risking it all in some possessions.

Yes, that gif shows the best way to do it. easy to recover that way. I was trying that way a lot but kept getting burned and they toss the ball ahead and score easily lol.

It's great for easy baskets when it works, though. I'll see if I can integrate it with my current strategy.

As I kinda said earlier, I just get back and apply pressure when they get to the 3 point line. I try not to keep continuous on the guard button unless they are moving, which leads to a lot of offensive fouls.

I agree the +4 obd may not be crucial, but I noticed a big difference. It even feels like they rebound better, but that may be because on defense I try to help in the middle if I can.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
I guess I have to join u guys right now.. loss after loss since yesterday's maintenance.. really weird gameplay.. I have been missing shots which I have been making for the last week.. weird turnovers.. AI gets whole lot of loose balls.. losing all the rebounds.. sort of a Murphy's law situation..
have been in a similar situation last year which only changed bcz h2h became showdown.. hope it's not that again and just the usual EA tricks..

I guess I have to join u guys right now.. loss after loss since yesterday's maintenance.. really weird gameplay.. I have been missing shots which I have been making for the last week.. weird turnovers.. AI gets whole lot of loose balls.. losing all the rebounds.. sort of a Murphy's law situation..
have been in a similar situation last year which only changed bcz h2h became showdown.. hope it's not that again and just the usual EA tricks..

The lows can get quite low....it's more predictable than not, but every now and then there's a wrench of some sort thrown in. When I see I'm against 81, I know I am probably in trouble and need to hold opp under 8 and score at least 18. Well, that plan didn't work, wound up losing 7-8 but some crazy way my AI managed to win 4-2 lol. It happened right at the heart of the continuous losing. I had to start taking screenshots of the scores, and my match history. I may share some later, lol.

(FYI I find match history to be chronological with most recent at the top UNTIL you close the app, then it's different)

edlllpt

Pro 1
I guess I have to join u guys right now.. loss after loss since yesterday's maintenance.. really weird gameplay..
wound up losing 7-8 but some crazy way my AI managed to win 4-2 lol.

Are you losing some of your own quarters as well, @anatdoc or just opponents having better winning margins?

This season I've lost one match with both of us losing - 10-15 vs 8-11. also had 6-8 loss vs 8-8,

If I'm checking the achievement numbers right, there were two other matches for a total of 4 in 83 in which I didn't win my manual quarter, but I don't remember those in specific - they were probably ties.

And Are you guys having ads to watch? Today I gave priority to the first wins in events and level-ups are not being as fast, so without these I'm still waiting for stamina to play SD.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
Ya had an occasional ad here and there.. but like a single ad
Losses were usually due to margins.. lost a couple of matches to lower ovr when I was leading +10-13 too.. but most were less than that.. I think the opponent had a losing quarter just once.
But part of the losses is obviously poor decisions on my part.. sd fatigue to some extent..

And Are you guys having ads to watch? Today I gave priority to the first wins in events and level-ups are not being as fast, so without these I'm still waiting for stamina to play SD.

I'd be dead if I didn't have ads to watch. I try to grind out any and all cash I can via achievements, and try to crank out ads whenever possible. If you get the full amount of ads, it's about 10 games worth of SD.

It definitely pays to choose wisely if you have low stamina but are close to leveling up. This morn I had 30 stamina, was 300 xP til next level and I chose the Raptors even to defend against Spurs and lost on buzzer beater. I had the choice of doing the last legacy but wanted the silver from the raptor event. The Legacy would have pretty much 100 percent leveled me up since the events are easy, but you of course get a bronze + player. Forced me to wait 30 more minutes to level up by that bad choice lol (I picked legacy when i finally had 30 stamina).

I got lucky and pulled my elite Porzingiz from one of the legacy events. I dont know what the chances of that happening are, but when it says bronze + they do mean it lol. (i have gotten a silver a couple times). No golds, but of course it's only a new legacy reward once a day, now (except for the new campaign rollouts, etc).

I forget, didn't you say you weren't able to watch ads? I remember reading some in different countries couldn't watch Ads.

Like I said, I have survived because of them, but I know for sure I have watched over a hundred that I didn't get stamina for LOL, so that part sucks but that's how it goes.

edlllpt

Pro 1
I got lucky and pulled my elite Porzingiz from one of the legacy events.
I forget, didn't you say you weren't able to watch ads? I remember reading some in different countries couldn't watch Ads.

Great pull!

And I didn't have ads in s2 after the change to stamina reward instead of cash. But I'm having them since the start of s3, yet in the last two days I'm having only 1 ad popping up occasionally and no more.

Great pull!

And I didn't have ads in s2 after the change to stamina reward instead of cash. But I'm having them since the start of s3, yet in the last two days I'm having only 1 ad popping up occasionally and no more.

If you haven't, you should uninstall and reinstall the app. That's a fix for when it dries up like that in my experience. Also, you can get some surprise stamina by uninstalling and reinstalling as well.

Like 7 straight matches of 68-69 % open look, off target 3's all game. Not even kidding when I say 7!! Over the 7 match period, I may have made 5 total 3's lol....Good luck getting to 16 points shooting like that. Needless to say, I lost every one. I wish EA would just put a little ice cube next to my picture with a number that says how many more matches until it will go away. It'd suck, but it would at least make some sense, and I wouldn't go into matches thinking I can maybe make 3's again.

Then would come us being able to remove the ice cube for a fee of some sort (rep, coins, cash, idk).

The drought FINALLY ends on game 8. Brutal.

560K fans in 2 and a half days. Legend isn't looking so good and top 500 is also at risk as I fall from 322 to almost 400.

I got my hopes up because on day one it looked invevitable that I'd reach 1.5M. Finished the day with like close to 200K and didn't play a ton of matches. Now? i dont even know if I'll reach Supersar 3 with how these matches are going lol.

Oh well. Im just glad I've managed to not destroy my device, small things in life.

AussieMJ

Rookie 1
I've reached 80 ovr and everything changed, I'm getting rebounds, they're missing shots, getting at least 3 steals a match against 79's and sometimes 80's. I'm not even playing with the bonus anymore, I bought '05 D'Antoni because I had more shooting players. The path to legend looks easier now. I hope you guys can get there.

betaman411

All-Star 1
I've reached 80 ovr and everything changed, I'm getting rebounds, they're missing shots, getting at least 3 steals a match against 79's and sometimes 80's. I'm not even playing with the bonus anymore, I bought '05 D'Antoni because I had more shooting players. The path to legend looks easier now. I hope you guys can get there.

I agree. Big difference in the jump to 80. I needed to build Shaq to keep 80 in SD with the bonus but well worth it.

That is awesome news and definitely something to look forward to lol. I must be at 79.90 because I felt a similar kind boost almost all of a sudden, but I don't show 80. I'm just glad I'm opposing other 79s than anything so I feel like I have a chance to win if I am focused. I'll need 400k fans in the next two days and I don't know if I have that in me lol.

I agree. Big difference in the jump to 80. I needed to build Shaq to keep 80 in SD with the bonus but well worth it.

Gonna cross my fingers that 80 Lebron will get me to 80.

betaman411

All-Star 1

Just when I was on a roll another 80 beat me 21-0. And I won like 17-4. Those kind of matches are so deflating.

Just when I was on a roll another 80 beat me 21-0. And I won like 17-4. Those kind of matches are so deflating.

Yes they are.....I will adjust expectations lol,....hopefully being at 80 means those types are at least less frequent.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3

Same here.. lost a match to a 79 ovr.. I put in 20-5.. thinking sure win.. he gets 20-4...smh.. but noticed a trend.. ull have a string of losses Nd then a string of wins.. unless ur one of the really good players or maybe at 82 ovr.. and layups are ur friends

betaman411

All-Star 1

Great pull!

If you haven't, you should uninstall and reinstall the app. That's a fix for when it dries up like that in my experience. Also, you can get some surprise stamina by uninstalling and reinstalling as well.
I?ve noticed that if I switch devices then the ads appear. I typically get 20 a day (10 in a row at 2 different times) and also noticed I get them way more often on my phone than my iPad. I just noticed I hadn?t seen any this morning so I exited the game on my iPad and started on my phone and voila.

Great pull!

I?ve noticed that if I switch devices then the ads appear. I typically get 20 a day (10 in a row at 2 different times) and also noticed I get them way more often on my phone than my iPad. I just noticed I hadn?t seen any this morning so I exited the game on my iPad and started on my phone and voila.

Ohhhh that's definitely a nice find. It does appear device oriented because the uninstall only works once or twice a day. Both Apple devices? I feel like I only get 10 in a row for a 24 hour period, on iPad.

edlllpt

Pro 1

This device-p2w is out of control :lol: I only have one Android device.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.