• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Shooting percentage

edlllpt

Pro 1

What I agree

* some animations may be travels
* some moves may be so anticipated that exceed the speed if it was a human trying to do the same.
* lay-ups aren't fool proof - I've missed 100% lay-ups, but even the kind of lay-up you choose can be selected and make the difference
* I've agreed above that open dunks should be higher %

What I disagree

* AI being good in 9/10 games
* Your AI being constantly worse than the CPU.

Blocks sending the ball to the teammates hands is normal and happens to everyone and in your favor too xD
And OVR plays a big role in matches. And I may end being that 80 OVR you'll face.

EA is not getting my ?/$ - I'm f2p and a terrible costumer for their pockets.

AussieMJ

Rookie 1
Showdown is not a match between 2 people, h2h was. Most people lose more often than they win and that?s the fundamental flaw. I?d like to feel I go into a match with the expectation that I could win, but I don?t. It?s a game, it?s supposed to be fun, losing 75% of the time is not fun. It won?t be long before they offer up a couple of buzzer beater cards, how realistic is that?

P.S. I?ve lost 14 of my last 15 games

And I'm 46-8 so far this SD season (and two of the losses were lost ties). What should that mean?

Regarding Buzzer beater cards, I'm being against abilities since s1, so you can count with me to criticize those whenever they think of adding them :)

I don?t know, what should that mean? You are 80 ovr though so you automatically have an advantage. It was a grind but I still finished in the top 400 last season playing as a 77.

Could you please post your strategy, that would help us all. Do you try to steal?

AussieMJ

Rookie 1
Here's the thing, of you're not happy with your 3pt %, shoot mid-range jumpers. For me, mid-range is almost automatic in this game. Yeah, you're trying to get the largest point differential but if you're blasting 3's all game, you get what you get. Real life adage: "Live by the 3, die by the 3". I don't think we should have better opportunities to make deep balls bc A) it's unrealistic and B) your opponent gets the same benefit. I'd rather be able to figure out the smartest way for me to beat someone as opposed to us both just jacking 3's at 90% and having a score of 45-42

I?m sure most players would try for 3?s most of the time, I certainly don?t have any trouble scoring that way. But it?s not much good shooting mid range if the score line is 18 - 4, 0 - 17. That just happened to me.

revride

Rookie 1
"Brute-force" itself should have rung some alarm bells. Instead of improving general "basketball" gameplay experience, EA has introduced another set of disadvantages to add to the existing ones they have yet to fix.

The problems plaguing this game has been discussed to death on the previous forum. Given the healthy state of this forum (credit to the guys running this site), I don't think sweeping perennial problems away under the guise of a devil's advocate is necessary, neither does skewed observations from just the context of a high ovr.

Here's the thing, of you're not happy with your 3pt %, shoot mid-range jumpers. For me, mid-range is almost automatic in this game. Yeah, you're trying to get the largest point differential but if you're blasting 3's all game, you get what you get. Real life adage: "Live by the 3, die by the 3". I don't think we should have better opportunities to make deep balls bc A) it's unrealistic and B) your opponent gets the same benefit. I'd rather be able to figure out the smartest way for me to beat someone as opposed to us both just jacking 3's at 90% and having a score of 45-42

I?m sure most players would try for 3?s most of the time, I certainly don?t have any trouble scoring that way. But it?s not much good shooting mid range if the score line is 18 - 4, 0 - 17. That just happened to me.

Omg that's the worst!!!! Outscore the opponent by 14 and think surely it's enough for a win, at worst a tie/tie breaker, and then boom, they win 15, 16, 17 to ZERO.

ramizi

Rookie 2
Regarding dunks, we have a safe option in lay-ups so it's all about doing that instead, while we are playing with not so highly rated cards.

I think they could raise the percentage in open dunks tho and eventually lower it even more in contested dunks.

For example a player like Westbrook dunked at 78% last season.

Someone was wondering about Durant's rating in other post, and he actually dunked more and with a better percentage than Embiid (91% vs 89%, 94 vs 82 FGM).

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/shot_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&year_id=2018&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&shot_type=DUNK&is_playoffs=N&q1=Y&q2=Y&q3=Y&q4=Y&q5=Y&time_remain_minutes=12&time_remain_seconds=0&time_remain_comp=le&order_by=fg
+1

Someone made a point about holding onto the button when you dunk. I've also noticed that I miss a fair amount of dunks when I hold on to the button but I always feel like I'm adding a bit of juice to it.

Someone made a point about holding onto the button when you dunk. I've also noticed that I miss a fair amount of dunks when I hold on to the button but I always feel like I'm adding a bit of juice to it.

I stumbled upon the tutorial in settings and it says to release for dunks. I started releasing vs holding, and honestly, idk if it makes a huge difference. Still miss wide open ones, but I guess the success rate is maybe slightly higher? I have sadly went back to only layups unless it's a big man with no one within 20 feet lol

Altavilla

Pro 1
I'd say I expected better from EA but uhhhhh.....who am I kidding?

That's actually key here. If you have set your bar of expectations low you don't get disappointed :)

And showdown is always a match between two people. The person that beat you by 15 while you beat them by 14 certainly played well and would be the one disappointed if it was the opposite case. EA can't make both sides win the match and both sides happy.

They have some sort of 'random difficulty setting' that may be favorable or not at times - and while that's questionable, there are some positives as well. EA doesn't want the bad players to lose all the time and quit. They don't want good players to win it all and feel no need to improve their teams. And with that it originates very different quarters instead of something like 15-4 the whole time - which would be boring.

In the long run, if you're a good player you'll still reach the desired fan counts faster than the average player.

Over 100+ games of course there are games that will be decided in the last bucket. You have pretty much the same amount of possessions of your opponent so that's always a possibility. And real Games with 48 minutes go to overtime and sometimes are decided on bad calls by refs. If most games weren't as close, they wouldn't be as entertaining as they are.

And how can you say the average AI is overpowered when you're talking about winning +14 vs +15? Surely an overpowered AI would be winning most of the matches, no?

+1
+1 on dub365?s reply too

edlllpt

Pro 1
I don?t know, what should that mean? You are 80 ovr though so you automatically have an advantage. It was a grind but I still finished in the top 400 last season playing as a 77.

Could you please post your strategy, that would help us all. Do you try to steal?

We know ovr matters for SD advantages so I do what's possible to get me to a OVR that I know will be good there.

In the SD discussions post I mentioned an early and terrible defeat. It was a game I played with disadvantage - 75vs76 i think - and I didn't play more SD that day and focused on getting a better ovr for a while. That's part of the strategy that may be even more important than gameplay - you gotta create the conditions for you to succeed - other thing is that I don't try to be in top positions early - I mentioned it around here before - and while EA wants people create those conditions by paying them, there's still a way to put you in a good position in a f2p way.

I do try to steal including just after inbounding. But if you're on defense we all know one has to be careful
I use auto-switch/no switch button which is often labeled as non recommend choice, but I find it better for my own results.
I try to shoot ASAP always trying to guarantee that it's not a contested shot
I have no problem going for lay-ups and midrange.
My gameplay isn't that great.

edlllpt

Pro 1
"Brute-force" itself should have rung some alarm bells. Instead of improving general "basketball" gameplay experience, EA has introduced another set of disadvantages to add to the existing ones they have yet to fix.

The problems plaguing this game has been discussed to death on the previous forum. Given the healthy state of this forum (credit to the guys running this site), I don't think sweeping perennial problems away under the guise of a devil's advocate is necessary, neither does skewed observations from just the context of a high ovr.

I mean no harm, I'm just prompting discussion in a forum.
My ovr is visible for everyone here so nobody's lacking context in my comments
This game always had a bunch of issues and bugs, and you'll see me posting in the glitch thread and complaining about stuff they don't fix and actually bothers me.

Then you have issues that are issues but don't bother me, where you can adapt what you do and put you in a good position that minimizes the issue. I'm not saying people are wrong and they shouldn't complain or that issues should be swept under the rug.
You can see me agreeing with you regarding the brute-force or with open dunk percentages. I'm saying it's possible to 'live with those'.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.