• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Top 100 Promo: Release 4

TomH

Pro 2
It's on purpose if you can't sell stuff then you have to buy new stuff to upgrade they know all about the saturation of cards and the existence of price floors for cards both of which make it hard to sell anything
How I see it. EA is literally obsessed with controlling the in game economy. So (1) major promo with unlimited coin packs. When has that happened? Followed by (2) the floor for 85s to 88s jumps way up 4 days into that promo (about 1.2mil for 86s, 1.6 for 87s etc.). You can’t sell because the minimum bid is too high. Raise the floor, stop most coin making options. If you think there are too many coins, how better to basically obliterate them? Its too obvious to be a coincidence, especially since it is EA. IMO the auction house ain’t broken. It’s a major manipulation by EA that goes back to the design of the All Star promo.

Now they are taking away boosts from All Star masters?!

If this team ever got S5 off the ground, and I think they did, they have put it into a death spiral. There seems to be a level of arrogance and degree of disconnect from their customers that will be extremely difficult to overcome. I’m not optimistic at all.

dub365

All-Star 1
I agree with all of that but the last part KC has given out tons of medals in his streams he gives people a choice of a medal or any player of a certain overall or lower and then at the end of his streams he gives the last one a choice of 2 medals, 2 players, or 1 of each and he streams once every few days so he's giving out like 10 medals a week

It's clear Nick doesn't know very much about the game currently and especially not the game's history which is why he had no idea about Mobile Madness being in every season of the game
Yeah, that's my point. How are some weak boosts "unfair", even though they were advertised and earned/ bought by players.....yet KC can give out OP Boost Medals like they're Pro Packs? Makes absolutely no sense, even if you account for the giveaways as "Marketing/ Advertising".

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
How I see it. EA is literally obsessed with controlling the in game economy. So (1) major promo with unlimited coin packs. When has that happened? Followed by (2) the floor for 85s to 88s jumps way up 4 days into that promo (about 1.2mil for 86s, 1.6 for 87s etc.). You can’t sell because the minimum bid is too high. Raise the floor, stop most coin making options. If you think there are too many coins, how better to basically obliterate them? Its too obvious to be a coincidence, especially since it is EA. IMO the auction house ain’t broken. It’s a major manipulation by EA that goes back to the design of the All Star promo.

If this team ever got S5 off the ground, and I think they did, they have put it into a death spiral. There seems to be a level of arrogance and degree of disconnect from their customers that will be extremely difficult to overcome. I’m not optimistic at all.
Yep it's not broken at all it's all done on purpose

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
Yeah, that's my point. How are some weak boosts "unfair", even though they were advertised and earned/ bought by players.....yet KC can give out OP Boost Medals like they're Pro Packs? Makes absolutely no sense, even if you account for the giveaways as "Marketing/ Advertising".
The sets to get them are absolutely ridiculous and instead of making them achievable they just give some people the boost cards instead of allowing everyone to make them for themselves

Iamlegendz

Rookie 2
Is there any channel to voice these concerns directly to the devs? I find it ludicrous to advertise a player/product (ie., all star masters with good boosts) and strip those boosts barely a week after. In other business models thats called a rip off and can be sued legally esp to those pay to win players that doled out the cash

dub365

All-Star 1

You're the lawyer..... what's the legal outlook on a company (EA) messing with the AH behind the scenes like this? When it's done willy nilly to manipulate the game economy after they fail to forecast the effects of their ineptitude? When they fail to disclose the truth and continue to take a customer's $ without giving them a full view of how their $ is being spent?

Tim pool

Rookie 1
The sets to get them are absolutely ridiculous and instead of making them achievable they just give some people the boost cards instead of allowing everyone to make them for themse

You're the lawyer..... what's the legal outlook on a company (EA) messing with the AH behind the scenes like this? When it's done willy nilly to manipulate the game economy after they fail to forecast the effects of their ineptitude? When they fail to disclose the truth and continue to take a customer's $ without giving them a full view of how their $ is being spent?
I don't know about legal action but if you spent any money to help get all star lebro
Is there any channel to voice these concerns directly to the devs? I find it ludicrous to advertise a player/product (ie., all star masters with good boosts) and strip those boosts barely a week after. In other business models thats called a rip off and can be sued legally esp to those pay to win players that doled out the cash
I dont know about legal action. But if you paid money to help get all star LeBron or KD with goat boost I would dispute the transaction with your credit card company. You paid for a digital transaction and they nerf it after the fact. Bottom line is your not getting what you paid for and this can be easily disputed if used with a credit card.(debit probably wouldn't work). Also if anyone missed the stream they said they are changing the way you get mm. Instead of tokens it will just be energy spent.

Tim pool

Rookie 1
I dont know about legal action. But if you paid money to help get all star LeBron or KD with goat boost I would dispute the transaction with your credit card company. You paid for a digital transaction and they nerf it after the fact. Bottom line is your not getting what you paid for and this can be easily disputed if used with a credit card.(debit probably wouldn't work). Also if anyone missed the stream they said they are changing the way you get mm. Instead of tokens it will just be energy spent.

Iamlegendz

Rookie 2
I don't know about legal action but if you spent any money to help get all star lebro

Exactly. Its like buying an advertised genuine rolex only to find out a week later thats its fake

Mikey777

Rookie 1
They didn't do it yet but they announced this as kinda decision made deal on recent twitch stream. I wouldn't go for Lebron then coz I got 2 other highly rated SFs then. Now I checked I can ask refund only on Google play if it was in last 48 hrs purchase, means need to find way to do it for older ones. Google itself recommends asking refund s on older than 48 hrs directly from developers. Looks like this is way to go.

betaman411

All-Star 1
It's on purpose if you can't sell stuff then you have to buy new stuff to upgrade they know all about the saturation of cards and the existence of price floors for cards both of which make it hard to sell anything
You give them way too much credit...

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
You give them way too much credit...
People have complained about that stuff for years and every year since the bot came they adjusted those things throughout the year and then the new season comes out and it's back to ridiculous proportions so they definitely know about it

Steve Rogers

Rookie 2
In this one im with stewie he is right they are completely aware of everything that happens on AH and all the stuff they do are purposely and intentionaly just for users to spend more $$
Prime example FIFA(sorry for putting soccer/football into conversation in basketball site)

betaman411

All-Star 1
My contention is along the lines of what dub365 dub365 is saying. They “may” be aware of it but it’s always in reaction to some unintended consequence of something they did. In this case, they want to prevent people from manipulating the AH for coins (yes this was back again in s5), so in their effort to prevent the manipulation the unintended consequence from the caps is a pricing structure that results in a flooded market and cards not selling. If you think their intent was to flood the AH so cards wouldn’t sell then I say you’re giving them too much credit. They can’t think more than one step...stop AH manipulation for coins.

TomH

Pro 2

I don’t even consider what they are proposing to do a nerf. Nerfing, to me, is a behind the scenes throttling down of your card’s or team’s performance to deceive you into believing you need to spend more money and/or time to get better cards. It’s all part of what they call “dynamic difficulty adjustment” that also accounts for an opponent’s ai playing off the charts, the reverse ovr nerf etc. All of it is intended to to induce you with a fraudulent premise to take some action in response - often spending money.

There is a class action pending in the federal district court for the Northern district of California, so that would be in San Francisco. And those judges are rather consumer oriented (as is the 9th circuit court of appeals in SF). The two main issue are illegal gambling (chance packs are 100% illegal gambling and their goal is to hook kids on this while EA calls it “surprise mechanics” because, ya know, kids like surprises). The other main issue is the “dynamic difficulty adjustment” deception and manipulation leading to outright fraud. EA’s TOS dont mean diddly because it’s just a contact and you cannot contract away your own illegal activity.

If they drop the AS master boosts then it’s clear fraud. It’s theft, in fact. I am surprised they haven’t done it yet since they told us about it Tuesday.

This guy here discusses the whole thing. Scroll past the gameplay, its crappy.

PS - can we assume this isn’t “the” Tim Pool. lol

dub365

All-Star 1
My contention is along the lines of what dub365 dub365 is saying. They “may” be aware of it but it’s always in reaction to some unintended consequence of something they did. In this case, they want to prevent people from manipulating the AH for coins (yes this was back again in s5), so in their effort to prevent the manipulation the unintended consequence from the caps is a pricing structure that results in a flooded market and cards not selling. If you think their intent was to flood the AH so cards wouldn’t sell then I say you’re giving them too much credit. They can’t think more than one step...stop AH manipulation for coins.
They obviously can't even navigate changing the card boosts without issues. I don't know how they could be so inept yet be so focused on ways to control us. I mean, this whole issue seems like a Drunken Conversation anyways. The GOAT boosts were never giving us Platinum level boost. The Elite boost on ASW Curry and Simons is more powerful than LBJ, Giannis, KD, and even Walton.

So I'm not sure why they would come out and talk about it, let alone even think about it in the first place. We, the customers, should've been pissed about the boost not being strong enough to begin with. But because the entirety of the S5 boost ecosystem is so confusing and unexplained, they got a pass on the issue. And even if there was a screwup and the boosts were stronger than intended......it's hardly a game breaker. I can't see any reason to screw with it when those cards will be replaced in a few weeks. They're hardly "Best of Season" cards and nobody would remember them beyond this Season. It just all feels like the same bumbling, unorganized, reactive NBALM that is vets have come to know too well.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakito
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.