• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Season 4 Complaint/Suggestion Thread

Hroswith

Rookie 3
Okay, this might be a weird thing to complain about, but it definitely seems weird.

I've been drawing a lot of equally or higher rated players in Showdown the past two days, often barely winning or even losing my own quarter. But somehow I end up winning their quarter by a 5-10 margin. Happens about 80% of the time when I use my 81 OVR sharpshooter lineup.

I've grown accustomed to accepting defeat if I win my own quarter by a margin smaller than 8-10 points. So while this is constantly a nice surprise, I can't help but feel that it seems a bit fishy.

I wanted to take a screenshot of my current lineup, but this is what my home screen looks like now. Not all bugs are as fun.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191028_202246_com.ea.gp.nbamobile.jpg
    Screenshot_20191028_202246_com.ea.gp.nbamobile.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 245

betaman411

All-Star 1
Okay, this might be a weird thing to complain about, but it definitely seems weird.

I've been drawing a lot of equally or higher rated players in Showdown the past two days, often barely winning or even losing my own quarter. But somehow I end up winning their quarter by a 5-10 margin. Happens about 80% of the time when I use my 81 OVR sharpshooter lineup.

I've grown accustomed to accepting defeat if I win my own quarter by a margin smaller than 8-10 points. So while this is constantly a nice surprise, I can't help but feel that it seems a bit fishy.

I wanted to take a screenshot of my current lineup, but this is what my home screen looks like now. Not all bugs are as fun.
Higher OVR players tend to autoplay their quarters. Probably more prevalent now that SD is only 25 stamina.

Altavilla

Pro 1
Gameplay is too difficult.

I’m an 82 and I have a very hard time on SD against 78s and 79s. One time I even lost to a 76.
Tried using a lower ovr lineup but it does not seem to help and it just feels ridiculous having to lower my ovr.

On season, where I use an 80 lineup, I’m about to loose my first season game ever against an 84 Pacers with +8 boosts to everything.
Season was being great so far, but if difficulty keeps up that fun is over. It’s not fun to play against a opponent that hits every shot (the only chance i get is to steal - so realistic :rolleyes:) and then struggle to even get dunks or layups.

Losing is not fun.
And since I can lose just fine without needing 82+ ovr lineups, I stopped buying and even sold a few 83s I had.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
Gameplay is too difficult.

I’m an 82 and I have a very hard time on SD against 78s and 79s. One time I even lost to a 76.
Tried using a lower ovr lineup but it does not seem to help and it just feels ridiculous having to lower my ovr.

On season, where I use an 80 lineup, I’m about to loose my first season game ever against an 84 Pacers with +8 boosts to everything.
Season was being great so far, but if difficulty keeps up that fun is over. It’s not fun to play against a opponent that hits every shot (the only chance i get is to steal - so realistic :rolleyes:) and then struggle to even get dunks or layups.

Losing is not fun.
And since I can lose just fine without needing 82+ ovr lineups, I stopped buying and even sold a few 83s I had.
Same .. SD over the last 24 hours was horrible for me.. could not buy a 3..
Season to some extent got used to the difficultly.. Luka s clutch comes in really handy but the horrible rebounding advantage and the wing 3 which they never miss (where our defensive player is always out of position) are a pain to deal with. The worst thing imo is missing layups especially when wide open along with the airball in the paint shots.. that's completely new and I don't know how they thought that was good for the game..

teamduncan

Rookie 2
There is some level of randomness. But overall I'll still win over lower level and lose to higher.
But it's been a few times where I lost to a lower and win over higher. I would say more than last year. But as whole higher ovr still wins more

Altavilla

Pro 1
Same .. SD over the last 24 hours was horrible for me.. could not buy a 3..
Season to some extent got used to the difficultly.. Luka s clutch comes in really handy but the horrible rebounding advantage and the wing 3 which they never miss (where our defensive player is always out of position) are a pain to deal with. The worst thing imo is missing layups especially when wide open along with the airball in the paint shots.. that's completely new and I don't know how they thought that was good for the game..
Man, I just missed 2 layups and 1 dunk in a SD game.
I tried an SD game on auto just now and, as an 82, lost my quarter 5-11 against an 80. WTF?!

At least on S3, even at the worst times, I still had season for a nice enjoyable game. Now not even that anymore.

And the rate that player ovrs are growing?!
Last week there were 82 cards at the store for 10k EA cash (or something) and now there are 85s and 86s around?!
Are p2w supposed to spend 50k EA cash every week?!

I was one of the players excited about this beginning of S4, but now I just feel I need a break from this game. In fact, the game appears to be asking players to take a break.

Spyda9man

Pro 2
Man, I just missed 2 layups and 1 dunk in a SD game.
I tried an SD game on auto just now and, as an 82, lost my quarter 5-11 against an 80. WTF?!

At least on S3, even at the worst times, I still had season for a nice enjoyable game. Now not even that anymore.

And the rate that player ovrs are growing?!
Last week there were 82 cards at the store for 10k EA cash (or something) and now there are 85s and 86s around?!
Are p2w supposed to spend 50k EA cash every week?!

I was one of the players excited about this beginning of S4, but now I just feel I need a break from this game. In fact, the game appears to be asking players to take a break.
I find the season/SD getting harder myself too. And I just did the halloween campaign where I was up by 6 and skelly backs up close to halfcourt and shoots up what I thought was a hail Mary (plenty of shot clock and time left) drains the three, like how in the world? Did the AI become stronger and smarter within 6 hours

Altavilla

Pro 1
Gameplay has gone to shit somehow.

I just started a new season and, sure enough, had a much easier time, winning 45-19. But still, gameplay was horrible. All I did was shoot 3s and go for the steal, jamming the button. If I try to pass the ball I get stolen. If I go to the basket I get stolen or blocked. I just "gave up" and did the last quarter on auto.

toxa

Rookie 1
I like the gameplay, it's harder but I still manage to win. Players seem to miss more dunks and layups but it's because we are still at low overall.
I especially love season mode which is now more competitive and I have some tight matches in playoffs especially where opponent teams are boosted and have overall rating of 82-84.
I don't know if u recognized that as you win more and more seasons the opponent team overall is raising by a little.
So for now example in my season 4 in playoffs teams have 84 overall where in season 1 they had less than 80.
U can see that from game 1 in season all the way up to playoffs opponent team overall is raising.
Regular season is easy, but in playoffs where they have higher overall than you It gets fun

Altavilla

Pro 1
Taking a break from this game.

No way I’ll be working my ass off to get an 83 card from a promo when others get 86s (for 500 bucks or whatever).
And gameplay sucks.

Just listed all my 80+ cards. Cya soon, I hope.

Last edited:

toxa

Rookie 1
I'm interested since when players are missing so many clutch shots ? (I didn't play last season).
In showdown I play with street and Embiid is literally missing every second game his clutch shot, very frustrating. It mostly ends if he scored that one I would win or at least draw.

At the beggining of the season I used sharpshooter in showdown and Doncic was also missing sometimes his clutch shots but not as often as Embiid.

Was it like this last season as well? I remember S1 & S2 clutch shots were 100% make..

Spyda9man

Pro 2
Gameplay has gone to shit somehow.

I just started a new season and, sure enough, had a much easier time, winning 45-19.
For anyone not using him: the Cyote boost item quick sells for 250k
Dont u need it for a set?
I'm interested since when players are missing so many clutch shots ? (I didn't play last season).
In showdown I play with street and Embiid is literally missing every second game his clutch shot, very frustrating. It mostly ends if he scored that one I would win or at least draw.

At the beggining of the season I used sharpshooter in showdown and Doncic was also missing sometimes his clutch shots but not as often as Embiid.

Was it like this last season as well? I remember S1 & S2 clutch shots were 100% make..
In their description it says it's still blockable/can miss

betaman411

All-Star 1
My Joel missed one the other day. I just figured it's a higher percentage like 99.9999999% and that last 0.1 was when he missed.
I've missed quite a few Embiid clutch shots in Season. Hardly any Luka in Season or SD. Haven't played much with Embiid in SD yet.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakito
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.