• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

OVR importance

Altavilla

Pro 1
Hi there

When I first noticed that green sentence in the beginning of each Showdown game, stating something like "there's a 5% advantage" i thought it was just stating the difference in ovr between teams. Well, it turns out it's actually adding a bonus to the team with the highest ovr, on top of the already existing difference.

Right? Am I missing something?

If this is correct, it's probably a smart way to keep the game from "staling".

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
Huh? ..the higher ovr team gets an offensive and defensive advantage.. easier to steal/tighter ai defense etc

Geobatz

Rookie 1
Hi there

When I first noticed that green sentence in the beginning of each Showdown game, stating something like "there's a 5% advantage" i thought it was just stating the difference in ovr between teams. Well, it turns out it's actually adding a bonus to the team with the highest ovr, on top of the already existing difference.

Right? Am I missing something?

If this is correct, it's probably a smart way to keep the game from "staling".

Not to sound harsh, but I think everyone knew that...

66RuckerPark

Rookie 1
WTF I just noticed that they increased the disadvantages. It used to be if it was +1 and +2 ovr higher the disadvantage was 2%, now its 4% wow.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
WTF I just noticed that they increased the disadvantages. It used to be if it was +1 and +2 ovr higher the disadvantage was 2%, now its 4% wow.

I said that before but it was brought to my attention that it's possibly a glitch when reaching a new overall I personally still think it's the new standard though

66RuckerPark

Rookie 1

I said that before but it was brought to my attention that it's possibly a glitch when reaching a new overall I personally still think it's the new standard though

I just did some more tests and its only in the nba lineup, +1 and +2 are treated the same as a 4% advantage/disadvantage.

EDIT: Theres no disadvantage to the AI tho, it plays the same as if they were the higher ovr with the advantage, wtf smh.

edlllpt

Pro 1

66RuckerPark, you just reached 99ovr in the line-up that gives you the 4pct dis/advantages didn't you? while keeping a 98ovr or below in the other.

4% dis/advantage is the standard for 99ovr+ for a while. Not a glitch of reaching that ovr. It's just a thing we only can notice when we reach that ovr.

Altavilla

Pro 1
Wow, i completely forgot about this post and read all answers just now :(

Thanks. All answers very helpful, even the "harsher" ones hehe (i'd recently found about this and was trying to get more info on it).

Altavilla

Pro 1
Is there a way to verify the boosts/penalties provided to the players? Some ingame screen that i?m somehow missing, maybe?

Altavilla

Pro 1
Also, am i correct to assume that a 15% boost would take a 100 rating (for any given stat) to 115? Does this apply before or after other boosts?

Williamof3

Rookie 1
Also, am i correct to assume that a 15% boost would take a 100 rating (for any given stat) to 115? Does this apply before or after other boosts?
Math seems correct there. I would guess after other boosts as those are figured into your ovr. This is just my guess.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.