• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Showdown season3 discussions - end of the third season and the start of the fourth season

edlllpt

Pro 1
Crazy things lol.

Speaking of crazy things, they were clearly inflated today til the fix a bit ago.

And In that period Someone managed to score 39-10 against me. Dude surely knew how to make my team rush to have time for 49 points in a quarter.

betaman411

All-Star 1
Basically took the week off from SD - still got 900k'ish fans and finished like 1500's or so but I didn't really pay attention. The big difference this week is won a lot more than I lost. I played on Monday and got to about 250k fans and stopped (maybe lost 2-3 times). Played for the daily bonus and on Tues/Thurs/Sat I also used my normal stamina to play. Never lost my daily bonus matches and only about 15-20% of the other matches. I was going to tally it up but didn't realize they changed the season ending time again.

My observation is good things come to those who wait. It was so much easier playing through the lower tiers it's not funny. About the least amount of stress I've had playing this game since SD started. Since the rewards are crap again this week, I'll do the same. With Elevate starting too, I'll probably play even less and save SD for when the rewards improve. Grind these free promos now while I'll don't need the stamina for SD.

Crazy things lol.

Speaking of crazy things, they were clearly inflated today til the fix a bit ago.

And In that period Someone managed to score 39-10 against me. Dude surely knew how to make my team rush to have time for 49 points in a quarter.

It was a madhouse. I reached 36 ONCE but had it scored on me back to back lol. Outscored my AI 6-36. I averaged about 27 per quarter during the madness, allowed on average 6, while my AI averaged about 4 and allowed 33 on average. Lost a bunch because the AI decided it was gonna stall the clock even though they were down double digits. Steals were ineffective except for certain times. I think I crossed halfcourt on offense once!

Overall, 4/10, do not recommend the experience of everyone hitting fullcourt shots lol.

AussieMJ

Rookie 1
Made it legend then started concentrating on NextGen a bit more. I have 4 players and a coach with fan boost now and I did it in only 4 days. Rudy was in my pack, just another card that I can?t sell.

On a side note, since the new content update removing the shooting glitch, my shot % in SD has plummeted. I?m missing at least 4 opens a quarter on average. I play a lot and it?s been distinctly noticeable, I struggle to get to 18 now.

This just happened. Wow. No, this isn't from when the game was glitched. Minutes old...80 vs 74

https://imgur.com/a/oepKUrV

Their team:

https://imgur.com/a/9x2dCf9

I'm not sure why I even got matched with a 74 in the first place, seems the game is great at putting me against 78-82.

They'd have had to take and make 10 3s while my AI scored at least 3 times. All while having a 6 point disadvantage with the players you see above. I'm not so sure about this one, guys.

edlllpt

Pro 1
The amount of people playing this week was significantly lower.

I had the modest target of superstar and 585k fans again and instead of being 4000th as I reached it around this hour last week, I'm above 2500th.

The amount of people playing this week was significantly lower.

I had the modest target of superstar and 585k fans again and instead of being 4000th as I reached it around this hour last week, I'm above 2500th.

Yes, I think people grew tired of the grind with rewards maybe not worth it. Reminds me of the gym around New Years, lol. Soooo many new people with resolutions to get in shape that all the gyms are crowded, but by February it's wayyy less crowded lol. Similar thing, here, I think.

There really isn't much point grinding Showdown at this point. A considerable amount of people would have been grinding Next Gen, Elevate and Harden. I wouldn't be surprised if the Showdown numbers drop even further with Tip-Off and then Halloween.

Cortes

Rookie 1
There really isn't much point grinding Showdown at this point. A considerable amount of people would have been grinding Next Gen, Elevate and Harden. I wouldn't be surprised if the Showdown numbers drop even further with Tip-Off and then Halloween.
People still playing SD? I can't motivate myself to play more than 2-3 games to finish daily objectives. Now after update with new shot meter it's even more painful to play 2 SD games a day. I just burn energy at all promos/campaings and wait for a miracle.. maybe one day they make this game what it used to be at some point in S1, just fun.

aramwot

Rookie 3
Staff member
Founder
People still playing SD? I can't motivate myself to play more than 2-3 games to finish daily objectives. Now after update with new shot meter it's even more painful to play 2 SD games a day. I just burn energy at all promos/campaings and wait for a miracle.. maybe one day they make this game what it used to be at some point in S1, just fun.

I feel you.. I don't even get 1 game in most days.. Showdown was something I enjoyed in s2... always made legend at the minimum and top 1k once or twice...

I know a lot of people that stay as far away from Showdown as possible, and I can't blame them, but it's such a major part of the app in my opinion, at least from a 5v5 perspective. All that's left is the 2 league games and the regular season. Oh, and friend v friend if you have that set up.

Obviously there's the AH, and grinding events.

I feel you.. I don't even get 1 game in most days.. Showdown was something I enjoyed in s2... always made legend at the minimum and top 1k once or twice...

I only played a small amount of Showdown in s2, with a low 90s lineup, but I'm curious, what changed from s2 to s3 in your opinion to make it less enjoyable?

edlllpt

Pro 1

Personally, I'm good with the shot meter now, and from a gameplay pov I have some trouble understanding the additional fun of s1 in comparison.

Working in the AH with crazy filters and tons of cards with 25 spots to upgrade was fun,

but in gameplay I had trouble having fun when +45 over 3 quarters was just average, while people thrived on k3, endless bump steals, goaltending, lin's AI and other ability cards wasting the whole quarter waiting for clutches and AI backing away from clear path opportunities for no reason, I arrived kinda late to s1 so my gameplay back then was clearly worse than average and that probably helps my negative perception, but I still think the view about s1 gets a bit too romantic sometimes.

With that said, from a line-up progress perspective, there may be more appealing uses of stamina at the moment. Hence why I also set a low a bar lately.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
Same here.. I dont mind playing showdown.. prefer it infinitely more to h2h.. but the rewards are not worth the grind.. they would have been if u could sell the elites but as it is now just not worth the grind over ONE week when there is so many other things to grind...they should have sweetened the level up/end of season rewards with next gen/elevate gold/elite tokens.. that would have been good enuf incentive..

edlllpt

Pro 1
they should have sweetened the level up/end of season rewards with next gen/elevate gold/elite tokens.. that would have been good enuf incentive..

yeah with the rewards remaining the same / adjusted to pro packs, they really didn't make sd specially appealing in comparison.

btw, I'll open the new post now.

F4R

Rookie 1
Well, here are my thoughts about gameplay when I?m playing one showdown:
During the first 45 seconds: yes ... the new shot meter and gameplay sucks ....
The second 45 seconds: wow .... it literally sucks !!
The last 30 seconds: fu** ... fu**
The last second when AI scores buzzer beater: fu** ... fu** .... fu** ... fu** ....
And then when I see match results: well, at least it sucks for everyone!

UCblGIm.jpg

Cortes

Rookie 1

Yea, I could accept random hot/cold streaks (for no reason) and BS random opponents in S2 SD only cuz rewards were great.. now it makes 0 sense to play this scripted crap.

Personally, I'm good with the shot meter now, and from a gameplay pov I have some trouble understanding the additional fun of s1 in comparison.

Working in the AH with crazy filters and tons of cards with 25 spots to upgrade was fun,

but in gameplay I had trouble having fun when +45 over 3 quarters was just average, while people thrived on k3, endless bump steals, goaltending, lin's AI and other ability cards wasting the whole quarter waiting for clutches and AI backing away from clear path opportunities for no reason, I arrived kinda late to s1 so my gameplay back then was clearly worse than average and that probably helps my negative perception, but I still think the view about s1 gets a bit too romantic sometimes.
k3 was terrible, I was one of the guys on the forums that always wanted it to be fixed, so I'm glad it's gone.

By S1 fun I mean 2016 when you could actually feel how important stats are and you didn't feel like the game is totally scripted by random streaks like the ones we now have in f'n showdown. I had fun playing H2H cuz I found a lot of pasionate guys who were playing this game not for coins or rewards but for FUN. You can believe me or not but I had 3-4 rivalries with the same type of guys in H2H almost the whole season. Shitload of great games with double or tripple overtimes, different lineups, changing strategies for H2H response lineup to surprise your rival.. it was all fun. When I had big, great rebounder I could count on him on the boards most of the times, when I made 3-4 extra fast passes with the final one to my totally open best shooter and made the shot with perfect release I didn't need to worry about BS "open look missed" non-sense etc.. I wanted EA to keep traditional H2H and make showdown a part of H2H, so that way everyone would be happy, but for sure they kept crappy SD and made it even worse in S3, so I play just 2-3 games to complete my DO.

edlllpt

Pro 1
By S1 fun I mean 2016 when you could actually feel how important stats are and you didn't feel like the game is totally scripted by random streaks like the ones we now have in f'n showdown. I had fun playing H2H cuz I found a lot of pasionate guys who were playing this game not for coins or rewards but for FUN. You can believe me or not but I had 3-4 rivalries with the same type of guys in H2H almost the whole season. Shitload of great games with double or tripple overtimes, different lineups, changing strategies for H2H response lineup to surprise your rival..

I see. I only started playing in 2017 so I have no say in that.

But I can agree that multiple overtimes was great and changing line-ups was great as well.

At least we still have the h2h for friends and leaguemates, but even that seems a bit limited. as it seems we can only challenge leaguemates with an 'internal rank' below ours.

It was also annoying to not be able to send an intra-league challenge in s2 with classic line-up. Hopefully they're opening up opportunities with the new line-ups they're announcing.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakito
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.