• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

PvP beta and update details

TomH

Pro 2
The first game I played opponent used a 102 Westbrook from Mobile Madness and that card ruled the court. But I spent most of that game bashing a missing switch button, committing a back court violation, and twice failing to inbound the ball in 5 seconds. I got buried. Most I won by was 1 or 2 points. Got blown out a couple times.

It kinda reminded me of my one brief use of 2k when the shot meter was so small you could barely see it. Every shot was a wild guess.

G34

Rookie 1
I have what appears to be a solid connection but the frame rate is so screwy. Goes from slow & buggy to superfast players timewarping all over.

Same here.
Most of my games have been extremely choppy with the same things that you're experiencing. To put a cherry on top I just lost because a 3 point buzzer with about a second left that didn't count.
There was lag all over that match, but that last shot that didn't count really deflated me.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
U guys seriously didnt expect lags and gameplay problems in a 'beta' version of something EA released???
Their 'alphas' have so many problems... and the glitches which started after the update were a sign(though I love the glitch when u dunk into the half basket u disappear from the screen)
That aside I found it funny that the only post that Brian decided to comment on is dzillas positive one on reddit.. do they really crave positive feedback that much.. just so weird..

dub365

All-Star 1
U guys seriously didnt expect lags and gameplay problems in a 'beta' version of something EA released???
Their 'alphas' have so many problems... and the glitches which started after the update were a sign(though I love the glitch when u dunk into the half basket u disappear from the screen)
That aside I found it funny that the only post that Brian decided to comment on is dzillas positive one on reddit.. do they really crave positive feedback that much.. just so weird..
I thought it was weird that dzilla was hyping it as the best thing ever. I totally knew it was have issues. But I guess the incredibly frustrating gameplay just got to me. Now I'm locked out of PVP as my last match, which I finally won, said that due to a problem neither a win or lose would be recorded and now it's stuck saying it's trying to find a match that I didn't activate and the Give Up button is greyed out. Maybe it'll reset itself in the morning. My game overall is really laggy since I was forced.to update today and started playing PVP

Is it just me or are they not giving the China teams enough credit for this? They pretty much lifted be entire thing from them event ev emojis and in game comments.

combat008

Rookie 1
If you want some real entertainment go read this. Almost as bad as Reddit. I feel bad though nbc those guys want some decent feedback & there's nothing worthwhile being said
https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-D...bile-Arena-mode-Feedback-request/td-p/8083601
Honestly if the gamemode is so trash everybody is complaining it shouldn't have been released this quickly anyways. They should've worked on it more and released it later when its more developed. Knowing EA I saw this coming since they can't do simple fixes quickly, PVP mode would be a nightmare for them. Sadly this is what happens when you rush something out.

It's just a beta fellas. The entire point of a beta is to find expected flaws and report constructively what you find. Betas are always far from perfect.

revride

Rookie 1
Is it just me or are they not giving the China teams enough credit for this? They pretty much lifted be entire thing from them event ev emojis and in game comments.

Yeah, Chinese version have had PvP for months. I don't know what they claim to have been working on for the past 6+ months when it looks like they just copied it.

betaman411

All-Star 1
I’m actually enjoying Arena. Probably doesn’t hurt that I have a 1 gig fiber line but it’s fun when you match with someone that also has low latency. Having said that, the shot meter is an abomination no matter how fast the connection. I’ve also noticed that players don’t stop running (especially in the corners or under the basket). Pretty much what I expected for a beta...I just wonder if they can even improve it for s4?!

TomH

Pro 2
I thought it was weird that dzilla was hyping it as the best thing ever. I totally knew it was have issues. But I guess the incredibly frustrating gameplay just got to me. Now I'm locked out of PVP as my last match, which I finally won, said that due to a problem neither a win or lose would be recorded and now it's stuck saying it's trying to find a match that I didn't activate and the Give Up button is greyed out. Maybe it'll reset itself in the morning. My game overall is really laggy since I was forced.to update today and started playing PVP
I couldn’t find Dzilla’s comment. I’m kinda balking on playing my 5 tourneys today. Yesterday was like throwing a hand grenade in a chicken coop and I was one of the chickens.

I find it funny so many low ovr’s are bitching about the match making. Ovr doesn’t matter.

The lag is really bad. I jumped in immediately after it dropped and the first 3 or 4 games weren’t awful. But after that is was a cluster #### for me. I assume it was user count driven.

Also noticed if the other guy’s team took much longer to load than mine, I was about to have a bad experience.

It’s all about the lag. That effects the shot meter, ability to shoot, ability to block, ability to defend, yeah, so that’s everything in the game. No manual switch is a huge deal for me. Although, the lag will impact that too. In fact with it being a laggy as it is, manual switch might be worse than auto. Who knows? I don’t.

By the last few matches it was unplayable for me. Every time I tried to inbound from a made basket my pg was frozen mid stride. Then he disappeared from the screen. Only to reappear later near the top of the key. A couple times when he reappeared a shot had been taken. Not sure how to control a disappearing player taking shots.

It’s a mess. I expected it to be a mess as a beta. But it’s a bigger mess than I thought it would be. I think think today I’ll let off the shot early and see if that helps. Certainly focus more on dunks.

Alright I’m going back in. Wearing a flack jacket this time. Maybe playing on my home WiFi will be better than my work WiFi. One thing that was kinda funny is several times people walked into my office while I was “trying” to play and each time I screamed “Get out!”

Last edited:

dub365

All-Star 1
The shot meter is just FUBAR. I'm ony work WiFi and it's pretty good. Getting 40-50/ms and it's not too choppy. But I keep getting WIDE OPEN, like nobody near me, and with a good shot meter still bricking 3s with Luka and MVP Kawhi who never miss. On the opposite end, I've got 2 players in a guys face and he launches a 3 with a late release. And they're going in 90% of the time with a red CHALLENGED on the HUD. I don't know what's up with that

betaman411

All-Star 1
Finally rolled out international..

But no luck with searches.. 10 minutes now waiting
I know Portugal had it yesterday too so not all international is created equal. I'm guessing they did it by time zone or some other factor than country specific.

betaman411

All-Star 1
The shot meter is just FUBAR. I'm ony work WiFi and it's pretty good. Getting 40-50/ms and it's not too choppy. But I keep getting WIDE OPEN, like nobody near me, and with a good shot meter still bricking 3s with Luka and MVP Kawhi who never miss. On the opposite end, I've got 2 players in a guys face and he launches a 3 with a late release. And they're going in 90% of the time with a red CHALLENGED on the HUD. I don't know what's up with that
SImilar experience with the shot meter. As T TomH noted, I started just releasing it early and had much better results. I'm down in the 20ms range though so who knows...

FiFa Mobile did the emoji thing first, before China app.

So this thing didnt explode yet, and people on reddit are not mad at all.... I'd call this a relative success.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakito
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.