• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Will S3 become better than S1?

DO YOU THINK S3 WILL BE BETTER THAN S1

• 1] YES

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • 2]NO

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • 3]MAYBE

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • 4]NEVER

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
S1 had 5 lineups, a free market, and lots of good grindable content. We'll be lucky to get one of those this season. I'm not ready to say S3 has already beat S2 but I'm pretty confident it'll get there. The first few weeks of this season have undoubtedly been better than the first few weeks last year, but we'll see if it tops S1.

+1
Totally agree with you man!
The MVP & movers campaigns are good & not too 'pay to win' - for sure better than S2.
I do still miss the free market. EA must return it. They will get their money by putting reasonable 1/2 USD shortcuts packs like the Harden MVP one.
The free market isn't coming back. It's just not gonna happen, and I don't even fault EA for that. Coin selling is bad for all of us, but the AH clearly isn't working right right now. I still don't really understand why they had to change it from how it was the latter half of last season.

My biggest concern and hope is still for more lineups. I know Brian said we're supposed to get more at some point but I'm not sure how that's going to work with them already starting to mix in classic cards.

My "Give us our free market back?" thread wasn't specifically about no bot but at least the price caps being relaxed the bot can be had as long as it's run right which it clearly isn't being done a full free market like you said will never happen EA wants to makes sure they are the only ones making money from currency in this game but since they clearly don't play live versions of this game they don't have to deal with the AH issues that we do so they're out of touch with the AH but that being said since they've proven not to be able to handle it they should give us a complete towards the end of last season is when the bot started ******* up and not being very consistent perhaps it was issues with them trying to get rid of gold player selling now even elites within the new lower cap do not sell at all no matter who it is you have to be very lucky with a very low price

rrfb

Rookie 1
+1
The MVP & movers campaigns are good & not too 'pay to win' - for sure better than S2.
I do still miss the free market. EA must return it. They will get their money by putting reasonable 1/2 USD shortcuts packs like the Harden MVP one.
The free market isn't coming back. It's just not gonna happen, and I don't even fault EA for that. Coin selling is bad for all of us, but the AH clearly isn't working right right now. I still don't really understand why they had to change it from how it was the latter half of last season.

My biggest concern and hope is still for more lineups. I know Brian said we're supposed to get more at some point but I'm not sure how that's going to work with them already starting to mix in classic cards.

My "Give us our free market back?" thread wasn't specifically about no bot but at least the price caps being relaxed the bot can be had as long as it's run right which it clearly isn't being done a full free market like you said will never happen EA wants to makes sure they are the only ones making money from currency in this game but since they clearly don't play live versions of this game they don't have to deal with the AH issues that we do so they're out of touch with the AH but that being said since they've proven not to be able to handle it they should give us a complete towards the end of last season is when the bot started ******* up and not being very consistent perhaps it was issues with them trying to get rid of gold player selling now even elites within the new lower cap do not sell at all no matter who it is you have to be very lucky with a very low price

Yeah I'm with you. I guess I didn't notice the issues towards the end of last season because I wasn't selling much or taking advantage of the gold player glitch (I usually don't even bother selling golds tbh). Either way, the price mins/maxes are clearly not set in the right place right now and it really shouldn't be that hard for them to realize it.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief

Yeah I'm with you. I guess I didn't notice the issues towards the end of last season because I wasn't selling much or taking advantage of the gold player glitch (I usually don't even bother selling golds tbh). Either way, the price mins/maxes are clearly not set in the right place right now and it really shouldn't be that hard for them to realize it.

Yeah I never really got into that either but I did work the AH a lot the good old fashioned way by sniping and flipping and it became very hard near the end some cards would never show in the AHs or sell to the bot no matter the price I eventually got ahold of tech support about 100 Harden and it finally sold after a couple weeks of attempts but it took them giving me the middle finger (we'll look into it but we don't believe you) for it to sell

Altavilla

Pro 1
I never got to play S1, but so far I?m finding S3 much worse than S2.

Sure, S3 has some positive aspects, but the negatives largely surpass the positives. Having spent real money in a promo that I can?t even make the events (Offseason Movers) could very well be the last straw for me.
I?m about to switch my gameplay style to maybe even not caring about new promos and players, but since this game is increasingly getting worse for non-competitive play I figure that?s the path to quit playing the game.

I?ve been wanting to try Fallout 4 for quite some time now. This game has delayed that but I feel it won?t delay it much longer.

QJB was kind of salty in a recent video, though. I guess he's befuddled that he can't complete sets by opening bundles.

Oh wow. I might have to check that out. While his vids can be entertaining at times, it's weird just watching someone repeatedly open packs and bundles that weren't grinded for lol. Did he say something along those lines in the video??

He basically said that 2K was making improvements and that if EA didn?t return to how the game was in season 1 that they better look out Then later on he said he knows a lot of people don?t like the game and that personally he preferred Season 1. He?s mentioned before that he preferred the five lineups but watching his videos in the past few months he has no idea how to complete the majority of the promos that have dropped because he?s too busy playing other games.

In the same video he kept making jokes about being pay to win but he doesn?t play enough to win anything.

QJB was kind of salty in a recent video, though. I guess he's befuddled that he can't complete sets by opening bundles.

Oh wow. I might have to check that out. While his vids can be entertaining at times, it's weird just watching someone repeatedly open packs and bundles that weren't grinded for lol. Did he say something along those lines in the video??

In the same video he kept making jokes about being pay to win but he doesn?t play enough to win anything.

I caught that part and I saw it as him admitting that he's (shamefullly) doing a pay2win move lol.

I do agree that he appears as if he hasn't really played too much lately. Probably too used to just paying for pack after pack lol. I think his typical fans are the casuals that love the pack openings and his reactions to them.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
In S1 the packs translated to much higher in game success.
Either u could make a lot of coins or complete sets or pull players...
In S2 the odds got worse and pack openings were pretty lame by and large.. plus the increased AI difficulty levels bothered casual nba live gamers like qjb. The decreased interest and excitement on his face is pretty obvious if u watched from S1. It's like he knows he s not going to pull anything ...

I like the guy and realize that he?s in the gaming entertainment industry but lately, when he hops on NBA Live Mobile, he doesn?t have a clue about what he sees.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
I like the guy and realize that he?s in the gaming entertainment industry lately when he hops on NBALM he doesn?t have much of a clue about what he sees.

Used to find him entertaining.. but his lack of enthusiasm is so palpable right now so it's not as fun..

ambient

Rookie 1
I'm more frustrated than I was with the back half of S2 because they destroyed/nerfed the shooting buttons and made the Campaigns team vs tean just stupid hard. On the verge of uninstalling.

G2theMoney

Rookie 3
im giving this 2more weeks... once the season starts, we can expect TOTW and some other programs.. maybe..

the realisation we are going to have 2 tier events, f2p till (maybe) 50%, and p2p 100% of promos, makes it a tough pill 2 swallow,,

AussieMJ

Rookie 1
im giving this 2more weeks... once the season starts, we can expect TOTW and some other programs.. maybe..

the realisation we are going to have 2 tier events, f2p till (maybe) 50%, and p2p 100% of promos, makes it a tough pill 2 swallow,,

We?ll always be behind the p2p, I?ve been a f2p and in my third season, and have always found a way to get to a rewarding finish. We?re only 3 weeks in and at the same stage last year we wouldn?t have even been close to having one of our two lines at 80 ovr. What I?ve seen so far is Brian and his team have listened for the most part, and provided lower priced packs, the ability to use rep if you grind to get it, and coin packs. We now have three 84?s available that are completely grindable and 2 elites available every week if you?re willing to work hard enough to finish in the top 500 of sd.

What is it that you want for nothing that you?re not already getting? The ah is useless so far but pre season hasn?t even started yet. I?m starting to think the season will be epic.

G2theMoney

Rookie 3
i agree that we are maybe 2 mths ahead of S2 timetable, and the fact the season hasnt started
but i disagree that S3 will be anything like S2, let alone S1.. with regards to pregression in promos.. i hope im wrong.. but the blatant SPEND MONEY HERE approach this season thus far, is a def sign of what is to come
EA is a company, they are about making money, and here is the thing, the divide will become greater between f2p + p2p...
fingers crossed.. i was a believer.. but am becoming pessimistic..

AussieMJ

Rookie 1
Stay with us longer than a few weeks mate, if it all goes to #$@! believe me I?ll tell them so. But when we find the way to break the game open (and we always do) the pm?s will be like wildfire and our league mates will all benefit.

timsg0102

Rookie 2
hopefully the plat cards in the near future won't be so hard to attain.

In S2, its was almost right to the end- after the NBA finals sweep IRL- that I gotten the rest of my plat cards and raced towards SD victories which were elusive.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3

We?ll always be behind the p2p, I?ve been a f2p and in my third season, and have always found a way to get to a rewarding finish. We?re only 3 weeks in and at the same stage last year we wouldn?t have even been close to having one of our two lines at 80 ovr. What I?ve seen so far is Brian and his team have listened for the most part, and provided lower priced packs, the ability to use rep if you grind to get it, and coin packs. We now have three 84?s available that are completely grindable and 2 elites available every week if you?re willing to work hard enough to finish in the top 500 of sd.

What is it that you want for nothing that you?re not already getting? The ah is useless so far but pre season hasn?t even started yet. I?m starting to think the season will be epic.

+1
It's not the best way to 'enjoy' the game.. but as far as team ovr goes.. to be only 2/3 ovr from the top spenders is pretty decent.. and ya no way that was happening in season 1 for the grinders.. only for the snipers and spenders..

picklegoat

Rookie 2
These threads annoy me because everyone forgets how much complaining there was in Season 1. Season 2 was 100% worse than Season 1 due to the ban, cheating and some egregious EA errors. But I do think that there will be better seasons than season 1 eventually. Hopefully this year!

SAVAGE21_NBA

Rookie 3
S1 had 5 lineups, a free market, and lots of good grindable content. We'll be lucky to get one of those this season. I'm not ready to say S3 has already beat S2 but I'm pretty confident it'll get there. The first few weeks of this season have undoubtedly been better than the first few weeks last year, but we'll see if it tops S1.

+1

+1 rffb

They've released an app update (maybe deserves its own thread).

The shot circle is back small and green like Sunday night, lol, but no check mark

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.