• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

New Year promo

kirid96

Rookie 1
EA sure loves Kawhi, his bf card was already really good and now this.

Pippen's stats jaw droppingly low. I really wanted his card to be good but if stats don't change gonna have to go with the penny.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
Terrible stats all around!
This promo has to be a mistake...

BTW, giving Pippen bad ratings is an EA tradition since S1

Nothing this bad though his 94 last year was good then his other cards got worse stats then that despite being higher overall and coming out later his 96 AS card was.good as was his 94 legend last year but everything else has been a joke

ndbfjdn

Rookie 1
These cards are complete and utter trash! 90 ovr moses has significantly worse stats than elevate whiteside at 88, 90 penny sucks compared to 87 curry and the pippen card is just awful.
I'd get them for the bench but i'd have to take out cards that offer a boost to the starters just to add them. wtf were EA thinking?
Oh, and they're unauctionable of course

Nothing this bad though his 94 last year was good then his other cards got worse stats then that despite being higher overall and coming out later his 96 AS card was.good as was his 94 legend last year but everything else has been a joke

I don't understand it. Why release cards with mediocre stats that require a huge grind/store component? It doesn't even make good business sense lol. Someone in my league was gonna spend 100 dollars on a ghost last night but someone suggested maybe the $$ would go further in this promo...they would have been better getting the ghost lol

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief

I don't understand it. Why release cards with mediocre stats that require a huge grind/store component? It doesn't even make good business sense lol. Someone in my league was gonna spend 100 dollars on a ghost last night but someone suggested maybe the $$ would go further in this promo...they would have been better getting the ghost lol

Yeah the unauctionable 92s being better than the 94 masters is a joke as it sits now the only master from this promo worth a damn is Penny but we've had a master PG like every promo this season

ukmj23

Rookie 1
94 Pippen only having 73 speed has to be a mistake I saw his 83 with 64 speed but expected at least a 20 point increase for the 94 they have to fix this a 94 overall SF getting 73 speed can not be something they planned but we'll probably have to wait a couple days as they're still closed and the game is still put on autopilot

It may be one of those players with a very good AI that makes EA compensate by lowering some stats

Well master Curry had a low 3pt rating and that was fixed sure he'll have good AI but 92 Kawhi blows him out of the water at almost everything despite being 2 overall less and not being a master

That Card as a 94 overall Master Card is utterly disrespectful for a 6 time nba champion and hall of famer like Pippen. I am really glad EA doesn't have the rights on MJ cards.

Hetzer

Rookie 1
It may be one of those players with a very good AI that makes EA compensate by lowering some stats

Well master Curry had a low 3pt rating and that was fixed sure he'll have good AI but 92 Kawhi blows him out of the water at almost everything despite being 2 overall less and not being a master

That Card as a 94 overall Master Card is utterly disrespectful for a 6 time nba champion and hall of famer like Pippen. I am really glad EA doesn't have the rights on MJ cards.
Yeah this is so repsectful. For some reason a lot of good two way players irl are not that good stat-wise. Speaking of MJ if EA had his rights they would give him average stats+clutch and sell it for 200$

I'm glad I gave up on Magic. Trying to get Hardaway but it sucks that we have to get all 3 of them to 93 in order to complete a 94. Plus the time limit kinda worries me, but it does look grindable hence the poo poo stats.

ndbfjdn

Rookie 1
I'm glad I gave up on Magic. Trying to get Hardaway but it sucks that we have to get all 3 of them to 93 in order to complete a 94. Plus the time limit kinda worries me, but it does look grindable hence the poo poo stats.

A 92 is pretty easily grindable F2P, i've been grinding this promo hard since it opened and i've got the 90 Hardaway unlocked with 10/50 fireworks in the 92. I haven't done the math but i'm aiming to get the 93 unlocked then see what time i have left to maybe grind another 90

I have Moses up to a 92 and pulled Kawhi from the live event. it's been a nice little promo for me. I can understand not being interested in it if you have ghosts but for grinders like me it gets the thumbs up.

snowert

Rookie 1
Personally I tried 92Ovr Hardaway, as compared with 90 Master curry, I will stick my Master curry in my main starter, anyone else tried?

Kmcniel1982

Rookie 1
This promo is just trash and a joke. I am just playing it for the sake of it. I'm going to see what overall I can get of penny but nothing is worth spending or grinding crazy on. The unauctionable 92s look better than these masters and would have been more exciting to work towards, especially Donovan Mitchell or Kawhi.

karl_josh

Rookie 1
I have Moses up to a 92 and pulled Kawhi from the live event. it's been a nice little promo for me. I can understand not being interested in it if you have ghosts but for grinders like me it gets the thumbs up.

Being a f2p and early 40's player, for me this event works fine for grinders likes us where we will have a chance to earn high OVR cards. The magic word/s for this games is be contented on what you have coz at the end of the day, this game is for free unless you want the easy way around where you need real cash.

Being a f2p and early 40's player, for me this event works fine for grinders likes us where we will have a chance to earn high OVR cards. The magic word/s for this games is be contented on what you have coz at the end of the day, this game is for free unless you want the easy way around where you need real cash.
I couldn't agree more with everything said. It's a great promo for grinders! After taking a hard pass on Magic I got Hardaway to a 92 and working on the 93 and if I have time the 94. Works better with my defensive coach/team than Magic and much better stats. 93 Malone and Pippen can be good for the bench for those of us that don't like their stats. All in all a great, grindable, free promo, what's to complain about.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3

+1. Really cant complain when u get a 92 in 24 hours..surprisingly finding the grind less irritating than notth pole promo. I guess its the whole convert to elite tokens and then train which pissed me off..
I miss the uniqueness of events as all the events are similar now.. trianing promo then token promo.. then training promo etc.. hope all star has something interesting

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.