• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Upgradable Showdown masters and update coming soon

Jkillyan

Rookie 1
All the years Scalabrine, soon EA will put him in the hall of fame in first place.
Can not find another who deserved this year?

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
Scalabrine is the GOAT. Great rebound stats for a PF. And that Ingles 3 shooting woooo.

Ew! But sure a career high splits of 10.5/7.5/4.4 per-36 and career average splits of 8.5/5.5/2.3 per-36 is worthy of a high overall card especially one with higher rebounding then guys with twice the amount of rebounds per-36 they need to stop with the joke cards

Scalabrine is the GOAT. Great rebound stats for a PF. And that Ingles 3 shooting woooo.

Ew! But sure a career high splits of 10.5/7.5/4.4 per-36 and career average splits of 8.5/5.5/2.3 per-36 is worthy of a high overall card especially one with higher rebounding then guys with twice the amount of rebounds per-36 they need to stop with the joke cards

I am legit surprised they didn't just go all the way and give Scal a 91 3pt along with Ingles (who's a great shooter, but Curry gets an 88? Ok, then). There must be someone in the department that had enough sense to not make Scal into prime Dirk but with 88 mid range they may as well lol. They at least kept the contested shot somewhat in order.

Like what? 90 block for Brian Scalabrine? even when he was playing a super duper career high of 21 MPG he still had .3 bpg lol. Deep down, they hope that the card gets some sort of social medial love from Scal and they didn't want to make it too realistic

cire2245

Rookie 3
Next time they will release a master card of white mamba with clutch or buzzer beater or in-the-paint or combination of those.

aramwot

Rookie 3
Staff member
Founder

Attachments

• Unknown-4.jpeg
    Unknown-4.jpeg
    115.8 KB · Views: 1,220
  • Unknown-5.jpeg
    Unknown-5.jpeg
    107.7 KB · Views: 1,201

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief

I am legit surprised they didn't just go all the way and give Scal a 91 3pt along with Ingles (who's a great shooter, but Curry gets an 88? Ok, then). There must be someone in the department that had enough sense to not make Scal into prime Dirk but with 88 mid range they may as well lol. They at least kept the contested shot somewhat in order.

Like what? 90 block for Brian Scalabrine? even when he was playing a super duper career high of 21 MPG he still had .3 bpg lol. Deep down, they hope that the card gets some sort of social medial love from Scal and they didn't want to make it too realistic

They actually tried to get his attention by making posts about it and yeah the blocking was ridiculous too he got way better defensive and rebounding stats then Bill Laimbeer a guy literally known for that stuff

Don't grind Scalabrine if you don't want him. Everyone knew the theme was Fan Favorites and that Brian was big on bringing Scalabrine back. Some of the cards were based on the discord chat. I'm pretty sure Ingles was a response to people saying he deserved an elite card.

This week's bonus is 20% if you have 1 Showdown elite. Pops gives a 5-20% bonus depending on your OVR.

The season starting 12/10 will reward a Hawks city edition jersey for the top 2500 with an 8% fan bonus for the top 100.

The frequency with which the Masters will be upgraded and new sets added will depend on user engagement.

teamduncan

Rookie 2
to be fair the cards are not exactly consistent with performance, it goes randomly, we had thadeaus young 100ovr last year. highest lebron card seems to be 99 ovr (not sure if there is any i missed). Lin gets a 105 ovr. 1st season we got 99ovr jamal crawford and michael finley.

some stats are random too, i remember isiah thomas with high dunk rating, durant with low dunk rating etc.

granted scalabrine has even less contribution than those stated above. a 90 ovr (93 in S1) is fine, its for fun. people like scalabrine so for fun we get scal.

I don?t see anything wrong with fan cards and even giving them little fabricated stats....within reason. However, why make certain cards if you plan to openly disrespect their stats? I mean, I get it. If you make Laimbeer?s stats as good as Scals or better then people will simply go for Laimbeer but I don?t like it lol

Edit: Laimbeer card isn?t so bad

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
Don't grind Scalabrine if you don't want him. Everyone knew the theme was Fan Favorites and that Brian was big on bringing Scalabrine back. Some of the cards were based on the discord chat. I'm pretty sure Ingles was a response to people saying he deserved an elite card.

This week's bonus is 20% if you have 1 Showdown elite. Pops gives a 5-20% bonus depending on your OVR.

The season starting 12/10 will reward a Hawks city edition jersey for the top 2500 with an 8% fan bonus for the top 100.

The frequency with which the Masters will be upgraded and new sets added will depend on user engagement.

Making fun of a player for how much they sucked by calling them the GOAT or using Kobe's nickname and training it is not a fan favorite no one was an actual fan of Scalabrine they were a fan of trolling with his name and image there's a big difference

ramizi

Rookie 2
So who the hell is Brian Scalabrine?

A guy with a 46.3 % in 3 point shoot in playoffs. Higher than Curry :cool:

LOL!
On 39 playoff games, stretched on 6 seasons Scal shot 19 out of 41 @ 10 min per game.
OK, so he had a few big shots, but he we really not a factor in the game.

Laimbeer on the other hand was the bad boy on the the bad boys pistons back in the late 80s .
He won 2 championships & led the league in rebounding in 85/6 season.
He was an all star 4 times.
In the Playoffs he played 33 min in 113 games.
BTW he shot 32% from down town @ 137 shots (he is a center)

So Scal was a nice player, but nothing more.
Laimbeer should arguably been in the hall of fame, but his bad boy rep probably kept him out.

So who the hell is Brian Scalabrine?

A guy with a 46.3 % in 3 point shoot in playoffs. Higher than Curry :cool:

LOL!
On 39 playoff games, stretched on 6 seasons Scal shot 19 out of 41 @ 10 min per game.
OK, so he had a few big shots, but he we really not a factor in the game.

Laimbeer on the other hand was the bad boy on the the bad boys pistons back in the late 80s .
He won 2 championships & led the league in rebounding in 85/6 season.
He was an all star 4 times.
In the Playoffs he played 33 min in 113 games.
BTW he shot 32% from down town @ 137 shots (he is a center)

So Scal was a nice player, but nothing more.
Laimbeer should arguably been in the hall of fame, but his bad boy rep probably kept him out.

I know. My post wasn't made to take it seriously :lol: . Unless it came from a Celtics fan, then it is serious. :|

Laimbeer was a decent player but the reason he?s remembered today over a host of great MBA players is because he was a dirty player who got into fights and was one of the most hated men in the league. His noteriety has nothing to do with what he accomplished statistically. Let?s not pretend that there is an amazing statistical reason for him to have a card or that he?s been disrespected in any way.

To me, there?s no difference between Laimbeer being famous for being infamous and Scalabrine being the butt of some joke. In fact, when I first saw Laimbeet?s name I immediately thought it must be a joke since he was a fan favorite for Pistons fans but hated by everyone else.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakito
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.