• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

IS THE 1 DRIVE LVL NERF GETTING WORSE?

TomH

Pro 2
This one drive nerf in lvl has always been a thing. But it’s getting worse. Our league continues to climb the ladder - just hit top 75, but every member is getting badly nerfed for 1 drive. Happens whether playing higher or lower rated league. Happens whether playing same ovr or 1 down. We used to be able to sidestep it by splitting drives and /or closing out app after good first drive, reopening app, playing second drive. But nothing works anymore. Our entire league is infected. Has anyone found a cure?

I get it that same thing is happening to opponent but it begs the question then - why have it at all?? It takes away some enjoyment from gameplay for sure.

X020179

Pro 1
Interesting concept. I believe Stewie309 Stewie309 has been experiencing this somewhat lately but I’m unsure if he plays both quarters at once or spaces them out. I haven’t tried splitting drives in awhile as my gameplay as a whole has been poor since getting to 109.

betaman411

All-Star 1
I swear by this nerf too but every time we face a Top 50 team every member of their team is +30 or greater and it’s usually +15 per drive.

The bigger nerf in my mind is the Team OVR/Rank one. Where the AI of a 108 on a Top 50 team plays completely different than +100 rank 108. Seems to be some nerf related to the overall Team OVR that also factors in rank somehow?!

Leroi36

Rookie 1
I swear by this nerf too but every time we face a Top 50 team every member of their team is +30 or greater and it’s usually +15 per drive.

The bigger nerf in my mind is the Team OVR/Rank one. Where the AI of a 108 on a Top 50 team plays completely different than +100 rank 108. Seems to be some nerf related to the overall Team OVR that also factors in rank somehow?!
I reckon this has legs - I'm in a top 100 league (top 10 for size) and usually beat 108s fairly comfortably (I'm 108 also), unless it's a 108 in a league ranked higher than ours, then I'm lucky if I get a + of single digits! I just had exactly that happen - playing a top 25 league, went up against another 108....ended +1!

It happens too often to be a coincidence!

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
Interesting concept. I believe Stewie309 Stewie309 has been experiencing this somewhat lately but I’m unsure if he plays both quarters at once or spaces them out. I haven’t tried splitting drives in awhile as my gameplay as a whole has been poor since getting to 109.
What I get now is a really good quarter and a good one it used to be an ok one and a good one but no matter what my bottom line goal is +20 after the 2 quarters anything less is a failure in my eyes

Now I have this image of a bunch of burned-out gamers sitting claiming the nerf is real. I play LVL on two accounts and the nerf seems to come and go. Sometimes I get it on both accounts. Sometimes I do well on one account and not so well on the other. Occasionally, I do well on both accounts. I am a firm believer that team OVR plays a huge role in nerfing as Betaman laid out above.

I have noticed a tendency lately for every rebound and loose ball to go back to the AI. It's amusing because the opposite happens on the heavy blitz and other live events. To me, the worst thing about the AI getting the ball back is the time-wasting. I would rather the AI makes a long jumper than regather the ball twice.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
Now I have this image of a bunch of burned-out gamers sitting claiming the nerf is real. I play LVL on two accounts and the nerf seems to come and go. Sometimes I get it on both accounts. Sometimes I do well on one account and not so well on the other. Occasionally, I do well on both accounts. I am a firm believer that team OVR plays a huge role in nerfing as Betaman laid out above.

I have noticed a tendency lately for every rebound and loose ball to go back to the AI. It's amusing because the opposite happens on the heavy blitz and other live events. To me, the worst thing about the AI getting the ball back is the time-wasting. I would rather the AI makes a long jumper than regather the ball twice.
I hate that ball going back to the ai.. the worst.. especially after a block and the ai 'happens' to be open when they pick up the ball and swishes it.

lol, I hate how the AI treats the loose balls like a catch and shoot animation. It makes the player's reaction time seem otherworldly. The game still reads a deflection as an assist. The same thing happens in assist drills where you get an assist from an AI deflection.

Steve Rogers

Rookie 2
Based on ratings of my team i'm very strong 108 almost 109
This thing happen to me only when we play higher ovr league(not by position,but by higher ovr rating) there is always one drive that i can go 12-14+ even if i face 110ovr but then other drive i would barely made 3-5+ even if i play 106-107 ovr
Latest example is when we beat somw guys from top50 but have equal ovr as our league and then next tournament we lost against some chinese who had mostly 109 ovr with 3-4 lower rated players in their team and they were around 4k place
It's kinda collective league strugle when we face higher ovr rated team by ratings but not by position
In any case stupid AF,it kills the fun

X020179

Pro 1
Well, I just tried this as a 109 against a 108.

First quarter was great. 20-4, but the only points they scored were a Baylor clutch and a buzzer beater by Awards Harden (shouldn’t have gone in by any means but AI will be AI).

Waited about 40 minutes, played the same team, voila.

21-9. While this isn’t the worst score by any means, the AI was noticeably ramped up. Admiral hit a pull up three (which against me appears to be his trademark, Stewie309 Stewie309 has him and his Admiral loves harassing me from the arc like Curry), Baylor was unstoppable, hitting his clutch when it should have definitely been blocked by Hakeem, and KD hitting a Globetrotter layup.

Obviously the sample size is small, but you may be on to something here.

betaman411

All-Star 1
I’ve experienced another kind of nerf where both teams are evenly matched but both experience very low margins +10 or less. I’m always wary when I see the other team has played the majority of their quarters and none of their margins are high. Sure enough, I played 4 quarters today against two 109’s that only managed +10 in each of their 2 quarters against my 109’s so I’m thinking I can take the lead with my 4 quarters and what do I manage...+10 in each as well. In this case both turns were the 2 quarter mini nerfs as well...+8, +2. I mean I know I’m not the best player at this game by a lot, but a +2 against a similar OVR is just ridiculous. Then it happens in 2 quarters....

I also find the longer your win streak and the higher you reach up the ladder board the more likely you are to be hit with some good old fashioned EA adversity.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
I’ve experienced another kind of nerf where both teams are evenly matched but both experience very low margins +10 or less. I’m always wary when I see the other team has played the majority of their quarters and none of their margins are high. Sure enough, I played 4 quarters today against two 109’s that only managed +10 in each of their 2 quarters against my 109’s so I’m thinking I can take the lead with my 4 quarters and what do I manage...+10 in each as well. In this case both turns were the 2 quarter mini nerfs as well...+8, +2. I mean I know I’m not the best player at this game by a lot, but a +2 against a similar OVR is just ridiculous. Then it happens in 2 quarters....
Exact same experience today..lol.. we were going agst a team with lower ovrs and I was wondering why my teammates were not having having crazy margins.. then when I went to play same.. the lower ovr team I went agst kept getting lose balls and rebound putbacks.. and I'm missing open 3s and the full court out of bounds pass..+10 end of day..
But heck I've learnt to accept it.. as long as its positive ...

TomH

Pro 2
It would be rare for me to get to play a 108 now, but when it wasn’t, I’d rather play a 109 in lvl than a lower ovr. I do better against the higher ovr.

And now everyone has Yao as their ai pg which raises a whole new set of issues. But he can be played around. (Off topic I know)

TomH

Pro 2
What I get now is a really good quarter and a good one it used to be an ok one and a good one but no matter what my bottom line goal is +20 after the 2 quarters anything less is a failure in my eyes

I agree with the 20+. But the Last 3 days I’ve had 6 +18s. Exactly +18 (playing 110s and 109s). Typical one is +14/+4. And every time it’s the opponent’s ai on offense - every loose ball, too many O RBs. Steal, they pick it up. Block, they grab it on the floor and in one motion launch a 3. Player speed increases considerably. On O I usually miss once. That doesn’t change. It’s all the ai’s offense.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
I agree with the 20+. But the Last 3 days I’ve had 6 +18s. Exactly +18 (playing 110s and 109s). Typical one is +14/+4. And every time it’s the opponent’s ai on offense - every loose ball, too many O RBs. Steal, they pick it up. Block, they grab it on the floor and in one motion launch a 3. Player speed increases considerably. On O I usually miss once. That doesn’t change. It’s all the ai’s offense.
Yep the defense doesn't seem to change you just miss more but the offense in those quarters can change a lot sadly

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.