• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Next Gen & Elevate programs

Have you played EA games before? Get back to me 2 months from now when you have everything but 1 missing ELITE item on all 3 players. Remember the King James event last year? I'm more than willing to bet that certain tokens are harder to pull than others. That's how they do us.

I guarantee I have been playing longer than you. I?ve gotten Supremacy LeBron on 4 different accounts, Ruler KD on 2, Royalty LeBron on 3. I know about the schematic token bullshit. They gave us a grindable program, so quit complaining

Yes, it is grindable alright. You can grind but not attainable in a reasonable timely fashion before the card will be outdated and you can't even sell it then because it is unauctionable. The elite tokens are timebound just like master Embiid is time bound to get him to an 82 with 75 daily tokens needing 75 days as well as mvp Harden 83 which will continue the campaign weeks later.

Typical EA rubbish since the start of season 2.

You will get at least 1 player in around 1 month if you play Sundays. This is better than any last season program.

betaman411

All-Star 1
I guarantee I have been playing longer than you. I?ve gotten Supremacy LeBron on 4 different accounts, Ruler KD on 2, Royalty LeBron on 3. I know about the schematic token bullshit. They gave us a grindable program, so quit complaining

Yes, it is grindable alright. You can grind but not attainable in a reasonable timely fashion before the card will be outdated and you can't even sell it then because it is unauctionable. The elite tokens are timebound just like master Embiid is time bound to get him to an 82 with 75 daily tokens needing 75 days as well as mvp Harden 83 which will continue the campaign weeks later.

You will get at least 1 player in around 1 month if you play Sundays. This is better than any last season program.
I agree with ukmj23 on the fact that the cards you grind for now will be obsolete before you get them. For a lot of people, Royalty LBJ was obsolete before they were lucky enough to get him. Heck, I got him the first day he came out and I felt cheated that better cards came out so quick that his card was all but obsolete.

It's the same with Embiid and Harden. I've already got 2 of the last 4 requirements complete to train Embiid (Complete 100 sets and 80 OVR) but I have to wait win 1000 challenges before I can use them?! Clearly, nobody considered the time it would take to achieve such measures (probably because content wasn't even created yet) and now it's all out of whack. Heck, even if I could train Embiid 2 more levels now, he wouldn't be worth it! I'm still holding out hope that Harden comes sooner rather than later but like another poster already said, with 84 Klay being released today, the longer they wait the more obsolete he becomes - and for those that think this is trivial, all it does is keep $$$ out of EA's pocket.

Considering you have to trade in a gazillion elites to get a promo card, these generic cards are a better option. I am going to have the most boring lineup imaginable this season.

I agree with ukmj23 on the fact that the cards you grind for now will be obsolete before you get them. For a lot of people, Royalty LBJ was obsolete before they were lucky enough to get him. Heck, I got him the first day he came out and I felt cheated that better cards came out so quick that his card was all but obsolete.

It's the same with Embiid and Harden. I've already got 2 of the last 4 requirements complete to train Embiid (Complete 100 sets and 80 OVR) but I have to wait win 1000 challenges before I can use them?! Clearly, nobody considered the time it would take to achieve such measures (probably because content wasn't even created yet) and now it's all out of whack. Heck, even if I could train Embiid 2 more levels now, he wouldn't be worth it! I'm still holding out hope that Harden comes sooner rather than later but like another poster already said, with 84 Klay being released today, the longer they wait the more obsolete he becomes - and for those that think this is trivial, all it does is keep $$$ out of EA's pocket.

Will pass some time until f2p players can get an 84 only grinding. This New Gen masters will have more life than some people think.

Embiid is the center with the best ai right now. I pray to face 80/83 Shaq instead of 78 Embiid in showdown cause Shaq does almost nothing apart of some lucky rebound under the ring.

Embiid at 82 is gonna be so worthy.

exarchris

Rookie 1
God forbid EA releases anything nowadays without people complaining. Can?t please everyone.

I don't think the people above are ungrateful as you may imply. I share their opinion that the brand new content that was released today makes stuff we have not even completed useless, since these players are for positions we just filled.

In contrast, the upcoming players next week are for positions that lacked good stuff so far (for example Point Guards) and incidentally there will be store packs for them.

rrfb

Rookie 1
This seems pretty reasonable to me. Obviously it was going to be a long grind. Anyone thinking they'd be able to get these cards within a few weeks was setting themselves up for disappointment.

I don't necessarily agree with Royalty Lebron being obsolete by the time most of us got him, but the fact that we can't train anymore will lead to cards becoming irrelevant faster. And because we only have one lineup, obsolescence will only accelerate further. It'll be interesting to see how if/how EA manages that.

edlllpt

Pro 1
More content is good news.

But I share the concerns that this may be attainable a bit too late. Still early to tell

edlllpt

Pro 1
Embiid is the center with the best ai right now. I pray to face 80/83 Shaq instead of 78 Embiid in showdown cause Shaq does almost nothing apart of some lucky rebound under the ring.

I disagree about master Embiid. With him and against me his defense is generally poor. Since it is a common card that may be faced often, it may have some good looking quarters, but I'd rather face him than a De Andre 81 card for example. Offensively is decent tho.

I can agree that Shaq AI isn't great. With no defenders in the way, one can see him pull up for a midrange and obviously miss instead of driving to the basket for an easy lay-up.

X020179

Pro 1
God forbid EA releases anything nowadays without people complaining. Can?t please everyone.

I don't think the people above are ungrateful as you may imply. I share their opinion that the brand new content that was released today makes stuff we have not even completed useless, since these players are for positions we just filled.

In contrast, the upcoming players next week are for positions that lacked good stuff so far (for example Point Guards) and incidentally there will be store packs for them.

Maybe not ungrateful but it?s a grindable promo which is what people wanted, and yet they still complain

betaman411

All-Star 1

There will pass some time until f2p players can get an 84 only grinding. This New Gen masters will have more life than some people think.

Embiid at 82 is gonna be so worthy.
At the rate his training value is going. He?ll definitely be the most expensive 82 in the game by far.

betaman411

All-Star 1

Maybe not ungrateful but it?s a grindable promo which is what people wanted, and yet they still complain
For the record, I wasn?t complaining about a grindable promo that will take time but rather simply remarking how little thought goes into these cards as well as their in game relevance once they?re attainable for most.

X020179

Pro 1

For the record, I wasn?t complaining about a grindable promo that will take time but rather simply remarking how little thought goes into these cards as well as their in game relevance once they?re attainable for most.

I agree but I?m sure this will be a year long promo and will have better cards in due time, these cards are 100% free and can definitely hold up for a few months. I used All-Star Westbrook on my alt until I finally replaced him with Finals Curry. Yeah training existed but it was already a bad card. Klay has really good stats at this point of the game, while Westbrook had bad stats for the point of the game S2 was at.

dub365

All-Star 1
Well, I WAS totally complaining because thinking about the tokens and dupes got me fired up about the stupid shIt EA has pulled on us throughout the life of this game. I'll gladly say that S3 is pretty good so far, much better than almost any point that i remember from last season. Stoked that they're giving us a promo that's 100% grind able. Don't even care really if it takes a month or whatever to collect the tokens so much as I dislike the fact that you can only get elite tokens at certain times and there's no guarantee that you'll ever get what you need. NO exchange either. But it'll probably be fine. Whatever, feels like we're headed in a positive direction right now

Well, I WAS totally complaining because thinking about the tokens and dupes got me fired up about the stupid shIt EA has pulled on us throughout the life of this game. I'll gladly say that S3 is pretty good so far, much better than almost any point that i remember from last season. Stoked that they're giving us a promo that's 100% grind able. Don't even care really if it takes a month or whatever to collect the tokens so much as I dislike the fact that you can only get elite tokens at certain times and there's no guarantee that you'll ever get what you need. NO exchange either. But it'll probably be fine. Whatever, feels like we're headed in a positive direction right now

I think the exchanges are to the right of the sets. 3 Silver for 1 Silver. I have always hated exchanges because more times than not I get more of the same in exchange.

exarchris

Rookie 1

I think the exchanges are to the right of the sets. 3 Silver for 1 Silver. I have always hated exchanges because more times than not I get more of the same in exchange.

There should be a set for exchanging (even a relatively big amount of) silver to gold tokens. That's the logical thing to do when the drop rate for silver tokens is multiple times higher than that of the gold ones. Now that these 2 categories are independent the possible stamina cost skyrockets, even for a long-term program.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.