• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Season 3 Bug/Glitch Thread

Hroswith

Rookie 3
Anyone else having trouble staying logged in?

The game has crashed during either a showdown, campaign or Dr. j. Challenge five time today and keeps throwing me out.

So much stamina blown while losing all rewards.

Dont use the pressbox cam for the promo live events. If you have half inch of your foot out of the box you'll lose stamina. I have no problems with the Baseline cam

G34

Rookie 1
Dont use the pressbox cam for the promo live events. If you have half inch of your foot out of the box you'll lose stamina. I have no problems with the Baseline cam

The reason why that works is because there's a bug in the pressbox cam.
sometimes, things in pressbox cam, are not where you think they are. One of the overlays is off.
Where you see the player, the court and the ball visually is not where the game itself thinks it is.
Best you can do in that challenge if using pressbox is hug the out of bounds line as much as you can and stay away from the left and right side of the shooting rectangle. i usually get 1 out of 2 or 3 in using that method from that spot.

I had mentioned this to EA in the past but they just ignored me.
My Carter for instance can sometimes go a foot or two out of bounds and continue playing. In other instances, a player practically hugging the out of bounds line and the resulting shot is a 2-pointer.

VCARTER OUT OF BOUNDS.png

Don't even let me get started about the rigged showdown and league player AI.
I avoid when i can playing with OVR smaller than mine since it most often than not, i play with a team with terrible players but the player AI in game is bonkers.
Incredible shots and passes made while my 109ovr teams play like amateurs. What is worst is that often times the hold bar button acts as a repulsor where you press the button and your player moves backwards away from the ball holder thus giving him an open shot to score with ease.

TomH

Pro 2
Anyone else having the invisible clutch and ITP zones for opponents. I’ve had it the last 2 days. Makes it difficult to defend/block a clutch 3 when you can’t see it coming.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
Anyone else having the invisible clutch and ITP zones for opponents. I’ve had it the last 2 days. Makes it difficult to defend/block a clutch 3 when you can’t see it coming.
It was part of the update you updated early they didn't force the update until after maintenance 2 1/2 hours ago so now everyone will experience it and I'm confident it's planned and not a bug

TomH

Pro 2
Great. So we lose the chance to play hard D and keep ai out of clutch zone and any meaningful chance of block.

You’ve been around this game a lot longer than me - what possible reason to do that? Or are they just removing anything they think is unnecessary to ease the burden pvp will create?

betaman411

All-Star 1
Great. So we lose the chance to play hard D and keep ai out of clutch zone and any meaningful chance of block.

You’ve been around this game a lot longer than me - what possible reason to do that? Or are they just removing anything they think is unnecessary to ease the burden pvp will create?
Not Stewie but my guess is they couldn't figure it out in time for PvP beta so just decided to roll it out as-is. Whether or not it stays like this for s4 is anybody's guess at this point.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief

Could be anything the first thing (and a reasonably thought based on their track record) that comes to mind is them wanting to make it harder or it could be a mistake, or just a test no one knows for sure yet

TomH

Pro 2
Thanks guys.

On another note, while 11 SD matches is a small sample, it seems balance has been restored to SD. After 11 matchups - 1 111, 1 110, 7 109, 2 107, it seems The Great OVR Nerf of 2019 has ceased. FEMA is warning users to remain in their shelters until this can be confirmed.

Thanks guys.

On another note, while 11 SD matches is a small sample, it seems balance has been restored to SD. After 11 matchups - 1 111, 1 110, 7 109, 2 107, it seems The Great OVR Nerf of 2019 has ceased. FEMA is warning users to remain in their shelters until this can be confirmed.
Lol yup it seems better today. Back to putting up 20-6 rather than the 18-14 I was getting.

G34

Rookie 1
It seems The Great OVR Nerf of 2019 has ceased.

Knowing EA this is only a temporary cease fire.

One reason might be because they'll have their hands tied working to get all the bugs out of Arena beta. So they might have decided to ease up on the nerfed games as not to get as many complains about it as they do now. Have people more focused on complaining/reporting things about the new beta in hopes they get it ready for S4.

Another theory is that since the nerf in the past has been rather game wide, they haven't found a way to isolate it from the Arena beta (as evident in pre-beta trial videos of arena where the nerf exists) They might have decided for the time being, to drop the nerf as not to be too evident during Arena games that you have more than a single person witnessing the behavior and most likely since it's a new feature, avoid the embarrassing review videos that will show up on youtube.

Just a hunch, nothing based on any evidence.
I've been playing games long enough to recognize the patterns.

dub365

All-Star 1
Knowing EA this is only a temporary cease fire.

One reason might be because they'll have their hands tied working to get all the bugs out of Arena beta. So they might have decided to ease up on the nerfed games as not to get as many complains about it as they do now. Have people more focused on complaining/reporting things about the new beta in hopes they get it ready for S4.

Another theory is that since the nerf in the past has been rather game wide, they haven't found a way to isolate it from the Arena beta (as evident in pre-beta trial videos of arena where the nerf exists) They might have decided for the time being, to drop the nerf as not to be too evident during Arena games that you have more than a single person witnessing the behavior and most likely since it's a new feature, avoid the embarrassing review videos that will show up on youtube.

Just a hunch, nothing based on any evidence.
I've been playing games long enough to recognize the patterns.
Astute observations. Interested to see what happens in the coming days/weeks

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.