• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Presents List Thread

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
Ahhh a little research could have saved a lot of frustration with the presents....

BTW Brian still on discord.

He said he was leaving I'm not in it so I don't know if he really did all I know is that he said he was leaving because he was tired of the criticism on the content that he supposedly had no hand in as the lead content designer

Ahhh a little research could have saved a lot of frustration with the presents....

He said he was leaving I'm not in it so I don't know if he really did all I know is that he said he was leaving because he was tired of the criticism on the content that he supposedly had no hand in as the lead content designer

He left but he came back like a day later lol. just a stunt for the kiddies.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief

Oh yeah I knew he would go back he just wanted people to beg for him to come back I see it all the time

Oh yeah I knew he would go back he just wanted people to beg for him to come back I see it all the time

Hey, hey, people shouldn't complain about "free" stuff. We should all be thankful to EA for the free 5k quicksells :lol: :lol:

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief

Anatdoc

All-Star 3

Hey, hey, people shouldn't complain about "free" stuff. We should all be thankful to EA for the free 5k quicksells :lol: :lol:
Im constantly amazed that he thinks that theyre doing us a favor.. at some level i do get it.. but i feel he thinks that the game could get worse for us all the while not realising that the game needs users.. at this point i feel they didnt put in any thought into the gift part of the promo (i dint pull any elites either.. i dont mind losing out on ghosts but i wished the silver and gold gifts were more varied.. i really expected more snowballs/ elevate players/ north pole promo elite tokens etc.. )

edlllpt

Pro 1
Most of the complaints about presents were about what you got vs the market value and there I can agree with them that if people took the gamble of buying the presents, that's your gamble ?\_(?)_/?

for my own interests, It was great that they returned to auctionable presents this year, as i did collect 5 rare elite presents from the AH fairly early and that was a good gamble. Without that auction status, regarding elite presents, I'd probably have opened a grand total of 1 common elite present out of a gold present ?\_(?)_/?

presents giving gold collectibles worth 100 coins was an atrocity tho xD

betaman411

All-Star 1

What?s the 5k quicksell? Man, I always forget to check the value of stuff! Haha

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
This morning pulled 15k coins from a 26th silver present (the best silver for those who dont know it)
Bought another silver in the AH. Pulled a gold present. Opened the gold present, pulled a common elite present. Sold him for 300k.

?\_(?)_/?

I love the 15k quicksell coins.

TreyBurke

Rookie 1
Are the pictures of presents and contents correct? Although im 600 in the hole I just went from a silver gift and somehow it turned into an elite present. HERES a pic.

Sell or is it anything real good or we dont know for sure?

Thank u

Attachments

• screenshot-nbalivecommunity.com-2018-12-29-21-56-55-619.jpeg
    screenshot-nbalivecommunity.com-2018-12-29-21-56-55-619.jpeg
    65.3 KB · Views: 831

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
Are the pictures of presents and contents correct? Although im 600 in the hole I just went from a silver gift and somehow it turned into an elite present. HERES a picscreenshot-nbalivecommunity.com-2018-12-29-21-56-55-619.jpeg.

Thank u

Yes the contents are correct a present is a collectible so that falls within the "random collectible" description but yes sell it the only good presents are the ones with ghost cards you have a small chance to pull something that will be worth your present's value on the AH but the odds are heavily against you on that so since you don't have a present that has a ghost card in it you're far better off selling it

TreyBurke

Rookie 1
Are the pictures of presents and contents correct? Although im 600 in the hole I just went from a silver gift and somehow it turned into an elite present. HERES a picscreenshot-nbalivecommunity.com-2018-12-29-21-56-55-619.jpeg.

Thank u

Yes the contents are correct a present is a collectible so that falls within the "random collectible" description but yes sell it the only good presents are the ones with ghost cards you have a small chance to pull something that will be worth your present's value on the AH but the odds are heavily against you on that so since you don't have a present that has a ghost card in it you're far better off selling it

Thanks bro I sure could use the coins as well. Appreciate all the help

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief

Thank u

Thanks bro I sure could use the coins as well. Appreciate all the help

You're welcome

Kmcniel1982

Rookie 1
I got super lucky and pulled 5 ghosts through some grind and spending on packs. I agree, though, that it would've been helpful to have predictably on the non-ghost gifts. While you could get free gifts through the magic snowball set and bonus packs, getting at most 15k coins is nothing since it can't get you much in the auction house and even now the auction house is dead. EA should have given us collectibles to help with the promo, similar to the black Friday harvest set. I feel like they're purposely making promo players not part of completing sets since Halloween and now they're not letting them be auctionable so they sit for me in my items. They definitely need to balance it out where if you are free to play you should be able to at least make coins on a promotion. I feel that the game has become pay to play and aside from the ghosts it hasn't been worth it.

I did very well from the bonus packs yesterday. I pulled an elite present in the morning which gave me TO Master Isiah Thomas, whom I never completed, and a silver present that eventually converted into Masked Kyrie. Then I pulled a second elite present which gave me 91 OVR Larry Johnson and yet another silver into a rare gold that rewarded me with 90 OVR Whiteside. Pretty cool day.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
I did very well from the bonus packs yesterday. I pulled an elite present in the morning which gave me TO Master Isiah Thomas, whom I never completed, and a silver present that eventually converted into Masked Kyrie. Then I pulled a second elite present which gave me 91 OVR Larry Johnson and yet another silver into a rare gold that rewarded me with 90 OVR Whiteside. Pretty cool day.
Thats a great series of luck.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakito
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.