• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Season 3 Complaint/Suggestion Thread

Does anyone know the key to not getting pulled a certain way by the defense? Sometimes if you drive the paint, the defender will literally drag you out of bounds and if you're lucky they say it's off of the defender. The same "drag/pull" happens a lot at the top of the key and FT line. I'm guessing it's some sort of animation to make it seem like the defender is playing good defense, but for you more experienced players, how do you avoid this? So far, my solution has been to just avoid those situations entirely, so 90+ percent of my game is the perimeter, except for fast break layups.

Just try to keep the distance to avoid the contact. Or if you want to drive past someone, you gotta have the speed for it. But more often than not, other solution is just to stop pressing the run/drive button when you see it may happen, or not drive the way that prompts that steal-related animation

Anyway, for more suggestions, I could use a nba-today rep event like last year's, It could have minimal rewards in xp and coin. just rep.

This is pretty much what I try to do, it works for the most part.

betaman411

All-Star 1
It would be nice if running right to left in the shuttle run events let us see more of the court ahead of us. Running left to right you can easily see what's in front of you and make adjustments, but going right to left is a pain in the ass
The obstacles are in two sets (i.e. they move together in pairs) so if you can see two then you can see four.

Altavilla

Pro 1
Re: Season 3 Complaint/Suggestion

Probably my last post for some time (I need a break from this game), so here it is...

1) the AH is not a market anymore neither even feels like one... it?s just a place where you have to guess how much EA is willing to pay for each card.

I feel like a lab-rat being squeezed for $$$, getting terrible deals out of it, in some horrible social experiment.

The AH was one of the main aspects in this game for me. The main aspect, now that I think about it. Now it?s gone. I would prefer if EA just announced the price (like in the ?Sell? option) and stopped jerking us around with SP?s and BN?s bullshit.

2) difficulty is too hard on 5v5 events and even on simple drills

It?s VERY frustrating losing a simple drill, with an 80 ovr that made 3 perfect shots.

3) gameplay is very frustrating

My players keep making stupid frustrating mistakes (even against teams with much lower ovr?s) that take the fun out of gameplay for me.

There are many more, but if they could solve these 3 (which I now doubt EA even wants to) I would consider getting back into the game. Right now I?m just going through the motions, giving the game some more time to improve somehow, but my expectations are very low and I don?t see myself getting past Xmas (which is when I plan to get me a PS4).

Remember when we payed first for the game (2K for me usually) and got endless hours of fun out of it? I remember playing full seasons with 48 min games. One time I think I played some 10 seasons (maybe with a lot of simulated results during regular season). What did those games cost? 20? 40?

Now it feels like they expect me to pay 50 per month!!! **** this... I?m not paying to feel like EA?s lab rat being milked for $.

you won't find me disagreeing with you here but I remember you mentioned the lack of events that costs stamina the other day. I dont know if they will ever add more events that don't cost stamina (really would be nice) but I had more fun than I thought I would by just messing around in the stamina event. You really start to notice little small details that will change a shot lol. I especially figured out that damned fadeaway that the AI always does and is unstoppable (I know, it was explained in one of the event or tutorials earlier this season, but I didn't know it was such an effective shot. Growing up we were taught fading away was bad lol.)

Sure it only lasts less than a minute but it's easy to start a new one at least. Haven't missed a dunk one time in the event :oops: :oops:

Yeah, i forgot about the stamina thing.

I took a step back from this game, playing fewer hours daily. I spent a lot of time at the AH last season and, with it gone, there?s not much else to do. I just had to re-arrange my play to fewer hours, spending less time in this forum, etc.

I also switched to being a no-money-player and that was important. It lowered my expectations which brought frustration to more manageble levels. So now my reaction to frustrations in this game is more of a ?meh? instead of the previous ?**** this lousy deal? hehe (like the recent lowering of stats that made my 80 Oladipo better than my 80 Harden).

I get your point on the stamina event. I didn?t even know about the fadeaway shot, so thanks for that. But what i need to keep doing is to cut on my playing time. I?m catching up a bit on my reading now (with the extra time I have) but soon enough i should go for Fallout 4 and play this in a much more casual fashion.

Right now i?m motivated to try and figure out how the prices for each elite will evolve (right now 80?s are at 100k when they used to be at 200k). Now that EA has such a tight grip on prices this should be the way to go about managing your team.

Another possible problem with S3 would be a lack of new human players. I think the total number of players went from around 150k to some 50k (if someone can provide more accurate numbers it would be great). This would explain why SD is so difficult: it?s mostly veteran players from S2.

AussieMJ

Rookie 1
Showdown match vs gatoverde36 17 - 4, 0 - 19

Why does this BS happen? We're not playing a person we're playing a randomnly generated algorithm.

EA, are you that thick that you can't work out that this crap makes the people who pay you, very, very, unhappy!

Why does this BS happen? We're not playing a person we're playing a randomnly generated algorithm.

EA, are you that thick that you can't work out that this crap makes the people who pay you, very, very, unhappy!

That is so annoying, I'm surprised it didn't win 14-0, just to really rub it in. Seems to be how it goes with me. Yesterday, I had 5 matches in an 8 match stretch, where I lost by ONE point. I'd have last possession, go for my usual shot, wide open, just to brick and find out that was a game decider. 5 matches I lost by a point, all of which I outscored the AI by 9 points.

Once I realized how the matches were going (vs other 80s), I took the hint and logged off for a while. There's levels of it: 1) Can't make a wide open shot 2) AI wont miss anything even contested 3) You are allowed to score, but the AI will score every time down whether offensive rebounds or just not missing. I just wish it would be the same difficulty for my opponent, like an even playing field, especially when we both have the same OVR. Just makes it worse to have to try to make a 3 every time down because the AI is unstoppable, but you end the match to find out your AI scored a total of 2 points and lost 2-17!

edlllpt

Pro 1

That is so annoying

Don't you guys have occasions where you are the one getting over +15 while your opponent did good but was the one losing?

And you just happily think ' that was a close one!' and quickly move on to the next? I don't get why it should be that frustrating if it's something that goes both ways.

That is so annoying

Don't you guys have occasions where you are the one getting over +15 while your opponent did good but was the one losing?

And you just happily think ' that was a close one!' and quickly move on to the next? I don't get why it should be that frustrating if it's something that goes both ways.

I see where you're coming from, I do. It very well could go both ways. All I can say, is you'd have to see my matches.

Edit: right after I sent this, Isaiah Thomas, yes, 5 foot 8 Isaiah Thomas, got an offensive rebound over my Embiid and proceeded to dunk it with TWO hands. Take things like that along with the typical things that shouldn't happen, and it's easy to get frustrated at times.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
That is so annoying

I see where you're coming from, I do. It very well could go both ways. All I can say, is you'd have to see my matches.

Edit: right after I sent this, Isaiah Thomas, yes, 5 foot 8 Isaiah Thomas, got an offensive rebound over my Embiid and proceeded to dunk it with TWO hands. Take things like that along with the typical things that shouldn't happen, and it's easy to get frustrated at times.
Embrace the frustration.. this is NBA live mobile...
My theory on nerfed shooting for the past week is it might be to combat the 100% glitch.. maybe..

The AI posting up beyond the 3 point line (sometimes 3 feet from the half court line) with time counting down is a near 100 % shot. C'mon EA.

betaman411

All-Star 1
That is so annoying

I had the same thing happen to me and it was also on Embiid.

The pattern I've noticed recently is my matches against higher OVR's are 'easier' than against much lower ones. I played a 77 and a 82 back to back and won the 82 match by a couple and lost the 77 match by more than 5. I'm an 80. Of course, I can't say anything about the skill level of the individual players but it's reasonable to assume the higher skilled players have the higher OVR's right now for the simple fact they play more and care about their teams more than the casual player.

betaman411

All-Star 1

My theory on nerfed shooting for the past week is it might be to combat the 100% glitch.. maybe..
Isn't the 100% glitch only in lvl or has it been in SD too?? Man, that would explain A LOT! :lol:

Isn't the 100% glitch only in lvl or has it been in SD too?? Man, that would explain A LOT! :lol:

I wish they'd de-glitch the AI, they've done some ridiculous things!!!

I just won a match 20-2. Then my ai lost 19-3. This make me an algorithm then???

Anatdoc

All-Star 3

Ya only in lvl.. but knowing EA.. this is their fix..:)

edlllpt

Pro 1

the trick is to understand what AI does well and replicate. the other day you were talking about the wonders of figuring out the fadeways that AI does. that looked like the right approach to me ;)

I still agree that post fadeways for 3 using the same animation that is used in post shots inside is ridiculous tho, whoever is doing them. same ridiculousness applies to catch and shoot fadeaways from centers like DeAndre. It could make sense when there's no time in the clock but it's often silly.

These centers that don't attempt 3s at all IRL, should have the same 3-pointer of 56ovr Joakim Noah: 10! But those are the things that should have been thought before the start of the season, no more stats changes now please :roll:

betaman411

All-Star 1

the trick is to understand what AI does well and replicate. the other day you were talking about the wonders of figuring out the fadeways that AI does. that looked like the right approach to me ;)

I still agree that post fadeways for 3 using the same animation that is used in post shots inside is ridiculous tho, whoever is doing them. same ridiculousness applies to catch and shoot fadeaways from centers like DeAndre. It could make sense when there's no time in the clock but it's often silly.

These centers that don't attempt 3s at all IRL, should have the same 3-pointer of 56ovr Joakim Noah: 10! But those are the things that should have been thought before the start of the season, no more stats changes now please :roll:
I'd settle for nerfing them the same way they do my C in the "easy" Heat Blitz event!! I think I've completed that event once (the easy one with no 3's too) and tried a myriad of centers...completely ridiculous.

I thought I found a goldmine the other day when I replicated that fadeaway, when it worked the first two times in SD, but then the next 5 times was "off balance shot" miss!! It's just not the same as the AI because the AI has "luck" on it's side when it wants to.

I agree, I'm not a huge fan of post release stat changes, but if you play 2K, they will adjust a player's rating and stats throughout the season to make them more accurate, thereby making gameplay better in a sense. Yes, they definitely should have done a better job on the centers making 3's, whether it's a stat issue or an AI issue,

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief

I thought I found a goldmine the other day when I replicated that fadeaway, when it worked the first two times in SD, but then the next 5 times was "off balance shot" miss!! It's just not the same as the AI because the AI has "luck" on it's side when it wants to.

I agree, I'm not a huge fan of post release stat changes, but if you play 2K, they will adjust a player's rating and stats throughout the season to make them more accurate, thereby making gameplay better in a sense. Yes, they definitely should have done a better job on the centers making 3's, whether it's a stat issue or an AI issue,

Yeah as long as the AI has been doing it the player could only get a make from it in the 1st or 2nd attempt at it in each game after that it isn't counted a regular shot I tried that out long ago

edlllpt

Pro 1

I see, but I wouldn't care about the 'off balance' text, I would look at the percentage. If you guarantee the 'open shot' percentages in your fadeaways, they're still a handy solution. But like all outside shots, afaik, none of them have the (excessive) reliability of some step-backs in season 1.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.