• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

PvP beta and update details

Robert

Rookie 1
Over 20 min.seraching for a match..tststs

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190822-180447_NBA Live.jpg
    Screenshot_20190822-180447_NBA Live.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 265

TomH

Pro 2
At this rate I’m gonna forfeit my way through my 5 daily tourneys. 2 forfeits where pop up says “couldn’t join match. Try again later. Leave app, come back, forfeit? What did I forfeit? 1 of 5 tourneys done by forfeit. Finally get a match. It playing crazy smooth. Up 18-4 w 20 seconds left, complete freeze. Forfeit.

They had a plan to slow roll out over 2 weeks for a reason. Instead they get a limited good feedback and abondon the roll out - 24 hours and the entire planet has it. And of course now it doesn’t work.

Why am I not surprised. Pissed, but not surprised

TomH

Pro 2
Like I said above.

3538C9B6-A23C-4DB4-9478-29A011B0FC0A.jpeg

Only now pvp is gone. Have to wait for them to roll it out to North America again I guess. Idiots

TomH

Pro 2
Oh snap. What a difference from yesterday. Could play
Almost like regular gameplay. Shot meter almost on point. Very little lag. Shoot 3s at will. Clutch zones work with a little lag. 5-0. No time warps. High scoring. If it got no better than this, it would be good add to NBALM.

Right now what works for me is not trying to steal and focusing instead on belly up D - they will miss. If left open at all, they hit them at high %.

My ping was mostly between 30-50ms.

TomH

Pro 2
Yeah, I jinxed it. 😅

Wait a minute, they added international players all at once???????? Jesus. What a bold move
And then dumped everyone and added back just first batch N. America. Game is playing amazingly smooth. Shooting much better. I didn’t win a tourney yesterday playing in that black hole. 10-1 today.

Look, I know this could go to crap in five minutes but so far today is the most fun I’ve had playing NBALM. It’s a pleasure getting away from that insanely jacked up ai.

dub365

All-Star 1
I'm back in and it DOES feel a lot better. Unfortunately my Internet connection isnt ideal so there were times where lag got pretty bad, other times it was super smooth. But gameplay seemed pretty good. More contested shots were missing, as they should. But I still encountered waaay too many deep/ contested 3s. Where I'm trying to block it, shot goes up late, looks like it passes through my players elbow.....and swish. Yao did it to me on a 40 footer. Just standing there, guy in his face trying to block it...

I just won my 5th game, had game won with 20 secs left, got a rebound and the graphics froze. I could still hear sound but frames stopped. So I tried to move the d-pad and pass to get across half court, didn't want a 5 second violation. I can still hear the crowd cheering like there's some action happening & all of a sudden, i had somehow made it upcourt, passed it a couple times and........ Launched a BB with Melo as time expired. HA! One in million!

TomH

Pro 2
I'm back in and it DOES feel a lot better. Unfortunately my Internet connection isnt ideal so there were times where lag got pretty bad, other times it was super smooth. But gameplay seemed pretty good. More contested shots were missing, as they should. But I still encountered waaay too many deep/ contested 3s. Where I'm trying to block it, shot goes up late, looks like it passes through my players elbow.....and swish. Yao did it to me on a 40 footer. Just standing there, guy in his face trying to block it...

I just won my 5th game, had game won with 20 secs left, got a rebound and the graphics froze. I could still hear sound but frames stopped. So I tried to move the d-pad and pass to get across half court, didn't want a 5 second violation. I can still hear the crowd cheering like there's some action happening & all of a sudden, i had somehow made it upcourt, passed it a couple times and........ Launched a BB with Melo as time expired. HA! One in million!

It is getting a little laggy now. Everyone getting home on east coast and central. Noticed my ping jumping way over 100ms in last game. 12-2 so far today. Doubt I’ll finish up all 5 tourneys.

And next update is 5 minute quarters. I’ll reserve judgment but first thought is “too long.” Except LBJ & Kawhi double clutches should become quadruple clutches. Ha

dub365

All-Star 1
It is getting a little laggy now. Everyone getting home on east coast and central. Noticed my ping jumping way over 100ms in last game. 12-2 so far today. Doubt I’ll finish up all 5 tourneys.

And next update is 5 minute quarters. I’ll reserve judgment but first thought is “too long.” Except LBJ & Kawhi double clutches should become quadruple clutches. Ha
Oh Jesus. I went & checked Brian's Twitter as soon as I read that. 5 min quarters? Getting ahead of ourselves much guys? There's so much work to do on this as it is. I can handle it as it currently sits but I won't be playing it all the time unless it gets a lot smoother. No way am I going to go through 5 minutes of a jumpy game.

betaman411

All-Star 1
And next update is 5 minute quarters. I’ll reserve judgment but first thought is “too long.”
EA troubleshooting session this afternoon: So we caused a major issue by rolling out our Beta PvP to EVERYONE at once. Best solution - increase quarter length to 5 min to reduce matchmaking time :rolleyes:🤦

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakito
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.