• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Black Friday Elevate Player Set.

betaman411

All-Star 1
Thanks but wouldn?t it be foolish to not have the store packs tomorrow?! Kinda defeats the purpose of bringing all the sets back!

There could be new packs tomorrow only for 24 h. But remember, it's EA, you can't have all!! :roll:
Oh trust me, I know.

And...good call. Can?t believe how stupid they can be when it comes to making money in this game. I woke up in middle of the night. Pulled Griffin with the 50 Tokens I was sitting on and decided to buy 50 more and got Hayward. I?ll probably have another 50 by end of today.

There could be new packs tomorrow only for 24 h. But remember, it's EA, you can't have all!! :roll:
Oh trust me, I know.

And...good call. Can?t believe how stupid they can be when it comes to making money in this game. I woke up in middle of the night. Pulled Griffin with the 50 Tokens I was sitting on and decided to buy 50 more and got Hayward. I?ll probably have another 50 by end of today.

Brian just said on twitter that the packs (both harvest & BF) will come back tomorrow. So there will be some new sets or the same ones tomorrow.

I will have around 80 tickets at the end of the day. Saving them for tomorrow or not? Damn.....

betaman411

All-Star 1
Oh trust me, I know.

Brian just said on twitter that the packs (both harvest & BF) will come back tomorrow. So there will be some new sets or the same ones tomorrow.

I will have around 80 tickets at the end of the day. Saving them for tomorrow or not? Damn.....
Damn...thanks for the heads up.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
Oh trust me, I know.

Yeah but when it was mentioned which sets will be up until Sunday no mention of any non 90 overall BF the only ones staying up that take BF tickets are some of the BF player sets so if you're planning on saving them until then you may be disappointed with nothing to use them on

betaman411

All-Star 1

Yeah but when it was mentioned which sets will be up until Sunday no mention of any non 90 overall BF the only ones staying up that take BF tickets are some of the BF player sets so if you're planning on saving them until then you may be disappointed with nothing to use them on
I assume you?re not following Josh?s discord channel? The info there makes it sound like BF sets will stay and Harvest goes away tomorrow. Cash packs also return to the store tomorrow. Did your source (Reddit?) have more specifics on the BF sets?

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief

I assume you?re not following Josh?s discord channel? The info there makes it sound like BF sets will stay and Harvest goes away tomorrow. Cash packs also return to the store tomorrow. Did your source (Reddit?) have more specifics on the BF sets?

My source is Twitter I'm not on Reddit at all unless it's to follow a link like with the breakdown for the SD update but if I try to step into that Discord I'll be immediately kicked out if I use any name that resembles something Josh recognizes and yes I did late see a message saying that a guy will have several days to do the legend wildcard set so I retract my previous statement but it was based on Laureness' tweet about it which had no mention of any BF sets staying up that aren't about 90 overalls but the packs and BF campaign staying up is something I already knew

betaman411

All-Star 1

My source is Twitter I'm not on Reddit at all unless it's to follow a link like with the breakdown for the SD update but if I try to step into that Discord I'll be immediately kicked out if I use any name that resembles something Josh recognizes and yes I did late see a message saying that a guy will have several days to do the legend wildcard set so I retract my previous statement but it was based on Laureness' tweet about it which had no mention of any BF sets staying up that aren't about 90 overalls but the packs and BF campaign staying up is something I already knew
Well, it seems we were both right. Some sets stayed but obviously not the ones we all wanted! ;)

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief

Well, it seems we were both right. Some sets stayed but obviously not the ones we all wanted! ;)

Yeah I figured as much so I wasn't shocked to see it but Brian said that those packs we're chosen based on how many times they were done yet they look like the sets that were done the least amount of times because most of these sets suck

Some strange logic they did with this one lol. Put out super mediocre sets and expect folks to buy tickets. I mean, MAYBE some will spend for the Cornucopia or single Legend player since 50 bucks is still much cheaper than Legends usually cost but in this case you still can't pick the legend you get, where for 50 more dollars you get a choice of the newest one lol.

betaman411

All-Star 1
Some strange logic they did with this one lol. Put out super mediocre sets and expect folks to buy tickets. I mean, MAYBE some will spend for the Cornucopia or single Legend player since 50 bucks is still much cheaper than Legends usually cost but in this case you still can't pick the legend you get, where for 50 more dollars you get a choice of the newest one lol.
Part of me really believes 1 of these 2 things happened:

1) They did pick the sets based on their usage and they actually did mean to keep the least used ones because they are that inept OR
2) Same as 1 except they did mean the high usage ones and some low level developer (aka coffee lackey) switched them during implementation

My money is on 2 since 1 negatively impacts their revenue and they can't possibly be that inept, can they?! :lol:

cire2245

Rookie 3
It can be true that these sets are the ones that are mostly used and just that majority of players are not smart enough to figure out that elevate player and legends token set are the best among them...or ea is just trying to outsmart us.

Part of me really believes 1 of these 2 things happened:

1) They did pick the sets based on their usage and they actually did mean to keep the least used ones because they are that inept OR
2) Same as 1 except they did mean the high usage ones and some low level developer (aka coffee lackey) switched them during implementation

My money is on 2 since 1 negatively impacts their revenue and they can't possibly be that inept, can they?! :lol:

It can be true that these sets are the ones that are mostly used and just that majority of players are not smart enough to figure out that elevate player and legends token set are the best among them...or ea is just trying to outsmart us.

Idk what their plan was with this, lol. Even if you look at the 90s that are available. They are all the least used (at least from my experience from grinding SD heavily the past 3 days.

The actual sets, though: 10 sets in total, lol. I don't wanna list em all, but 10 Gold Next Gens??? an Elite Tipoff?? Even if you do the #trending, your best pull MIGHT be the 85 Embiid/Harden which could help some, I'm guessing but for more advanced players it's exchange set fodder. And the AH? You can sell 85 Harden for 130K so there's that lol.

If their goal with these sets was to make money from players that started the promo late are just started the game late in general, it could be helpful. I'm guessing that was the aim, but who knows. Maybe some poor intern accidentally sent the wrong ones, but they'd probably fix it by now but maybe there's not enough feedback telling them to.

My thing is people were telling them ALL last week and weekend about the timer on the Harvest event being a day longer. Those people had the luxury of actually getting a response from Brian that it ends on the 28th. Those that don't use twitter, and rely strictly on in game information? Can you imagine? Thinking you had 4 more sets of first wins+ to benefit from today and you log in and see it's gone???

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.