• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Season 3 Auction House observations

I've tried every price range available but can't sell any elites! I'm starting to think that elite cards go into purgatory no matter the price range. Meanwhile the bot posts cards for no less than 200k but won't buy any elite. Here are just a couple examples...
Here someone suggested that the buy price was too high....
iSZ3ZiA.jpg

So I lowered the buy price and still nothing....
ADx6Sc9.jpg

I've tried EVERY price range 100-75k, 100-100k, 50k-100k, 50k-120k, 75k-100k, 75k-120k, 75k-150k, and so on, and so on and it just keeps expiring without a bid. This is definitely an EA tactic to severely limit our coins early. Trying to sell a player has now become a grind. This is no fun!

Do u think this is happening bcz people are just not buying elites.. or it's a planned EA tactic?
I feel like it has to be a tactic. I'd easily buy an elite for 50-150k, but when the bot refuses to buy elites at even the range of 100 coins to 150k then proceeds to list elites at 200k+, therein lies a huge problem.

Altavilla

Pro 1
Ok, now that we have more info on the AH it's possible to make some coins trading cards but the caps at work limit things too much. It went from feeling like a heavily regulated market to not feeling like a market at all (not a good thing).

If the problem was that EA wanted to keep team OVR's low they could do it just by limiting the OVR's of new cards. The problem is that EA wants to give pay-to-play players an even greater advantage then they had last season, in order to make the stuff they sell in the game more valuable.
But this is very risky because, in the process they may end up driving fight-to-play players away from the game, and that about kills any game. They probably think this is a good time to do risky stuff like this, due to 2K having failed at it recently (and they probably also know there's no similar game coming out too soon).
As a player I don't like this constant testing from EA. I think they have a good thing here that they should take good care of. This is probably the next big wave (think about a VR version of this in 5-10 years) and it's likely to be bigger than their more traditional console games (if it's not already). So EA should have a more conservative and careful strategy, aimed at sustainable growth (more players) and not start "milking the cow" so soon.

Altavilla

Pro 1
That strategy also risks driving P2P players away from the game, once some figure out that those 100 bucks will have to be a monthly fee instead of a one-off to give a push at the start. So yeah, EA should at least take a step back on this.

66RuckerPark

Rookie 1
Theres several reasons why the card isnt selling. First you gotta understand that the bot is relisting your card with a minimum bid of 201k (if youre lucky). Alot of people dont have that many coins yet, although many have achieved this amount or more, or even bought coins over this amount by now. Second your pricing is terrible because youre ripping yourself off if you were to get the card sold (75k/150k). Third theres many Giannis cards up and he isnt a card ppl are checking for and if someone was specifically lookin to pick up a Giannis card you have to be lucky that they buy your replica/mirror card (I just checked the AH and theres 13 Giannis cards up and one of them has a fan boost).

edlllpt

Pro 1
I've tried EVERY price range 100-75k, 100-100k, 50k-100k, 50k-120k, 75k-100k, 75k-120k, 75k-150k, and so on, and so on and it just keeps expiring without a bid. This is definitely an EA tactic to severely limit our coins early. Trying to sell a player has now become a grind. This is no fun!

Try stuff around the bottom of the range instead. if the minimum we see is 202k, try values similar to 190k, 195k, 200k, 202k, 210k, 225k.

Low starting bid doesn't help you at all this season, from what one can gather around here. it's all about a buy-now in the right range.

Theres several reasons why the card isnt selling. First you gotta understand that the bot is relisting your card with a minimum bid of 201k (if youre lucky). Alot of people dont have that many coins yet, although many have achieved this amount or more, or even bought coins over this amount by now. Second your pricing is terrible because youre ripping yourself off if you were to get the card sold (75k/150k). Third theres many Giannis cards up and he isnt a card ppl are checking for and if someone was specifically lookin to pick up a Giannis card you have to be lucky that they buy your replica/mirror card (I just checked the AH and theres 13 Giannis cards up and one of them has a fan boost).
Try stuff around the bottom of the range instead. if the minimum we see is 202k, try values similar to 190k, 195k, 200k, 202k, 210k, 225k.

Low starting bid doesn't help you at all this season, from what one can gather around here. it's all about a buy-now in the right range.

@edlllpt I've tried every value from 100 coins to 300k coins
@66RuckerPark with not just Giannis but with 80 Booker and 80 Simmons as well. I'm not worried about ripping myself off. The point is the 3 elites are not selling at ANY price. You might have a point with your first reason. It does look like the bot is posting duplicates at 200k despite what users post them at.

Cortes

Rookie 1

@edlllpt I've tried every value from 100 coins to 300k coins
@66RuckerPark with not just Giannis but with 80 Booker and 80 Simmons as well. I'm not worried about ripping myself off. The point is the 3 elites are not selling at ANY price. You might have a point with your first reason. It does look like the bot is posting duplicates at 200k despite what users post them at.
I sold 80 Butler at 188k/199k aftr 50 minutes (couldn't do it before when my BN was over 200k).. if I was you I'd try to not change 'buy now' (always at 199.999) and put starting price at 175k, if still nothing happens try 170k/199k, then 165k/199k. I'm pretty sure 199.999 BN is perfect for these 80 cards, it's just a question how long you will wait until it's sold (this is kinda lottery with that stupid bot).

BWU

Rookie 1
I?ve been trying to see my 80 draymond green and 82 Emeka okafor but no matter what price I put them up for they won?t sell :( please help

aramwot

Rookie 3
Staff member
Founder
Ok, now that we have more info on the AH it's possible to make some coins trading cards but the caps at work limit things too much. It went from feeling like a heavily regulated market to not feeling like a market at all (not a good thing).

If the problem was that EA wanted to keep team OVR's low they could do it just by limiting the OVR's of new cards. The problem is that EA wants to give pay-to-play players an even greater advantage then they had last season, in order to make the stuff they sell in the game more valuable.
But this is very risky because, in the process they may end up driving fight-to-play players away from the game, and that about kills any game. They probably think this is a good time to do risky stuff like this, due to 2K having failed at it recently (and they probably also know there's no similar game coming out too soon).
As a player I don't like this constant testing from EA. I think they have a good thing here that they should take good care of. This is probably the next big wave (think about a VR version of this in 5-10 years) and it's likely to be bigger than their more traditional console games (if it's not already). So EA should have a more conservative and careful strategy, aimed at sustainable growth (more players) and not start "milking the cow" so soon.

Well said.

Well said.

Have you seen that 90% of the elites of 80 always in the purchase price now end in 001?

Stryker377

Rookie 1
I?ve only been able to sell an 81 ovr Pau Gasol for about 218k. However I?ve put up 82 ovr Melo and 82 ovr Kawhi up for auction with all sorts of price ranges about 13 times but with no success. It?s getting to be annoying seeing the expired notification for both of those cards! Lol

Altavilla

Pro 1
It seems the AH is shaping up a bit. I hope it keeps improving.

On the upside, golds are selling (a little bit anyway).
Not possible to get the profit margins we could in season 2, but those margins were unreal anyway. It's starting to look a bit more like a market.

On the downside, elites don't sell (or rarely do).
Since my team is entirely made out of 80 ovr elites, this means that i delay to the max trying to upgrade my team, until I know for how much I can sell the card leaving my team.

Have you seen that 90% of the elites of 80 always in the purchase price now end in 001?
Why will that be? :?:

I do see this quite often, maybe higher than 90 % now. I do the same with most items I lost as well, though, so idk if it's people just following suit like I did. I do it because I find it's easier to sell that way, at least for golds. I haven't sold an elite after many tries but I've been listing unpopular big men so who knows

Altavilla

Pro 1
There's a bunch of 80 elites being listed (and sniped) at under 70k and even at under 60k. And not the usual Beal/Porter/Wiggins crowd.
What's your take on this? Is it worth it to get any of those, hoping for that "good value" trade set Waggoner has mentioned?

Has anyone been selling any?

There's a bunch of 80 elites being listed (and sniped) at under 70k and even at under 60k. And not the usual Beal/Porter/Wiggins crowd.
What's your take on this? Is it worth it to get any of those, hoping for that "good value" trade set Waggoner has mentioned?

That's interesting! I saw a Jokic, Lillard get sold unde 70 and base Derozan listed under 50. Idk what to make of it. Maybe there's a cap on elites all this time and the cap is actually in the 80s or something? Those 80 and under cards are the only ones I've seen where it looks like a human did the prices after all.

Altavilla

Pro 1

That's interesting! I saw a Jokic, Lillard get sold unde 70 and base Derozan listed under 50. Idk what to make of it. Maybe there's a cap on elites all this time and the cap is actually in the 80s or something? Those 80 and under cards are the only ones I've seen where it looks like a human did the prices after all.

The AH is back to a "Beals only" under 70k scenario :(

The "good value" that would make sense for me would be if we could trade 2x 80's for 1x 81, given that you can't sell 80's. But with EA you never know. And if you can sell 80's I guess it changes things a bit, at least from EA's perspective.

I got a Jokic for 49,995 and I'm not sure if I made a good deal, even with it being an excellent snipe. I don't need him in my lineup, but I can have some fun playing a few Season games with him that should keep me entertained for a while :)

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakito
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.