• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

The Legends program looks a wee bit boring

rrfb

Rookie 1
TBH, it feels like they've mucked it up just like they did at the beginning of S2. I don't understand how you can muck Legends up but somehow they find a way.
Completely agree with this. This is looking pretty disappointing right now.

I thought last year's revamped Legends program was one of the highlights of S2. It was one of the easier and more reliable ways to get high rated cards and make coins.

cire2245

Rookie 3
The blitz event is gone. Can't complete malone's first event spending 200 stamina. So i think that's it for me on this program. EA can have their legendary players.

betaman411

All-Star 1
The blitz event is gone. Can't complete malone's first event spending 200 stamina. So i think that's it for me on this program. EA can have their legendary players.

So the 1st event is the 3pt one?

Edit: answered in a different thread. It is..guess I?ll be skipping.

Legends went from being my favorite program where I actually spent my NBA cash to a program where the only hope is to grind every Saturday and wait a couple months before I can claim a legend. This is really sad. I've seen people estimate as little as 5 weeks but by my calculations it will take at least 2.5 months of grinding for me to claim a legend.

Mikey7890

Rookie 1
I just see after couple of months messages from almighty Brian "we are lowering legends requirements"... as if he is not guy to design it originally.. amazing how many times they screw up something we look up to.

I just see after couple of months messages from almighty Brian "we are lowering legends requirements"... as if he is not guy to design it originally.. amazing how many times they screw up something we look up to.
Thats all they've been doing all season, **** up then waste time reversing those **** ups! If im not mistaken isnt Brian the "lead" designer/developer? If so why does he keep making unpopular changes then claim to say its out of his hands and he will "pass along our concerns", who the hell is he passing it on to if his the lead developer and probably made those changes in the first place.

ndbfjdn

Rookie 1
Seems like a complete waste of stamina. By the time you grind out 75 wildcards there will be cards better than these available.

G2theMoney

Rookie 3
i havent read the previous 2 pgs.. but here is my 2c's...
they are trying to "regain" the pleasure of legends in S1.. with a touch of S2..
lie the fact that we have 2 grind for wildcards.. but 25 of each.. without being able to auction the cards.. is a downer
looking forward to stowing wildcards until something nice comes along in the new year :D

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
Isnt this the wqy of EA.. for every 2 good programs/promos there will be a bad one.. as others have commented majority of the 'active' users are 85 obr with the max money spenders being 86s with very few 87s..
At this point in the season, i cant complain abt where the game is.. an 87 legend at this point (especially of the ones at offer) wouldnt change my gameplay.. id rather save up the wildcards and build a 90+ in 8 weeks..
The harvest promo can go one of two ways .. either it will be really tough to grind(tough promo after easy promo) or it will be as easy as others to keep us happy

I think many are just disappointed that Legends as it currently is is a disappointment. Some held off on building Halloween masters because it looked too hard to build each master and AD (and the stats weren?t really all that sexy on any, but they were all solid) when In fact it wasn?t that hard, well, if you had spare elites for the exchange, that is. I was super close to exchanging a TO hero but held off and found a way to build the needed golds for the trade up. It would also have helped if you grinded SD for rep, otherwise it would have been super tough building golds from the spellbook event (before it was 5 per win).

So, especially if you pretty much skipped Halloween in anticipation of Legends, I can understand the disappointment. It just looks like a super duper p2w program. If I really wanted that Malone card, but wanted him to actually be relevant, I?d have to buy many, many store packs. Otherwise, as others have stated, just slowly build wildcards and use em when a card you like is available.

Or, maybe they will make it more grindable as the current rumor sits.

slin

Rookie 1
Hey does anyone know how often the blitz event refreshes on Saturday? I didn't have time to log in last Saturday.

ambient

Rookie 1
Between extremely slow grind opportunity and stupid Karl Malone challenges where they nerf your shooting to miss every time, I'm already done with this crap Legends BS... Seems a waste of time. Next.

Altavilla

Pro 1
It all seems to be going according to EA?s plan. After 2 promos good for f2p players (tip-off + halloween) where a lot of ppl managed to do a lot of upgrading to their squads, here comes a promo which, for now, is aimed at p2p players.
I find this to be a decent balance between the 2 (which need to coexist) and keeps me (mostly f2p) interested in the game.

After a shaky start i think this game is back on the right track.

It all seems to be going according to EA?s plan. After 2 promos good for f2p players (tip-off + halloween) where a lot of ppl managed to do a lot of upgrading to their squads, here comes a promo which, for now, is aimed at p2p players.
I find this to be a decent balance between the 2 (which need to coexist) and keeps me (mostly f2p) interested in the game.

After a shaky start i think this game is back on the right track.
Not really. Promos used to have a different structure where BOTH f2p and p2p could get something out of it. Alternating between a f2p and strictly p2p promos leaves grinders left out for weeks waiting for the next grindable promo. Also there is a difference between promos and programs and programs like legends, totw etc were always grindable, always, not anymore. So now both programs and promos are essentially p2p leaving f2p players waiting for the next grindable promo or program. This doesn't add any balance to the game like you've suggested, in fact I believe it does the opposite.

I used to be able to complete at least 1-2 legends a week, now unless I spend at least $20-100 a week I would have to wait over 2 months before I can claim one legend. Programs should always remain grindable while with promos they can alternate between f2p and p2p, I wouldn't mind that.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.