• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Showdown season3 discussions - end of the ninth season and the start of the tenth season

cire2245

Rookie 3
@anatdoc, yeah. I guess you pointed it out more accurately. Maybe the skill factor somehow comes in play in higher tier. Looking back at my experiences, i am winning more start of the week where there are vast of players with larger variation of skills but starting to get harder as you level up and the pool of rivals started to trim down to skilled and dedicated ones while of course, there is still that random difficulty level.

betaman411

All-Star 1
My expectation is that we will see a rise in SD this week to the tune of the Top 1000 all being Legend tier.

Given most people shouldn't have trouble having the SD bonus yeah that sounds possible, maybe not worse than this week as I was saying, but I'll still bet in a 1000th place out of legend :)

Still feeling as confident that Top 1000 will be less than 1.5M? The pace of this tourney feels a lot like the Kyrie one to me.

edlllpt

Pro 1
670k fans for top200 looks like a heavy pace yes :p This is more than Kyrie week on Tuesday I think.

I still believe in decline prompted by harvest tho :p

cire2245

Rookie 3
That 75% fans bonus is making a difference and probably more players including myself are rushing to get close to legend as early as possible to alot more time in grinding the harvest promo. I am currently at 800k fans and targeting to get to superstar3 before promo starts.

betaman411

All-Star 1
That 75% fans bonus is making a difference and probably more players including myself are rushing to get close to legend as early as possible to alot more time in grinding the harvest promo. I am currently at 800k fans and targeting to get to superstar3 before promo starts.

Same here. 800k fans in 2 days doesn?t have me optimistic that Top 1k will be less than 2M.

Same here. 800k fans in 2 days doesn?t have me optimistic that Top 1k will be less than 2M.

Yeah, it's rough, but the brightside is those 84s are a pretty good return as well lol....

I asked Brian if there will be a special Showdown player during Harvest like Kyrie but he said there are no plans at this stage.

betaman411

All-Star 1
I asked Brian if there will be a special Showdown player during Harvest like Kyrie but he said there are no plans at this stage.
I'm actually "thankful" for that! ;)

I don't see how you could make Legend and do the Harvest Promo next week. This week will be hard enough and I'm over half-way there.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
I'm actually "thankful" for that! ;)

I don't see how you could make Legend and do the Harvest Promo next week. This week will be hard enough and I'm over half-way there.

Ya 50 stamina events are crazy.. so basically log in every 6 hours.. play 7 events.. close app.. theyre really trying to make us play less

betaman411

All-Star 1
Any update about the fan count of 1000th place? so we know how are our bets looking like at the moment :p

I was waiting for this post! :lol:

I can?t say for sure. I?m at 1.45M and 643. Top 200 is less than 100k fans away from me so I think you?re in a pretty good position as of right now. Would be helpful if someone closer to 1k let us know.

betaman411

All-Star 1
Any update about the fan count of 1000th place? so we know how are our bets looking like at the moment :p

I was waiting for this post! :lol:

I can?t say for sure. I?m at 1.45M and 643. Top 200 is less than 100k fans away from me so I think you?re in a pretty good position as of right now. Would be helpful if someone closer to 1k let us know.
I?m at 1.508M and 573. Only about 45k fans to Top 200. I think I?m safe for Top 1000 which means you?ll likely win the bet! Stamina requirements for Harvest likely pushed most over the top and since it?s only an 85...makes sense it will be closer than I thought.

Edit: I played one more match and won. 1.522M and 444.

edlllpt

Pro 1
I?m at 1.508M and 573. Only about 45k fans to Top 200. I think I?m safe for Top 1000 which means you?ll likely win the bet! Stamina requirements for Harvest likely pushed most over the top and since it?s only an 85...makes sense it will be closer than I thought.

Edit: I played one more match and won. 1.522M and 444.

:D

Still enough time for a lot of people to get there tho.

I think that the decrease in market value of the prizes also helped reducing interest. Ater all, Curry was the most valuable and with the Harvest cards, he becomes less interesting for most. And the 85ovr of the others isn't top notch anymore for those at the top of the ovr curve.

I can?t speak for where 1k is currently but I can confirm that right now there?s a 59k fan difference between 200 and 721. Whether legend is enough will depend on that 750-1000 range. I barely played at some points today and barely fell past 780. Could definitely become Kyrie Part Two but with less fans involved.

betaman411

All-Star 1
I can?t speak for where 1k is currently but I can confirm that right now there?s a 59k fan difference between 200 and 721. Whether legend is enough will depend on that 750-1000 range. I barely played at some points today and barely fell past 780. Could definitely become Kyrie Part Two but with less fans involved.

How many fans is 720?ish currently?

I'm not sure, now. Back when I posted it was 1.494. All I know now is 610 is 1.51. Been about an hour since I made it and dropped maybe 17 spots so that's looking good, but of course there's 11 hours remaining, so who knows what can happen.

(off topic)
I'd managed to stay on top of every first win up until this point, but getting Legend put me behind on the most recent refresh. Didn't do myself any favors by failing the Mashed event once I finally had enough stam. First two days I was like 8/9 completion (only first wins) on that event alone, but I've been shaky the past couple of days. They definitely tweaked the defense....the first two days, Giannis or Porzingis would never switch on me when I beat their PG. Now it happens almost instantly and I literally have to go find the PG so he switches back. Shooting over Giannis or Porzingis is a deathnote. I probably should find a way to get inside but I don't have much confidence in that method at all, at least for me. I tried it a couple times and lo and behold layup goes into the bottom of the rim, but luckily got the board and put it in that way. Just as I planned it.

betaman411

All-Star 1

I'm not sure, now. Back when I posted it was 1.494. All I know now is 610 is 1.51. Been about an hour since I made it and dropped maybe 17 spots so that's looking good, but of course there's 11 hours remaining, so who knows what can happen.

(off topic)
I'd managed to stay on top of every first win up until this point, but getting Legend put me behind on the most recent refresh. Didn't do myself any favors by failing the Mashed event once I finally had enough stam. First two days I was like 8/9 completion (only first wins) on that event alone, but I've been shaky the past couple of days. They definitely tweaked the defense....the first two days, Giannis or Porzingis would never switch on me when I beat their PG. Now it happens almost instantly and I literally have to go find the PG so he switches back. Shooting over Giannis or Porzingis is a deathnote. I probably should find a way to get inside but I don't have much confidence in that method at all, at least for me. I tried it a couple times and lo and behold layup goes into the bottom of the rim, but luckily got the board and put it in that way. Just as I planned it.
I?ve just been passing to the PF and then the SG for a wide open midrange shot. Has worked consistently since yesterday. I also screwed myself out of stamina yesterday so had to buy a refill to keep pace with the first wins and reach Legend.

1.522M and 490.

(off topic)
I?ve just been passing to the PF and then the SG for a wide open midrange shot. Has worked consistently since yesterday. I also screwed myself out of stamina yesterday so had to buy a refill to keep pace with the first wins and reach Legend.

1.522M and 490.

I fell to 683, still at 1.511. Crazy, if I win a game I'm top 500. Really don't want to play another at all, obviously. Gotta see what the 750-1K crowd does. I almost decided against reaching it and just focusing on the grind. I imagine there will be some that actually do toss the towel in.

All of this, and i'll probably get another Jokic lol. not a bad card, either.

cire2245

Rookie 3
I'm at 1.56m and on top 200. Will not play another sd unless if i feel my top 1k position will be on risk later on the last few hours if season.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.