• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Q&A on Reddit with NBALM's community manager

TomH

Pro 2
I think EA wants the top f2p (or close to it) players to retain their team building power.
Because if we don’t p2p players won’t have as much of an incentive to spend.

If that is the case, letting us keep our coins for S4 makes perfect sense. Well I hope that’s the case anyway
It also reduces incentive for coin buying from coin sellers which despite EA’s best efforts is still a thing.

As soon as they removed the AH from promos they began useless to me. Perhaps some people like trying different cards or maintaining a competitive advantage but I haven't had a reason to be competitive this year. I am at 108 OVR operating with a coin balance of less than 2M. The only thing I spent coins on is coin packs. My alt has 10M but I haven't bought a card all season. I guess if I had loftier goals I might feel differently.

Altavilla

Pro 1
I wouldn't say useless at all but I agree with the sentiment at the end
They may have done it already. Some top cards are very hard to get even with a lot of coins. Even if they’re auctionable. You need cash for those.
Not useless but much less relevant than in S3 or even earlier in this season. They may have reached their intended balance of coins/cash for this game.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
They may have done it already. Some top cards are very hard to get even with a lot of coins. Even if they’re auctionable. You need cash for those.
Not useless but much less relevant than in S3 or even earlier in this season. They may have reached their intended balance of coins/cash for this game.
One may think that but there's always a lower place they can go with it

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
As someone that has played many times drunk or tipsy this is definitely a terrible idea. I can imagine playtesting and trying to figure out how to improve things lol. Explains a lot for sure.
Yeah I've done it as well and it is not something recommended with power at your hands

dub365

All-Star 1
An all-time favorite movie quote seems applicable here:

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son"

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
Btw earlier today Jenny announced she is leaving her position as community manager for this game thus once again leaving us without a CM and those that played all 3 seasons saw what happened when we lost Cornell and had that long break before the short lived tenure of Marc Price and the long break before we got Jenny

TomH

Pro 2
Btw earlier today Jenny announced she is leaving her position as community manager for this game thus once again leaving us without a CM and those that played all 3 seasons saw what happened when we lost Cornell and had that long break before the short lived tenure of Marc Price and the long break before we got Jenny

Leaving Brian to truly run riot. Maybe Jenny contradicted him one too many times.

Also was watching a YT vid on Madden mobile 20 (I don’t play it) and they still have coins but seemingly less important? They’ve added some kind of jewels currency. Here we gooooo.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
Leaving Brian to truly run riot. Maybe Jenny contradicted him one too many times.

Also was watching a YT vid on Madden mobile 20 (I don’t play it) and they still have coins but seemingly less important? They’ve added some kind of jewels currency. Here we gooooo.
Yeah what goes there usually makes it way to us in a similar fashion no matter how much Brian likes to say they're different

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakito
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.