• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Elite cards not selling under new cap prices

edlllpt

Pro 1
Re: New auction house change ??

It seems they're adapting range to specific cards, right?

Porter and Wiggins are there in the AH with a price lower than all others.

Stryker377

Rookie 1

Hey bros I?ve been trying to sell 82 ovr Carmelo without any success. I?ve probably tried 2 sell him 10 different times with different prices. Do any of you guys know what he goes for?

I was under the impression that since those are some of the lower demanded elites, the price has to be lower to have a chance. Porters not a bad card, either. He's on my bench, but he doesn't have name recognition and his gameplay wasn't really outstanding

GOGO

Rookie 1

Yes the mirror always has a higher bin price then the actual card

See, I was curious about this because what if buyers don't like the adjusted bin?

Then it doesn't go for bin but it can still go for bid

So friend, basically did you sell any base elite recently after the cap change? I haven't seen anyone. I feel like the cards on AH are posted by EA bots only to consume players coins and make us wanna buy coins by cash, and limit the business as much as possible. Maybe there is a low price accepted by EA bots, but I believe it is much much lower than the 100k coins.

ramizi

Rookie 2

See, I was curious about this because what if buyers don't like the adjusted bin?

So friend, basically did you sell any base elite recently after the cap change? I haven't seen anyone. I feel like the cards on AH are posted by EA bots only to consume players coins and make us wanna buy coins by cash, and limit the business as much as possible. Maybe there is a low price accepted by EA bots, but I believe it is much much lower than the 100k coins.

+1 on<I> " I feel like the cards on AH are posted by EA bots only to consume players coins and make us wanna buy coins by cash, and limit the business as much as possible. "</I>

I am trying to sell 80 Demarcus C for over 10 cycles. I've tried any kind of bidding range I could think of & nothing happens. <COLOR color="#FF0000">Annoying!!!</COLOR>

+1 on<I> " I feel like the cards on AH are posted by EA bots only to consume players coins and make us wanna buy coins by cash, and limit the business as much as possible. "</I>

I am trying to sell 80 Demarcus C for over 10 cycles. I've tried any kind of bidding range I could think of & nothing happens. <COLOR color="#FF0000">Annoying!!!</COLOR>

Damn, that's crazy. I put a Kevin Love up for 100k bid and 101k bin. First elite I've ever put up and I tried to at least search the AH for any other Love elites but there were none. I was told if the bot accepts your prices, it posts a mirror, and even after i posted it, I still see no Love cards.

I want to believe that EA would have more integrity than to just sham the AH (I want to believe, but I'm having a hard time believing showdown isn't rigged, so idk). I have seen youtubers be able to sell their elites, and I'm guessing it's because they post a ton for sale so of course there will be buyers.

I'm still a relative newb when it comes to the AH, though, so I dont know too much.

edlllpt

Pro 1

I was under the impression that since those are some of the lower demanded elites, the price has to be lower to have a chance. Porters not a bad card, either. He's on my bench, but he doesn't have name recognition and his gameplay wasn't really outstanding

I'm not sure a card like Giannis is getting a big demand, being a SF with poor 3pter and still keeps the 100k range wIth multiple cards there.

And even Wiggins and Otto's range seem to be different. I see all Otto between 73k-79k. Meanwhile I see a Wiggins starting at 46k-

ramizi

Rookie 2

Damn, that's crazy. I put a Kevin Love up for 100k bid and 101k bin. First elite I've ever put up and I tried to at least search the AH for any other Love elites but there were none. I was told if the bot accepts your prices, it posts a mirror, and even after i posted it, I still see no Love cards.

I want to believe that EA would have more integrity than to just sham the AH (I want to believe, but I'm having a hard time believing showdown isn't rigged, so idk). I have seen youtubers be able to sell their elites, and I'm guessing it's because they post a ton for sale so of course there will be buyers.

I'm still a relative newb when it comes to the AH, though, so I dont know too much.

I saw Buck sells a few, but they were all 81 overall movers that are now needed for the Shaq/LeBron 83/85.

Still could not see base elites sell

wojtas011

Rookie 1

We need ultimate team style caps, where we see for how much we can post card. Like gold from 150-10000 or rare gold 600-10000 etc

I just found a Derozan for 99K with 99K bin, helped push me back to 80 while keeping bonus. If i DID want to sell it, and try to make a profit, what would you guys recommend? Obviously I can't get too high or no one will touch it

^^^You have to find the perfect bid/buy prices which is the problem most people have selling players. It's possible but you have to work that much harder trying to sell a card and keep posting upto 20+ times. If your off by just a little bit your card wont sell. Gone are the days when demand dictated prices. We have to abide by the almighty bot.

Chances are if you bought him for 99k you can't sell him for anything more than that if he does indeed sell.

ramizi

Rookie 2

<COLOR color="#FF0000"><SIZE size="200">EA GIVE US OUR FREE MARKET BACK!</SIZE></COLOR>

Please!

We are not coin sellers, we are just guys who want to play fair & have some fun.

I'm not sure a card like Giannis is getting a big demand, being a SF with poor 3pter and still keeps the 100k range wIth multiple cards there.

And even Wiggins and Otto's range seem to be different. I see all Otto between 73k-79k. Meanwhile I see a Wiggins starting at 46k-

Giannis is a HIGHLY popular player, though. He has an 81 dunk, and 80 scoring with contact, and his agility and speed are both 80. Surprisingly accurate to his real life abilities, I'd say. He's basically a center but much faster and and can finish and pass decently.

I will say that's crazy that Wiggins is going for that low. He has decent stats, great mid, a solid 3 and a good steal. Highly underrated card unless the AI is just trash.

When I update team, the game decides that Porter should start over 80 Movers Lebron. Porter has ONE stat that's better than lebron on the basic stats, and that's defense. 68 vs 74, I believe. When you look at in depth stats, Lebron crushes porter on everything else except a couple.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3

I was wondering.. if EA has to go thru this 'process' of trial and error to work out the best AH for them and us.. shdnt we give them the time..?

I know it screws up the game for us now.. but in the long run it might be for the better..

The only way for me to enjoy the AH part of the game right now for me is just to assume that I'm also testing the game..

betaman411

All-Star 1

I was wondering.. if EA has to go thru this 'process' of trial and error to work out the best AH for them and us.. shdnt we give them the time..?

I know it screws up the game for us now.. but in the long run it might be for the better..

The only way for me to enjoy the AH part of the game right now for me is just to assume that I'm also testing the game..

+1 but the real issue with EA is they've swung the pendulum too far the other way and now they want to inch their way back. At first, the AH was way too favorable for the players so what did they do, they increased the AH tax. Problem with that is they didn't address the root cause of the problem - coin selling. Then they change the AH to the bot system we had in s2 but realized people were exploiting glitches and still making tons of coins and they perceive that as a loss of $ in their pocket - in reality, I don't believe those profiting from the AH glitch will ever really spend real cash on the game since the value proposition just isn't there.

Just like anything else, EA needs to focus on singles and doubles and stop trying to hit home runs with +$20 "micro" transactions. When they introduced the $2 pack that unlocked the Fast Break Blitz event, people in this forum (predominantly F2P's by my unofficial count) actually spent real money. Why? Because the relative value for the money being requested was "reasonable". The cash grabs that plague this game only serve to turn more people away - what's the saying, you get more bees with honey?!

As it has been mentioned by Stewie and others, putting caps on both the bid and bin prices of a card is tantamount to communism. If this is their best strategy then just do away with the "auction" portion of the AH and let people exchange cards for no coins (e.g. for those Americans among us, we managed to figure this out when we were kids trading baseball/football cards - I'll give you 2 Don Mattingly's and a Roger Clemens for your rookie Pete Rose card, haha!). The point is, eliminate the currency in the AH and make it a swap shop. You say EA will lose money then?! Well, how many people are rushing out to buy cash/coins because they can't sell their cards now?! Obviously, only EA knows but I can't imagine it's significantly more than before and I'd bet it's less. Why else try to manipulate the value of cards as much as they're doing if not to try and persuade people to buy more coins from them (since they've eliminated the CS'ers)?

Ultimately, just like any other business, there's a group of people that make the business run and others that count the money. The counters try to out think the doers and implement "policy" to drive more revenue and in most cases, it does the opposite because they don't understand the customer or even the business. So I'd go easy on the Brian's of the EA World since we'll never have access to the idiots that are driving the monetary side of this game. Unfortunately, we are also to blame because those of us that spend real money on these poor value propositions just to get an advantage over our competitors is what keeps these idiots employed.

The AH is a mess for one simple reason -- people don't know if it's a user buying their card or the bot. Previously, when you couldn't sell a card you figured: "okay, nobody wants to buy my card." Now people are convinced the bot isn't buying it. Chances are if it was listed nobody bid on it. Unfortunately, people think the bot purchases your card if it's in the right price range or if the card is rare in the AH. It doesn't work like that, I'm afraid.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief

There are multiple AH servers so it likely won't end up on your AH the bot hardly ever puts the card on your server

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief

The AH is a mess for one simple reason -- people don't know if it's a user buying their card or the bot. Previously, when you couldn't sell a card you figured: "okay, nobody wants to buy my card." Now people are convinced the bot isn't buying it. Chances are if it was listed nobody bid on it. Unfortunately, people think the bot purchases your card if it's in the right price range or if the card is rare in the AH. It doesn't work like that, I'm afraid.

The bot is definitely the one that chooses to buy your card it just is loosely tied into if someone buys the mirror card because even if the motor sells the bot can easily tell you no and not buy your card which then increases the inventory of that card because it turned 1 real card and 1 mirror card into 2 real cards

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief

Not since the changes no but you make a good point because I wouldn't put it past them to make it a way to drain coins so people buy them from EA

edlllpt

Pro 1

Giannis is a HIGHLY popular player, though. He has an 81 dunk, and 80 scoring with contact, and his agility and speed are both 80. Surprisingly accurate to his real life abilities, I'd say. He's basically a center but much faster and and can finish and pass decently.

I will say that's crazy that Wiggins is going for that low. He has decent stats, great mid, a solid 3 and a good steal. Highly underrated card unless the AI is just trash.

When I update team, the game decides that Porter should start over 80 Movers Lebron. Porter has ONE stat that's better than lebron on the basic stats, and that's defense. 68 vs 74, I believe. When you look at in depth stats, Lebron crushes porter on everything else except a couple.

Yet, sometimes you can see over 10 Giannis in the AH without bids.

If popularity was the issue, I'd guess that PF Thaddeus young would be one of the elite targets and he remains at roughly 100k like the other base cards.

But since a lot of people got Lebron, I think they tried this specific reduced caps for Wiggins and Porter as part of their 'trial and error' that @anatdoc is alluding to.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.