• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Season 3 Auction House observations

There's a bunch of 80 elites being listed (and sniped) at under 70k and even at under 60k. And not the usual Beal/Porter/Wiggins crowd.
What's your take on this? Is it worth it to get any of those, hoping for that "good value" trade set Waggoner has mentioned?

Has anyone been selling any?

That's interesting! I saw a Jokic, Lillard get sold unde 70 and base Derozan listed under 50. Idk what to make of it. Maybe there's a cap on elites all this time and the cap is actually in the 80s or something? Those 80 and under cards are the only ones I've seen where it looks like a human did the prices after all.

The AH is back to a "Beals only" under 70k scenario :(

The "good value" that would make sense for me would be if we could trade 2x 80's for 1x 81, given that you can't sell 80's. But with EA you never know. And if you can sell 80's I guess it changes things a bit, at least from EA's perspective.

I got a Jokic for 49,995 and I'm not sure if I made a good deal, even with it being an excellent snipe. I don't need him in my lineup, but I can have some fun playing a few Season games with him that should keep me entertained for a while :)

Im seeing them appear every now and then, still. Definitely more regularly than usual, it seems. I still have so many questions, lol. Did someone just happen to post in that range and finally sell? Is that closer to the range that EA will actually pay us out when bought? Were they actually posted by EA but without the 1 coin difference for a reason?

I guess I'll take one for the team and try selling an elite closer to that range. I'll report how it goes.

Listed Lillard at 75/85, so far, nothing. I've seen when a bid has been placed on some of my golds before its expired. Are those actual people or is that the bot?

edlllpt

Pro 1
Listed Lillard at 75/85, so far, nothing. I've seen when a bid has been placed on some of my golds before its expired. Are those actual people or is that the bot?

If you're seeing Lillards being sold for 60 something , it's natural that the bot's not gonna bid 75k

People that finally sold some base elites recently talked about values around 58k.

Bids placed on your golds are basically the bot judgement of the value of the card based on info collected with mirrors' market - not just your card - that actual people are bidding on. at least that's I think it is.

They definitely had to have done some tweaking. There are literally NO Beals over 80K but just a week ago they were usually around 100 but it the exception to find them where they are now.

If you're seeing Lillards being sold for 60 something , it's natural that the bot's not gonna bid 75k

People that finally sold some base elites recently talked about values around 58k.

Bids placed on your golds are basically the bot judgement of the value of the card based on info collected with mirrors' market - not just your card - that actual people are bidding on. at least that's I think it is.

Yes, I figured similar, so lowered it to 58999/88999. Of course now the BN is probably too high for the "bot"

They definitely had to have done some tweaking. There are literally NO Beals over 80K but just a week ago they were usually around 100 but it the exception to find them where they are now.

Yeah, they adjusted something during maintenance this week. Buckeye had a video where he made 4.2M coins off the AH after ripping open #trending packs. I think they programmed the bot to start purchasing more cards. I also think a lot of the snipes people are getting are server drops. It'll be interesting to see what happens to the price of golds once the Tip-off promo arrives.

From what I understand, they want the older promo cards to be available to people to build their gameplay lineups. So, I expect the price of Offseason Movers and #trending cards to steadily drop as higher OVR cards are released.

Altavilla

Pro 1

Yeah, they adjusted something during maintenance this week. Buckeye had a video where he made 4.2M coins off the AH after ripping open #trending packs. I think they programmed the bot to start purchasing more cards. I also think a lot of the snipes people are getting are server drops. It'll be interesting to see what happens to the price of golds once the Tip-off promo arrives.

From what I understand, they want the older promo cards to be available to people to build their gameplay lineups. So, I expect the price of Offseason Movers and #trending cards to steadily drop as higher OVR cards are released.

Nice video that sheds (not at all related to ?two sheds? Jackson hehe) some light into this. Thanks for the tip.

However there isn?t any 80 ovr sells in it, and those are the ones i have to sell, apart from a 81 Carter that i?ve been trying to sell for ages now (let?s see if i can finally sell that). I have a duplicate Oladipo and I?ll let the forum know if I manage to sell it.

From watching Buckeye?s video I realized something important: if I had those millions I still wouldn?t buy any new player to my lineup. The highest ovr you can get in my AH are 82?s. And there?re already 85?s coming out. Sometimes a 83 KD shows up but at 800k... :(

Anyway, i feel the game is moving in the right direction and maybe players can engage in some long awaited team-building soon. If so that should allow more team diversity (a lot of teams have the same starting 5 right now).

@Jack_george: I think the ?1 coin difference? thing is the bot?s response when any card is not selling (within the price limits game devs set the card to).

I don't think there's much value in selling an 80 OVR elite right now. You might as well wait until the Tip-Off promo and see what you can trade it for. There is the occasional 83-84 #trending player in the AH but for the most part no-one wants to sell those cards. Once higher OVR cards are released they will start popping up in the AH but by then you may not want them anymore.

Also, a lot of users don't know the cap for the cards they're trying to sell. That's one of the biggest issues with the AH right now. The cap for 83-84 #trending cards is somewhere between 500-550k. Those are the prices which are appearing in the AH. They get sniped immediately so there is no way for sellers to search for the cards and find the right BIN price. In FIFA, they tell you the price range for each card but at the moment we're in the dark.

I saw one dude sold a base elite for 48k. I wouldn't bother at that price.

Altavilla

Pro 1
1M... nice :)

50k reference seems a much more realistic price for 80?s. However, in a week or so with the first Next Gen 84 players being claimed, it may already be a too high price.
According to EA latest prices, this would place 81?s at 100k, 82?s at 200k, 83?s at 400k, and the rest is blurry.

I wish things were a little bit more flexible so that I could build my team a bit to my personal liking.
Right now I?m a 81 ovr and the players I use are pretty much the same as every other 81 ovr?s I see out there:
Westbrook
Harden
LBJ
Griffin
Gobert (most players use Embiid or Shaq)

betaman411

All-Star 1
The biggest problem I see with the AH is they?ve lost correlation to the value of cards in sets. This is a great lesson in economics for anyone going thru it right now. When it was a ?free market?, there was relative price equilibrium so arbitrage was rare (exceptions being sniping bot drops). Now that they?ve instituted caps and taken away the markets ability to assign value to certain card levels, we have a situation where the value of a card in the AH doesn?t correlate at all with its value in sets. Right now the exchange sets for 70-74 golds to 75-79 golds and those to an 80 OVR elite make absolutely no sense whatsoever. This was not always the case and in my opinion, they?ve screwed up the entire AH for everyone to eliminate a small problem affecting very few players and ultimately not affecting their revenue at all if you contend people willing to spend hours upon hours manipulating the AH for gain are not the same people ready to open their wallets at the first chance to best their competitors.

This is why I insist EA stop trying to make up for what they consider lost revenue to exploiters who likely wouldn?t spend real money anyway and instead focus on the value of what they?re selling. When there?s value people will spend (look at the Harden pack when it was $1.99 but then they just had to go and push it since it was likely one of their most lucrative packs in a while...shocker :roll: ). Does anyone who?s willing to spend real money find real value in any of the packs currently being offered?!?!

edlllpt

Pro 1
Right now the exchange sets for 70-74 golds to 75-79 golds and those to an 80 OVR elite make absolutely no sense whatsoever. This was not always the case.

I think it was always the case for this s3. These base sets were never a good option from a worth-your-coins POV. These sets are there to drain more resources from those that don't do the math.
ultimately not affecting their revenue at all (...)

also, It seems you're focusing on 'eliminating f2p snipers all day in the AH that wouldn't spend anyway', while they're looking at people that bought/transferred coins in the past, which are people willing to spend money in some form. And at least I can't guess what is the impact in EA's revenue without looking at their data.

If you want to be the all day in the AH you still had ways to succeed since day 1 of season 3. And after the drop of the 75-79 caps, more options were open.

They're even adjusting the elites market now to allow more base cards to be sold, so I really have trouble understanding why people think the stronger regulation is putting you in a situation of disadvantage in this game if you're a fair player.

That doesn't mean you don't have a point about the value of packs currently offered, but til you got there I was disagreeing along the way

Altavilla

Pro 1
In two weeks everyone will be:
Westbrook
Klay
Giannis
Griffin
Drummond

All nice and equal. Hurray :roll:

Westbrook and Drummond will be on the bench on my team I don't have an urge to use either of them

Sure, I will also try to ?break? the above mentioned lineup.

But still, a lot of players will be using that exact lineup. And others 4 out of those 5 players. And it?s a bit boring facing the same team over and over, or even teams with 3 players matching mine, over and over...
If 82?s DO come down to 200k, or if the AH lockdown wasn?t so tight, that would certainly improve things and p2p players would still have a big advantage (being able to get 85, 86 and probably 87 ovr?s when most f2p players would be at 82-84 ovr?s).

Altavilla

Pro 1
The biggest problem I see with the AH is they?ve lost correlation to the value of cards in sets. This is a great lesson in economics for anyone going thru it right now. When it was a ?free market?, there was relative price equilibrium so arbitrage was rare (exceptions being sniping bot drops). Now that they?ve instituted caps and taken away the markets ability to assign value to certain card levels, we have a situation where the value of a card in the AH doesn?t correlate at all with its value in sets. Right now the exchange sets for 70-74 golds to 75-79 golds and those to an 80 OVR elite make absolutely no sense whatsoever. This was not always the case and in my opinion, they?ve screwed up the entire AH for everyone to eliminate a small problem affecting very few players and ultimately not affecting their revenue at all if you contend people willing to spend hours upon hours manipulating the AH for gain are not the same people ready to open their wallets at the first chance to best their competitors.

This is why I insist EA stop trying to make up for what they consider lost revenue to exploiters who likely wouldn?t spend real money anyway and instead focus on the value of what they?re selling. When there?s value people will spend (look at the Harden pack when it was $1.99 but then they just had to go and push it since it was likely one of their most lucrative packs in a while...shocker :roll: ). Does anyone who?s willing to spend real money find real value in any of the packs currently being offered?!?!

+1

Altavilla

Pro 1
They're even adjusting the elites market now to allow more base cards to be sold, so I really have trouble understanding why people think the stronger regulation is putting you in a situation of disadvantage in this game if you're a fair player.

I don't think stronger regulation puts me in a situation of disadvantage.
But I think it limits my advantages, whatever they may be (gameplay, basketball understanding, time availability, trading... any other than cheating). And the more a game tries to "limit" my advantages the less fun it is for me.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.