• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Season 4 Complaint/Suggestion Thread

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
is there a thread or spreadsheet download of all the available players/cards out right now?
None that are truly reliable all of them that I've seen from all corners of the internet throughout the years fell apart or fell way behind

TomH

Pro 2
Anyone update the new app and play? I’d like to hear others experience before sharing mine.
I’ll give you a hint. I am now absolutely convinced that what I saw as broken switching for SS lineup, EA did on purpose as their half-baked version of a zone defense. And that means it’s staying because EA planned it. And EA never admits something they planned was wrong-headed. So it never gets “fixed.”

TomH

Pro 2
Should we update?? Hard to imagine it could get worse...Haha
I don’t believe it’s worse. Ive only played 3 SD matches, one with each main lineup.

SS- still messed up switching. Probably intentional. Rebounding not really fixed. Shooting seemed better. AI shooting was not as Jordan-like. Win margin was higher. Still, opponent scored 10. But say goodbye to SS if you like to be able to switch. Clearly, this is EA’s version of a zone defense.

LD & Street - switching is still good. Stealing seemed easier. Rebound not fixed. Garnett had a block right at the hoop and no goaltending. Hmmm. Shooting is solid. Ai seems somewhat governed. Win margins much higher, opponent held to under 5 with both lineups.

Im sad/angry about SS defense. I’ve focused the whole season on that lineup. So have many others. Kudos I suppose for trying to create a zone defense. Flaming arrows, though, for not recognizing the failure and changing it.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
I’ll give you a hint. I am now absolutely convinced that what I saw as broken switching for SS lineup, EA did on purpose as their half-baked version of a zone defense. And that means it’s staying because EA planned it. And EA never admits something they planned was wrong-headed. So it never gets “fixed.”
Oh I stated this the other day it's clear that they did it on purpose so that each lineup has their own style instead of all being balanced lineups essentially so now SS can't play defense since it's an offensive lineup... luckily LD can still play offense lol

TomH

Pro 2
Oh I stated this the other day it's clear that they did it on purpose so that each lineup has their own style instead of all being balanced lineups essentially so now SS can't play defense since it's an offensive lineup... luckily LD can still play offense lol
I’m a little slow.

TomH

Pro 2
Nah lol it's all good it sucks they decided to do it mid-season that's something that should happen during a season turnover

yeah. Makes more sense to target boosts to specific lineups. It’s crazy the super coach for lockdown is +7 Speed. It should be On Ball or Steal. Anyway, you get more cards with boosts that go to shooting or defense or street ball. That way all manual play is the same game, Except one lineup may be better at defense, or shooting 3s or whatever Street would be. It doesn’t make sense to dramatically change how one defense works (at its core) as opposed to how it performs.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
yeah. Makes more sense to target boosts to specific lineups. It’s crazy the super coach for lockdown is +7 Speed. It should be On Ball or Steal. Anyway, you get more cards with boosts that go to shooting or defense or street ball. That way all manual play is the same game, Except one lineup may be better at defense, or shooting 3s or whatever Street would be. It doesn’t make sense to dramatically change how one defense works (at its core) as opposed to how it performs.
Well personally I used to try to load up on what should be the lineup's weakness so shooting on a defensive or now LD lineup and defense on a shooting or now SS lineup

When street first came out last year the coach breakdown looked like the best of both worlds but sadly it was bad for AI

Ggdfhjjjh

Rookie 1

You are obviously dissapointed by the changes in gameplay and I have to admit that I share your strong feelings about this game. But let me ask you a question. Suppose you were to play like 1000 SD quarters before the change, and 1000 SD quarters after the change. Will the win percentage of former 1000 be different from that of the latter 1000? In other words, does the change in gameplay actually deteriorate your performance in terms of the ultimate result?

I've had limited experience with SS lineup after the change came into effect. However, based on this limited sample population I didn't notice any conspicuous change in my win percentage despite the evident change in a way the game was played.

TomH

Pro 2
You are obviously dissapointed by the changes in gameplay and I have to admit that I share your strong feelings about this game. But let me ask you a question. Suppose you were to play like 1000 SD quarters before the change, and 1000 SD quarters after the change. Will the win percentage of former 1000 be different from that of the latter 1000? In other words, does the change in gameplay actually deteriorate your performance in terms of the ultimate result?

I've had limited experience with SS lineup after the change came into effect. However, based on this limited sample population I didn't notice any conspicuous change in my win percentage despite the evident change in a way the game was played.

i pay more attention to my spread, which is way down. It’s worse using SS in lvl than SD. But, the bigger issue to me is the SS lineup isn’t enjoyable to play with anymore. To me, it’s frustrating AF not being able to challenge in the lane, and god forbid your pg & sg double team, now you have 3 v 4 and no way to switch to any of those 3s - both your “switchable” players are guarding same guy.

I can get from point A to point B in a wheelchair, but I’d much rather be able to walk there.

Spyda9man

Pro 2
for the future, i hope they can update the AH to where you can auction up to 20 cards at once instead of 1 by 1, unless theres a trick that idk it has been annoying to have to click each one just to auction it

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakito
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.