• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

PvP beta and update details

dub365

All-Star 1
I see the future and it's full of cheddah.

Ppl are figuring out how to cheese it up. Since there's no manual switch, you can dribble all over the damn court & nobody can stop you except for the clock. I've had several ppl do it today to either run around forever until they had room to drop a corner 3 or to run out the clock and kill my comeback.

Running out the clock seems lfair enough. I assume that is why they introduced back court violations so you couldn’t just dribble in the backcourt. The only way to avoid that would be some sort of incentive for scoring.

dub365

All-Star 1
Running out the clock seems lfair enough. I assume that is why they introduced back court violations so you couldn’t just dribble in the backcourt. The only way to avoid that would be some sort of incentive for scoring.
Sure that's part of the game, run time off the clock and run your offense. But this dude had Cousy run around all game long. I could stay with him.... But without manual switch u could never anticipate where he would be so I just had to chase him. He won like 10-8. Then it was all about the corner 3 with a guy in his face & making it 9/10 times just pissed me off. They know it's automatic. Just run around until you can launch from the corner without getting blocked and you'll make it. Then get the opponent to miss a couple ....game over. Cheese. No fun. All about gaming the system. Again, it all revolves around auto switch bc you can't cut anyone off and you can't afford to go for steals

I’m in London, and they ain’t given me anything here. So I get none of this fun 🤨. I blame brexit.
Lmao. I've been in Africa for years so I'll probably get it next season. Only thing I hate is missing out on Gears for the current campaign. Other than that I'm more than happy to wait and let others test it out for me.

chappy

Rookie 1
Honestly I was raging so bad on PvP almost don't want to play it at all. Can't get a clutch off blocked way too often (as you have to stop....can't continue and shoot it)...particularly issues with Bird and Doncic just standing there like monkeys....I'll spamming the clutch button and they just don't bother to shoot it.

Like previously mentioned Cousey dropping pretty much everything from everywhere (including almost half court) whether there's 1 guy or 3 on him.

The 5 min quarters is for a future new type of tournament. You can still playing the actual one.
But i guess the new one will give you more points per win.

edlllpt

Pro 1
Hey everyone, I hope you're all doing well.

PvP was what they needed to gather my attention and make me reinstall the game, but I guess those in Europe will have to wait a few days more isn't it?

Also, can I expect to win some games with a 107ovr line-up or is it unlikely?

dub365

All-Star 1

PvP was what they needed to gather my attention and make me reinstall the game, but I guess those in Europe will have to wait a few days more isn't it?

My 110 is getting beaten by 103 & up. It all depends on your connection strength really

Anatdoc

All-Star 3

Hey edllpt, good to c u back.. though its going to take some time for pvp to 'normalise'

Heatculture

Rookie 1
Yeah I’ll be on that bandwagon. Best thing is I’m a beta tester but cause of my geographical location it’s worthless lol. Suppose it’s good they took it off - way too early but at least we can get involved and it ain’t hidden.
Lmao. I've been in Africa for years so I'll probably get it next season. Only thing I hate is missing out on Gears for the current campaign. Other than that I'm more than happy to wait and let others test it out for me.

cire2245

Rookie 3

Welcome back edllpt! Pvp isn’t available yet in my area but appears that skills/strategy is the key factor in winning the games, of course factoring out the lag issues. Also, looks like having players with ability will have a good advantage especially that hotspot is now invisible on opponent’s make it harder to anticipate.

dub365

All-Star 1
Welcome back edllpt! Pvp isn’t available yet in my area but appears that skills/strategy is the key factor in winning the games, of course factoring out the lag issues. Also, looks like having players with ability will have a good advantage especially that hotspot is now invisible on opponent’s make it harder to anticipate.
I would say strategy, yes. Skill, not so much. I just played a dude who kept using Ghost Bagley to dribble into the corner and take a fadeaway 3 and he'd make it every time. Super hard to block bc of the lag, the shot meter being wonky, and it being a backwards fadeaway in the corner. And Bagley should not be dropping dimes like he's Steph Curry.

In the last 24 hours that's the strategy of 75% of ppl I've played. Run around to get some space, ending up in the corner, made shot, repeat. I've been able to negate it only because I have 4 clutch 3s and a BB on my PG. So yeah, if you have a bunch of abilities, it's gonna help you win and they can all be cheap, lower OVR players. Doesnt make a difference until they fix the shooting bc everybody shoots like MVP Kawhi. One dude kept take 3s from the top of the arc with Embiid. Every possession and he made like 7/10. Total cheese factory, for me at least

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakito
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.