• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

2019 NBA All-Star Promo

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
is it a good idea to collect bonus packs without opening them? I won't be missing out on the votes, and if I open them during the next promo I wouldn't be missing out on the Larry Bird tokens either. looks like vets like commond and betaman have opened them and I'm confused.

Saving them..
Worst case scenario if they arent useful next promo too.. then ill use them (hopefully) to finish the next monthly master faster (assuming they continue the promo)

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
is it a good idea to collect bonus packs without opening them? I won't be missing out on the votes, and if I open them during the next promo I wouldn't be missing out on the Larry Bird tokens either. looks like vets like commond and betaman have opened them and I'm confused.

Yeah claim them for the votes but not opening them is the best move now since you still get the votes but don't get those useless bird collectibles since it takes a lot of work just to get the 97 and impossible to get the 100 which is good but quickly was knocked off as the best SF

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
Oh wow, I forgot about the xP boost from the Dragon court, well done!

Yeah it was a coin boost then a couple days before the last court came out they advertised that it was an XP boost in the store but still had a coin boost so when the last court came out it finally changed to an XP one the court and jerseys are able to be used with the AS lineup for a 30% boost

is it necessary to change home/away jerseys for LNY XP boost? alternatively, change one of them for XP boost, another (eg. away jersey) is for coin boost?

Coin boosts are useless but if you have the XP boost jerseys then yeah use them on the AS lineup and a live event lineup

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
Yeah it was a coin boost then a couple days before the last court came out they advertised that it was an XP boost in the store but still had a coin boost so when the last court came out it finally changed to an XP one the court and jerseys are able to be used with the AS lineup for a 30% boost

is it necessary to change home/away jerseys for LNY XP boost? alternatively, change one of them for XP boost, another (eg. away jersey) is for coin boost?

Might be. I thought both jerseys were always active regardless of if you were home or away. But I have a 3pt boost jersey and recently noticed that it only shows up when I'm home, not away. It's not giving a player boost 100% of the time

They show up and boost the cards still from the lineup screen which is what matters because a +1 or +2 boost isn't big enough to have any potential impact while the XP, coin, rep boosts stack regardless of jersey worn in that game or event and I'm pretty sure fan boosts too but the fan list is always messed up in some way so that part is inconclusive

dub365

All-Star 1

Might be. I thought both jerseys were always active regardless of if you were home or away. But I have a 3pt boost jersey and recently noticed that it only shows up when I'm home, not away. It's not giving a player boost 100% of the time

They show up and boost the cards still from the lineup screen which is what matters because a +1 or +2 boost isn't big enough to have any potential impact while the XP, coin, rep boosts stack regardless of jersey worn in that game or event and I'm pretty sure fan boosts too but the fan list is always messed up in some way so that part is inconclusive
What I'm saying is, if I'm not wearing nthe jersey with +1 3pt boost, it's not boosting. I've seen it when you make a shot and it's one stat point lower than it should be if I had the boost. So lineup screen or not, I think I'd have to have a home AND away jersey giving me 3pt boost.

betaman411

All-Star 1

Yeah claim them for the votes but not opening them is the best move now since you still get the votes but don't get those useless bird collectibles since it takes a lot of work just to get the 97 and impossible to get the 100 which is good but quickly was knocked off as the best SF

The issue with 97 Bird isn't really the effort required to get him since his objectives have been linked to both promos, but rather it's his relevance when you finally do get him. I'm about 35 tokens away with over 2 weeks to go so the 97 will be no problem (and I've just done the objectives and spent 15k/45k rep a day in packs). The issue is it would be nice if he were an upgrade to my team but at that point I'll just be treading water. Why EA went and released 98's this week is beyond me - only thing I could figure is they mapped out the rest of the promos and realized they can "afford" to be more generous the remainder of the season since they slow-rolled us to this point.

betaman411

All-Star 1

What I'm saying is, if I'm not wearing nthe jersey with +1 3pt boost, it's not boosting. I've seen it when you make a shot and it's one stat point lower than it should be if I had the boost. So lineup screen or not, I think I'd have to have a home AND away jersey giving me 3pt boost.
I think this was bugged from the start and they just fixed it. Didn't really make sense to me that you got boost from both jerseys during an event. Makes more sense that you get the boost of the jersey you're wearing during the event.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief

The issue with 97 Bird isn't really the effort required to get him since his objectives have been linked to both promos, but rather it's his relevance when you finally do get him. I'm about 35 tokens away with over 2 weeks to go so the 97 will be no problem (and I've just done the objectives and spent 15k/45k rep a day in packs). The issue is it would be nice if he were an upgrade to my team but at that point I'll just be treading water. Why EA went and released 98's this week is beyond me - only thing I could figure is they mapped out the rest of the promos and realized they can "afford" to be more generous the remainder of the season since they slow-rolled us to this point.

When I said with I was taking about a month of doing extra things in objectives most might not do plus it isn't hard work but it's long work

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief

Yeah I got what you were saying which is why I pointed out that it didn't matter because losing +1 on a stat won't do anything the main selling point on those jerseys weren't increased performance from a measly +1 stat it was the chance to help boost overall

Anatdoc

All-Star 3

ya thinking along the same lines.. have 96 ingles and 96 luka.. will get 98 lebron in a few days.. 97 bird is just going to be a bench warmer by then

X_1618

Rookie 1
can we still get the votes through SD, Season or LvL to get AS drafts after the AS blitz events end on Feb. 20?
is there any news for more vote packages?

tomgofun

Rookie 1
I have purchased both of Doncic and Carter Vote Booster packs for a couple of days , the prices were 9.9 and 49.90 ,but right now are 4.90 and 29.90 . That is unaffair and I think I am cheated by EA.

betaman411

All-Star 1
1 week extra on the sets is kinda ridiculous. I'd 1 day would work for most, 2 at the max. If you're grinding a promo then you pretty much know once it's over you better complete the sets. Problem is that EA f'd up so many promos in the past they had to swing the pendulum the other way and now it just clutters up the sets.

betaman411

All-Star 1
I have purchased both of Doncic and Carter Vote Booster packs for a couple of days , the prices were 9.9 and 49.90 ,but right now are 4.90 and 29.90 . That is unaffair and I think I am cheated by EA.
Unfortunately, EA will use the rationale that you paid to use them longer than someone who pays today.

In the screen at the bottom left hand corner of the campaign at 125k it shows an elite item that will unlock. Has anyone opened it yet? Is it just a token to get you into the captains event?

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakito
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.