• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Elite cards not selling under new cap prices

Re: New auction house change ??

The AH is a mess for one simple reason -- people don't know if it's a user buying their card or the bot. Previously, when you couldn't sell a card you figured: "okay, nobody wants to buy my card." Now people are convinced the bot isn't buying it. Chances are if it was listed nobody bid on it. Unfortunately, people think the bot purchases your card if it's in the right price range or if the card is rare in the AH. It doesn't work like that, I'm afraid.

The bot is definitely the one that chooses to buy your card it just is loosely tied into if someone buys the mirror card because even if the motor sells the bot can easily tell you no and not buy your card which then increases the inventory of that card because it turned 1 real card and 1 mirror card into 2 real cards

So if my card insta-sells like it just did, the bot is buying it because someone sniped the mirror card?

I'd imagine that the rookie campaign was such a wimper of a first campaign that a TON of people logged into their account, realized they have to start over with a new lineup with the help of the now and later packs, which depended entirely on how many they purchased and season tickets earned, and just put the app back down. That first campaign was such a money grab, and i'm sure that pushed a bunch of potential buyers away from this game, including the AH.

I had a league with 20+ people active at least 4 times a week. Now? that number's down to like 12 lol

I mean, we see it here from a few posters here or there and this community is a set size, so there's probably hundreds that saw the rollout and bounced lol.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief

The AH is a mess for one simple reason -- people don't know if it's a user buying their card or the bot. Previously, when you couldn't sell a card you figured: "okay, nobody wants to buy my card." Now people are convinced the bot isn't buying it. Chances are if it was listed nobody bid on it. Unfortunately, people think the bot purchases your card if it's in the right price range or if the card is rare in the AH. It doesn't work like that, I'm afraid.

The bot is definitely the one that chooses to buy your card it just is loosely tied into if someone buys the mirror card because even if the motor sells the bot can easily tell you no and not buy your card which then increases the inventory of that card because it turned 1 real card and 1 mirror card into 2 real cards

So if my card insta-sells like it just did, the bot is buying it because someone sniped the mirror card?

If the bot wants it and if it was an elite then it likely won't sell on your end because the bot isn't buying as many originals as there are mirrors selling

66RuckerPark

Rookie 1

Since the new changes they made I have not yet seen my mirror cards at all. The highest I seen the 80ovr posted for was 123k, which was Lebron, the rarer ones can be posted for more I guess.

GOGO

Rookie 1

Then it doesn't go for bin but it can still go for bid

So friend, basically did you sell any base elite recently after the cap change? I haven't seen anyone. I feel like the cards on AH are posted by EA bots only to consume players coins and make us wanna buy coins by cash, and limit the business as much as possible. Maybe there is a low price accepted by EA bots, but I believe it is much much lower than the 100k coins.

Not since the changes no but you make a good point because I wouldn't put it past them to make it a way to drain coins so people buy them from EA
That's the fact. No one that we know has sold any card since that change. ^_^ So lets wait for more changes in AH, but for sure EA is making a mess in AH for us and for themselves as well. Because whenever new cards are dropped, they need to set a price and then they need to change the cap all along the movement of overall curve constantly. lol. Everything is for the coins sale, which is obvious.

GOGO

Rookie 1

Then it doesn't go for bin but it can still go for bid

So friend, basically did you sell any base elite recently after the cap change? I haven't seen anyone. I feel like the cards on AH are posted by EA bots only to consume players coins and make us wanna buy coins by cash, and limit the business as much as possible. Maybe there is a low price accepted by EA bots, but I believe it is much much lower than the 100k coins.

+1 on<I> " I feel like the cards on AH are posted by EA bots only to consume players coins and make us wanna buy coins by cash, and limit the business as much as possible. "</I>

I am trying to sell 80 Demarcus C for over 10 cycles. I've tried any kind of bidding range I could think of & nothing happens. <COLOR color="#FF0000">Annoying!!!</COLOR>
So relax and wait for new changes.

^_^

bdking112

Rookie 1
What's Wrong with this Picture?

<SIZE size="150">This is just ridiculous.</SIZE>

Attachments

• NBA Live Mobile_AH Screenshot_Elite Players Cheap.jpg
    NBA Live Mobile_AH Screenshot_Elite Players Cheap.jpg
    441.2 KB · Views: 991

ramizi

Rookie 2

+1 on<I> " I feel like the cards on AH are posted by EA bots only to consume players coins and make us wanna buy coins by cash, and limit the business as much as possible. "</I>

I am trying to sell 80 Demarcus C for over 10 cycles. I've tried any kind of bidding range I could think of & nothing happens. <COLOR color="#FF0000">Annoying!!!</COLOR>
So relax and wait for new changes.

^_^
WOW, how come we did not think of that one before...

:lol:

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
I updated the title to stop threads from being made about their elite cards not selling

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
Re: What's Wrong with this Picture?

<SIZE size="150">This is just ridiculous.</SIZE>

NBA Live Mobile_AH Screenshot_Elite Players Cheap.jpg

What's wrong is you have 2 cards (Aldridge and Livingston) under the price minimums for that overall so there is an extremely low chance of them selling on top of the already rare chance of the bot buying your elite Aldridge plus there isn't something strange with the timing because the bot hardly ever buys cards before the last hour of the auction

I also merged it with another topic

bdking112

Rookie 1
The points you bring up are valid and they might would mean something if cards were actually selling when one "follows" the new AH guidelines. You mentioned the timing of the AH which I never thought about. That isn't what was wrong with the picture.

The way the AH works now is indeed, ridiculous.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
The points you bring up are valid and they might would mean something if cards were actually selling when one "follows" the new AH guidelines. You mentioned the timing of the AH which I never thought about. That isn't what was wrong with the picture.

The way the AH works now is indeed, ridiculous.

It follows along the guidelines that the bot doesn't buy cards at a price under minimum that EA set (only 1 reported case here this season) but like in many posts here the bot isn't buying cards within the cap either but the minimums are proven because cards under a certain price no matter how much of a snipe they would be aren't seen in the AH nor are they bought by the bot but yes the introduction of price minimums and coins you can buy in the store have ruined the AH for anything elite and the lowering of the price minimums have made it so much worse for sellers but good for buyers

I finally saw someone else selling a Kevin Love in the 100-110k range, same range I'd been trying to sell mine. Idk if this one got sold,,but at least it appeared. Kevin Love must not be a hot card to buy right now lol. Reposted him like 7 times. I get that the AH is mostly guard/SF driven. Kevin better settle in, he's gonna be here a while lol

bdking112

Rookie 1
Stewie309, have you ever seen a case like this before with EA and because of the "public outcry" for change, EA decided to do what the people wanted?

I guess what I'm asking is, in your estimation, do you think the AH will ever be the same again?

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
Stewie309, have you ever seen a case like this before with EA and because of the "public outcry" for change, EA decided to do what the people wanted?

I guess what I'm asking is, in your estimation, do you think the AH will ever be the same again?

They sometimes cave and make changes to help users but it was asked that they fix prices of elites then once they finally did it they made it worse the most popular non-merged thread (there's one about GTs from S2 but it's like 10 threads in 1) on this site is about fixing the AH of this season which I'm sure helped but they have been given many solutions to fix it and they don't want to take advice on fixing their mistakes in the AH they want to come to their own solution that still gives them a chance to influence even 1 person to buy those way over priced coins they sell

They sometimes cave and make changes to help users but it was asked that they fix prices of elites then once they finally did it they made it worse the most popular non-merged thread (there's one about GTs from S2 but it's like 10 threads in 1) on this site is about fixing the AH of this season which I'm sure helped but they have been given many solutions to fix it and they don't want to take advice on fixing their mistakes in the AH they want to come to their own solution that still gives them a chance to influence even 1 person to buy those way over priced coins they sell

I just learned yesterday that they literally increased the AH fee in the past to compensate for the coin selling. I'm still shocked by that. Punish people that have nothing to do with it because a bunch of people abuse it? I mean, that strategy isn't unheard of, but I'm surprised THAT was a choice they thought was good for everyone involved.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief

I just learned yesterday that they literally increased the AH fee in the past to compensate for the coin selling. I'm still shocked by that. Punish people that have nothing to do with it because a bunch of people abuse it? I mean, that strategy isn't unheard of, but I'm surprised THAT was a choice they thought was good for everyone involved.

Yeah the 35% tax and even 20% tax was bullshit

Wow!!!! I didn't know they raised it so high!

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief

Wow!!!! I didn't know they raised it so high!

The 35% didn't last too long maybe like 1-2 weeks then down to 20% and I forgot how long that lasted

I chucked an Elite into the friggin exchange in offseason movers. Kevin "no body loves him" Love. Might be worth it to do this for some cards, otherwise he's just sitting around as dead weight, not getting bid on or used. Got 2 randles out of the 10 golds, so that's at least 30-35 for 2 cards. 8 other cards to make about 80K + 30-35K, which after AH tax is about how much I was selling Love for.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakito
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.