• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Showdown season3 discussions - end of the sixth season and the start of the seventh season

edlllpt

Pro 1
Shit happens

https://scontent-waw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/44522636_316494342473323_1986956930324627456_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent-waw1-1.xx&oh=522610049b7b1470e519fdaacf072d47&oe=5C50C372

ouch.

speaking of forfeits, in the previous showdown season I had a forfeit midgame for bad connection. It was the first for me this season I think.

The connection was not too bad tho, but it wasn't exactly 100% stable and with about 1 minute in the quarter it suddenly kicked me out.

Apparently, this is a PG but someone also said they saw a C version. There is an 85 Mitchell too. And a weaker 85 Curry than the one the top 1000 get.

unknown-1.png

Who thought it was a good idea to put Next Gen silver in the rewards for reaching the next tier? That's an out of touch idea if I've every seen one, lol. I understand not giving elite tokens, even though that would be awesome from time to time. Silver, though? Gotta give at least gold in my opinion, no one, I mean no one, is hunting for a silver Assist % token.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
Who thought it was a good idea to put Next Gen silver in the rewards for reaching the next tier? That's an out of touch idea if I've every seen one, lol. I understand not giving elite tokens, even though that would be awesome from time to time. Silver, though? Gotta give at least gold in my opinion, no one, I mean no one, is hunting for a silver Assist % token.

+1
Really dont get it

You can pull a gold token if you have luck.

edlllpt

Pro 1
speaking of forfeits, in the previous showdown season I had a forfeit midgame for bad connection. It was the first for me this season I think.

The connection was not too bad tho, but it wasn't exactly 100% stable and with about 1 minute in the quarter it suddenly kicked me out.

I had a very similar connection-crash today, but this time the game didn't boot me out entirely, and after a few seconds the connection was fine and the game allowed me to directly resume the quarter.

As far as I can see there is no possibility of questionable behavior, so if it's only bad connections benefiting from this, this is a nice fix.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3

I had a very similar connection-crash today, but this time the game didn't boot me out entirely, and after a few seconds the connection was fine and the game allowed me to directly resume the quarter.

As far as I can see there is no possibility of questionable behavior, so if it's only bad connections benefiting from this, this is a nice fix.
Yup brought it up in an earlier thread

edlllpt

Pro 1

+1
Really dont get it

did the collectibles replace something? a bronze card or a silver card? or is it one more item? I really can't tell.

if it's an addition or replaced a bronze card, I'll take it.

+1
Really dont get it

did the collectibles replace something? a bronze card or a silver card? or is it one more item? I really can't tell.

if it's an addition or replaced a bronze card, I'll take it.

I think they replaced a bronze card but I don't know for sure. I like the idea, definitely don't want more bronze right now, but I've made it all the way to Sup 3 and every single "new" token was a silver next gen, lol, which is honestly about as useful as a bronze, currently, for most. Maybe we will have a use for them in the next set of next gen, but if not, it's at best a quick sell or maybe used further down the line in a "take anything" set. If you really want to put something of value into the rewards, then put a gold token in there. Or an elite token. Something folks will truly appreciate. It appears they are at least thinking of ways to make the tier rewards better, which is a start.

I remember in OSM we got gold players that were extremely relevant to the sets at the time. Some gave the moving boxes and just as recent as last week we were getting packs that helped with Tipoff (only the early tiers, which was weird but better than nothing with those 6 tokens for 10K packs in the store).

snowert

Rookie 1
Anyone find it difficult to win a match from superstar to legend? I personally win 2 out of 10, how can this pace bring me up to legend and win the rewards? Guys any tips to up the rank?

edlllpt

Pro 1
Anyone find it difficult to win a match from superstar to legend? I personally win 2 out of 10, how can this pace bring me up to legend and win the rewards? Guys any tips to up the rank?

which superstar tier are you in and what's your ovr?

i'm superstar 2 right now and it's normal. pretty much everyone is an 84, which is my ovr. there is a small share of 83 and 85. I assume the 83s are having a tough time.

dub365

All-Star 1
Yup, it's tough being an 83. I'm at 900k fans & it's a struggle. I'll hit 84 tonight so hopefully that gives me a larger share of wins. I'm rarely losing my turn and I'm coming within 3 points of winning the match in probably half my losses. I think being 84 will tip the scales in my favor a bit

Yup, it's tough being an 83. I'm at 900k fans & it's a struggle. I'll hit 84 tonight so hopefully that gives me a larger share of wins. I'm rarely losing my turn and I'm coming within 3 points of winning the match in probably half my losses. I think being 84 will tip the scales in my favor a bit

I think I opped you yesterday. That trending Lillard is so good

quiznos

Rookie 1
i finished my showdown match right before maintenance started. When i came back my opponent timed out and forfeited. heh :p

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.