• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Impact Replaces TOTW + 1st installment

MartyrX

Rookie 1
Is Impact event playable everyday? Or just on Wed? It says New Players on Wednesday, in the part where the other events say which days they?re available.

revride

Rookie 1
Is Impact event playable everyday? Or just on Wed? It says New Players on Wednesday, in the part where the other events say which days they?re available.

It's playable everyday, for a week, before the players are changed the next week. Which means we can grind out one of the players on the 4th day and the other player on the 7th day.

MartyrX

Rookie 1

It's playable everyday, for a week, before the players are changed the next week. Which means we can grind out one of the players on the 4th day and the other player on the 7th day.

Well you?ll get your 7/14 elite set items every 4th/7th day from the first wins. But the elite trophy items, that will be the limiting factor. 25 gold items per trophy item, 7 trophy set items needed. That?s 175 times to grind the gold item event per 3.5 days (5250 stam) to keep up with the elite set items your obtaining, to get both players each week.

Tbh, I?m not thrilled about players with temp boosts, i don?t see a point in obtaining them, especially when the ovr is so low once the boost is gone. I?d rather grind a promo for an 84/85 player that won?t lost its bonus than this daily event. Im waiting for the superstar impact set to be revealed so we know how many superstar tokens it takes, that will determine how often i try to get the impact players. Maybe 1 a week is grindable while other active promos going on as well, at least until new elevate and next gen players come out.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3

Assuming u can grind out 7 trophy tokens in 4 days..
1 a day is easy.. more than that is achievable but a task..

Sirricky14

Rookie 1
Is it worth the grind? I think it?s not worth it.

after grinding hard, it will be reduced from 86 ovr to 81 ovr.

How about all of its stats, Will it be reduced to -5?

dub365

All-Star 1
I think one per week is beneficial as it will help slowly build up our extra lineups and when the boost is gone you've got a free elite for future trade in sets. May be worth doing both for the Superstar tokens but I keep thinking about TOTM last season & how badly I got burned when we got DICK for completing all the masters.....so there's that :/

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
Is it worth the grind? I think it?s not worth it.

after grinding hard, it will be reduced from 86 ovr to 81 ovr.

How about all of its stats, Will it be reduced to -5?

Im thinking along the lines of collecting the tokens so that maybe for the next group of players we can get them (assuming the tokens can be used for other sets)
Showdown still seems rhe best investment of time and stamina..

Altavilla

Pro 1
The worst tihng to me is that the gold token event is long as hell. Hope is changed to a drill in the future.

It?s the most fun drill I?ve seen in a long time.
Having said that, I probably won?t feel this way in a couple of days, since it?s a bit long.
Maybe having 2 drills (one short and another a bit longer) or make this drill cost 60 stamina (double the rewards) would be an alternative. Now that I think about it, having the drill cost/reward double would be the perfect solution.

betaman411

All-Star 1
I think one per week is beneficial as it will help slowly build up our extra lineups and when the boost is gone you've got a free elite for future trade in sets. May be worth doing both for the Superstar tokens but I keep thinking about TOTM last season & how badly I got burned when we got DICK for completing all the masters.....so there's that :/

Thanks for the reminder... :roll:

So how much stamina "should" I put into this to get the free elite? Too many things going on at once and I'm still delusional enough to believe I can make Legend as an 85 without an elite legend bonus.

So how much stamina "should" I put into this to get the free elite? Too many things going on at once and I'm still delusional enough to believe I can make Legend as an 85 without an elite legend bonus.

I obviously don't know your entire lineup/bench, but if you haven't, I recommend putting Giannis at LEAST as a bench player since he was enough to put me at 86. I swapped him with 84 Kawhi and sure enough reached 86 with Hayward as the other SF (to get full coach boost). Again, your results may vary because you may have totally different players, or you may have the coaches that give the fan boost, which is definitely huge.

Edit: after doing some more tinkering it appears it's vital to have at least one other 85+ beside kyrie, AD, Wilt, Blake or IT. Having Wallace as back up didn't work, but that 85 Jokic from previous week is proving to come in handy.

betaman411

All-Star 1

I obviously don't know your entire lineup/bench, but if you haven't, I recommend putting Giannis at LEAST as a bench player since he was enough to put me at 86. I swapped him with 84 Kawhi and sure enough reached 86 with Hayward as the other SF (to get full coach boost). Again, your results may vary because you may have totally different players, or you may have the coaches that give the fan boost, which is definitely huge.

Edit: after doing some more tinkering it appears it's vital to have at least one other 85+ beside kyrie, AD, Wilt, Blake or IT. Having Wallace as back up didn't work, but that 85 Jokic from previous week is proving to come in handy.
So what's my cheapest path to 86? Feels like I'm at least 2 players away because even when I had 87 Kyrie I was still an 85.

EJMuqN2.jpg

edlllpt

Pro 1
So what's my cheapest path to 86? Feels like I'm at least 2 players away because even when I had 87 Kyrie I was still an 85.

I'm 86 with TO Brad Stevens/Kyrie/Isiah/Oladipo. The other 7 are the same. Stevens is only boosting via 3 players. With Pop in his place, I'm an 85.

edlllpt

Pro 1
The worst tihng to me is that the gold token event is long as hell. Hope is changed to a drill in the future.

wasn't it supposed to be a single pump fake but it was bugged? It would be nice if they figured it out and made it work :)

I think the event is fine tho. you can open it all to let the opponent score and Jingles always shoots ASAP so I've completed it a few times under 30s.

EJMuqN2.jpg

I forgot you sold the Kyrie and I thought you went after Thomas...unless you sold him, too, which isn't a bad move, either depending on how much you got for him. I'm guessing you sold your 85 with the fan boost, too (was pretty sure you said you got one)?

We have nearly the same lineup, but the big differences are at PG and I kept 85 Jokic so he's an extra above Wallace. Kawhi is actually inactive for me, with 83 Hayward(playstyle, benched Russ) and 84 Giannis at SF so you may be able to get by with Wallace since I'm -1 at SF but +1 at C. Everything else is the same, even coach.

I'm at 85.4 and then the +8 is enough to round it.

I'd say the cheapest is to get 85 Jokic (low demand as a center, but probably limited quantity), and see if you can find a couple 85 players (CP3 is probably cheap right now) to make up for the extra points Thomas/Kyrie would normally give. Or maybe Thomas is cheap in your AH and you can grab him in place of Simmons, I kept Thomas and have Kyrie at PG which are the only big differences I see. It's probably gonna be hard to do without 1 or both of Kyrie and Thomas because that's 4 point increase at PG alone)

It definitely looks like some players of the same OVR add different value toward the lineup OVR since switching Giannis and Kawhi pushed me up 1 (and they are balanced and defensive, neither of which match the coach).

I don't know if it has to do with the balanced playstyle of Giannis, or if it's just certain players are like that. If it's playstyle, it would make it much simpler. Hope this helps.

EJMuqN2.jpg

I said a lot in my first reply but after seeing Eddl's reply it definitely looks like all you need is 1 extra 85 and Kyrie/Thomas. I swapped Kawhi and Hayward and the 3 match boost was enough with Stevens, but I drop to 85 with Pop (as Eddl said) so really the main difference are the PGs and 1 extra 85.

Oh, it also turns out with +8 boost from TO stevens I didn't even need Giannis in place of Kawhi, but of course Pop is not enough. (I really want the swc of Pop I think, which requires swapping Giannis in for Kawhi to make up for Pop's lower value)

betaman411

All-Star 1
I forgot you sold the Kyrie and I thought you went after Thomas...unless you sold him, too, which isn't a bad move, either depending on how much you got for him. I'm guessing you sold your 85 with the fan boost, too (was pretty sure you said you got one)?

We have nearly the same lineup, but the big differences are at PG and I kept 85 Jokic so he's an extra above Wallace. Kawhi is actually inactive for me, with 83 Hayward(playstyle, benched Russ) and 84 Giannis at SF so you may be able to get by with Wallace since I'm -1 at SF but +1 at C. Everything else is the same, even coach.

I'm at 85.4 and then the +8 is enough to round it.

I'd say the cheapest is to get 85 Jokic (low demand as a center, but probably limited quantity), and see if you can find a couple 85 players (CP3 is probably cheap right now) to make up for the extra points Thomas/Kyrie would normally give. Or maybe Thomas is cheap in your AH and you can grab him in place of Simmons, I kept Thomas and have Kyrie at PG which are the only big differences I see. It's probably gonna be hard to do without 1 or both of Kyrie and Thomas because that's 4 point increase at PG alone)

It definitely looks like some players of the same OVR add different value toward the lineup OVR since switching Giannis and Kawhi pushed me up 1 (and they are balanced and defensive, neither of which match the coach).

I don't know if it has to do with the balanced playstyle of Giannis, or if it's just certain players are like that. If it's playstyle, it would make it much simpler. Hope this helps.
Yeah, I sold Kyrie and Mitchell. Netted almost 1.5M coins.

Isiah is 550-600k in my AH. Is 85 Jokic a SD bonus player? None in my AH.

The OVR equation is fubar. MUST have something to do with hidden stats which is kind of bogus when you're trying to improve your team AND you can't easily sell players if they don't increase it.

Thanks for the input though. I don't feel like dropping 0.5-1M in coins on bench players for 1 OVR with a promo only a week away. I was planning to stay in Top 2500 and do the e-mail trick but looks like they already caught on. EA F'ers have been lurking on here I bet! :lol:

betaman411

All-Star 1
I said a lot in my first reply but after seeing Eddl's reply it definitely looks like all you need is 1 extra 85 and Kyrie/Thomas. I swapped Kawhi and Hayward and the 3 match boost was enough with Stevens, but I drop to 85 with Pop (as Eddl said) so really the main difference are the PGs and 1 extra 85.

Oh, it also turns out with +8 boost from TO stevens I didn't even need Giannis in place of Kawhi, but of course Pop is not enough. (I really want the swc of Pop I think, which requires swapping Giannis in for Kawhi to make up for Pop's lower value)
Yeah, kinda regretting selling Kyrie and Mitchell right about now...haha

But, I think if I was going to drop coin on some players then one would be a Legend for the SD bonus. I haven't seen many in my AH except Tiny. A could bids on him in the 1.1M range but I haven't followed any to the end to see what he actually sells for...the bin prices are way too high. There's also a Ewing but he's 1.9-2M. Way too rich for my blood...

But, I think if I was going to drop coin on some players then one would be a Legend for the SD bonus. I haven't seen many in my AH except Tiny. A could bids on him in the 1.1M range but I haven't followed any to the end to see what he actually sells for...the bin prices are way too high. There's also a Ewing but he's 1.9-2M. Way too rich for my blood...

Faced Tiny in limited SD matches and his AI was very easy to go against. Would rather face him than Westbrook 10/10 times. Yeah, Jokic was the Center fan boost player they gave. I was bummed I didn't get a non big man, but I was glad I kept him for the Kyrie SD push. I definitely don't blame you for not cutting into all those past profits just for a 1 point OVR with the goodies coming up ahead. I assumed Thomas would be much cheaper than 500K though, since Wilt was as low as 150-200k (of course Wilt was much more common, and many would argue Thomas was the better card).

As far as this week in SD, I say keep grinding even if it's just 2500 and do the email process and worst case they say no, lol, but at least you'll have the extra rep built up. Unless you of course choose to switch to the 30 stamina per gold impact token grind, lol.

The OVR thing is definitely a fubar lol. I didn't even think to switch two coaches of the same playstyle. Gonna have to experiment with that more, but I guess we can conclude that Dribbling is more valuable than scoring with contact as far as OVR goes...which...I guess makes some sort of sense, since having better dribbling would allow more chances to lose defender/create scoring opportunities.

betaman411

All-Star 1

Faced Tiny in limited SD matches and his AI was very easy to go against. Would rather face him than Westbrook 10/10 times. Yeah, Jokic was the Center fan boost player they gave. I was bummed I didn't get a non big man, but I was glad I kept him for the Kyrie SD push. I definitely don't blame you for not cutting into all those past profits just for a 1 point OVR with the goodies coming up ahead. I assumed Thomas would be much cheaper than 500K though, since Wilt was as low as 150-200k (of course Wilt was much more common, and many would argue Thomas was the better card).

As far as this week in SD, I say keep grinding even if it's just 2500 and do the email process and worst case they say no, lol, but at least you'll have the extra rep built up. Unless you of course choose to switch to the 30 stamina per gold impact token grind, lol.

The OVR thing is definitely a fubar lol. I didn't even think to switch two coaches of the same playstyle. Gonna have to experiment with that more, but I guess we can conclude that Dribbling is more valuable than scoring with contact as far as OVR goes...which...I guess makes some sort of sense, since having better dribbling would allow more chances to lose defender/create scoring opportunities.

I could get Oladipo and Thomas for under 1M but I don't think that's a great use of coin. The problem with Thomas is I only had 500k'ish coins during the TO promo and I couldn't sell any of my TO dupes so I couldn't get my OVR high enough to complete the set. Could never pull a SG! I would've needed to spend about 90% of my coins to buy Mitchell or Oladipo to finish it. In hindsight (aka 3.5M coins later) it would've been a no-brainer but then again I also used my available coins to fund making more coins so who knows...

The worst part about the OVR issue is even when you hit "best lineup" it doesn't get it right!

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakito
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.