• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

IS THE 1 DRIVE LVL NERF GETTING WORSE?

picklegoat

Rookie 2
I don't wanna be a conbtrarian but I have noticed zero difference in my qtrs lately. It wasn't until someone brought it up that left our league and then i paid attention. I'm pretty much +18-+25 every time unless I face some crazy 109 team as a 108. I would imagine EA would say this isn't a thing.

betaman411

All-Star 1
I don't wanna be a conbtrarian but I have noticed zero difference in my qtrs lately. It wasn't until someone brought it up that left our league and then i paid attention. I'm pretty much +18-+25 every time unless I face some crazy 109 team as a 108. I would imagine EA would say this isn't a thing.
what rank is your league?

I haven't noticed any differences between my quarters recently but one of my leaguemates gets it all the time. He can go 22-2 in one and 15-12 or 9-5 in another. My biggest issue is when we play leagues with a better ovr average. Whenever we see more than 2 110s i know we're screwed.

picklegoat

Rookie 2
I think being 200 explains a lot. My context is playing almost only top 100 leagues, often with multiple 110s.

I don't. We were top 100 for a chunk of the year. The only reason we got knocked back so far is because we had like a 2 week stretch where we hit almost all top 65 teams.

I have heard about 5 different theories about what it takes to have 2 good qtrs and I have tried them all, it has been very similar. Some people go "play one qtr, then wait at least 1 hr bf playing the other." Some go "make sure your play a season game bf you play your qtr." Etc. etc.

Now if the game settings change across the board and shots are tighter or looser at certain times of the yr after a maintenance I can see that. But the idea that one qtr is just randomly nerfed I can't see it.

We played Elysium, ranked 68 and 70 when we played them back to back this week. In 1 match we lost 633-617 and I was +16 with 55 points (4 qtr total). The next match we lost 668-641, I was -15 with 40 points. I think I just had 1 good match and 1 bad match, I don't recall being nerfed and in each match I had winning qtrs, just 1 was a lot better and the opponent who played me was stronger when I lost -15.

EA might not say it's a thing, but they claim you don't get nerfed in Showdown either.

I play the same opponent back-to-back and I can go 14-12 in one quarter and 24-6 in the next. I don't believe this means I played badly in the first quarter and better in the second quarter. I played the same in both quarters. The AI happened to be easier in the second quarter. It doesn't happen every day and a large part of it depends on the OVR of the opponent and the total OVR of the league we're facing. The rank is not that important as there are plenty of newly established, lower rank leagues with high OVR.

I don't feel I'm as good or as bad as the quarters/margin suggests. Theoretically, I could play better I suppose but I don't believe people have as much control over the quarter outcomes as they'd like to imagine. As soon as you hit that play now button it's up to the AI how well you're going to do. The higher OVR you are, the more you can negate that, but I have seen a lot of 109s come a cropper in LvL play despite the rightful assumption that they have a high OVR advantage, which is the case when it comes to their own AI not their manual play.

picklegoat

Rookie 2
EA might not say it's a thing, but they claim you don't get nerfed in Showdown either.

I play the same opponent back-to-back and I can go 14-12 in one quarter and 24-6 in the next. I don't believe this means I played badly in the first quarter and better in the second quarter. I played the same in both quarters. The AI happened to be easier in the second quarter. It doesn't happen every day and a large part of it depends on the OVR of the opponent and the total OVR of the league we're facing. The rank is not that important as there are plenty of newly established, lower rank leagues with high OVR.

I don't feel I'm as good or as bad as the quarters/margin suggests. Theoretically, I could play better I suppose but I don't believe people have as much control over the quarter outcomes as they'd like to imagine. As soon as you hit that play now button it's up to the AI how well you're going to do. The higher OVR you are, the more you can negate that, but I have seen a lot of 109s come a cropper in LvL play despite the rightful assumption that they have a high OVR advantage, which is the case when it comes to their own AI not their manual play.

Well I guess that's my point. Everyone is noticing different things. You just said, you don't think the rank matter, Tom H thinks it does. Some people feel it is about the timing issue, some people just think 1 qtr is auto nerfed. Someone has to be wrong and someone has to be right with so many different theories. I imagine the answer is not some algorhythm that nerfs a specific qtr though.

TomH

Pro 2
Well, yesterday was +20/+4. Second drive “perfect”/ dead center/+20/open shots not falling. Opponents ai couldn’t miss. So it is something, as almost everyone here experiences.

marvan

Rookie 1
Hi every one. I play daily with more than one account LvL for 2 years now...

All the following can happen:

* 1st q easy 2nd q difficult (nerfed)
* 1st q difficult (nerfed) 2nd q easy
* both difficult
* both easy
* Nerfed inside a quarter

Most frequent of course one easy and one difficult with no particular order

I have come to the conclusion that the parameters that govern what the AI gives without been able to determine the importance of each one:

1. Opponents team ovr vs your teams ovr

2. Opponents league ovr vs your league's ovr

3. Difference in league score the time you play the game
example: If your league has better ovr and your league is behind in score most probably you will get easy q's

4. Score of your opponent if he has played already
example: If you play against a player that has already played you will get easy game-play until you equalize his performance

5. Randomness

6. Randomness

7. Randomness

What makes you a good player is that in difficult game-play you don't get destroyed and when you get it easy you do a +30

I have never seen someone that does not cheat that get good scores (+25's) daily

picklegoat

Rookie 2
Well, yesterday was +20/+4. Second drive “perfect”/ dead center/+20/open shots not falling. Opponents ai couldn’t miss. So it is something, as almost everyone here experiences.

I believe there is something too. Just seems everyone has a different theory and nobody in my league has cracked the code.

combat008

Rookie 1
There has definitely been some nerfing in lvl. Played against a 105 and barely could score cause my 3 point shooters were bricking wide open threes and i mean WIDE WIDE open with perfect release.

Elysium

Rookie 1
We played Elysium, ranked 68 and 70 when we played them back to back this week....

Ah, I see you're a man of culture, mentioning us in this thread! :D Hello to the United Ballerz Club!

On the other note, as a member of TOP100 league, I can definitely say that I'm often facing the same 1 drive LvL nerf. I can play the same opponent two times, once scoring like +4 and other time scoring +14 or similarly. And I always play the same, I have the same tactics since Season 1 and I don't change my playstyle, so there's definitely something shady going on with the AI difficulty and with rebounding/scoring percentage.

picklegoat

Rookie 2
Ah, I see you're a man of culture, mentioning us in this thread! :D Hello to the United Ballerz Club!

On the other note, as a member of TOP100 league, I can definitely say that I'm often facing the same 1 drive LvL nerf. I can play the same opponent two times, once scoring like +4 and other time scoring +14 or similarly. And I always play the same, I have the same tactics since Season 1 and I don't change my playstyle, so there's definitely something shady going on with the AI difficulty and with rebounding/scoring percentage.

Hello nemesis, lol. I definitely think there is a difficulty setting of sorts... something that has changed recently. Scoring is more scattered. I don't wanna beat a dead horse but I just think that everyone is saying it's a 1 nerf qtr thing and that just doesn't seem to be it with all the other comments and theories.

For purpsoes of being productive, has anyone alerted Brian/Jenny etc about this phenonenom?

Gliz

Rookie 1
Yep was just talking about this is league. I put up 19-0 and then decided to go again against same line up. First min i couldn’t even score and the Ai were immune to steal and got every rebound. Finished with like a +4, it’s so skewed it’s makes so noticeable.

dub365

All-Star 1
Hello nemesis, lol. I definitely think there is a difficulty setting of sorts... something that has changed recently. Scoring is more scattered. I don't wanna beat a dead horse but I just think that everyone is saying it's a 1 nerf qtr thing and that just doesn't seem to be it with all the other comments and theories.

For purpsoes of being productive, has anyone alerted Brian/Jenny etc about this phenonenom?
Well Jenny don't work there no mo. And Brian would tell us that, in no uncertain terms, it must be how we are playing. "Make sure to set your feet before shooting...."

benkangquan

Rookie 1
I just played a team of PG Yao, SG Carter, SF Yao, PF Yao, C Yao. 110 vs 110. I got +4, my Harden clutch got blocked, both Russell buzzers got blocked, combined with 2-3 normal 3s. I didnt miss a shot and only hit 9-8 and 11-8 in the Qs

X020179

Pro 1
I just played a team of PG Yao, SG Carter, SF Yao, PF Yao, C Yao. 110 vs 110. I got +4, my Harden clutch got blocked, both Russell buzzers got blocked, combined with 2-3 normal 3s. I didnt miss a shot and only hit 9-8 and 11-8 in the Qs
Both Russell buzzer beaters?

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
I went up agst a few pg yaos.. didnt find him much of a problem at all.. misses open shots.. has this weird, ugly 3 point shooting action..
Baylor and steph worry me much more.. steph still doesnt miss when left open.
On a side note.. 105 westbrook is really good on manual play rt now but assuming his ai wont be that great

combat008

Rookie 1
I went up agst a few pg yaos.. didnt find him much of a problem at all.. misses open shots.. has this weird, ugly 3 point shooting action..
Baylor and steph worry me much more.. steph still doesnt miss when left open.
On a side note.. 105 westbrook is really good on manual play rt now but assuming his ai wont be that great
Idk I'm seeing the opposite of this. Curry is very easy to steal from but that could be because I use all defense boost. Baylor against Yao gets blocked everytime he uses the ability. Could be that the all defense boost just negated curry and baylor quite hardly but curry has been always easy to steal from from my experience.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.